• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Little more on Collins story:

Bert would fax over another LOI, but apparently the school doesn't have a fax machine.

His coach is his legal guardian, his mother's signature doesn't matter, this was the only way she could keep him from signing.

So his school doesn't have a Fax Machine (The LOI was printed somewhere else and delivered), and his Mom at some point, sent him to live with his Coach, who becomes his Legal Guardian....oy...

I just got an update on my phone saying he signed with the Gators.

Phone was wrong, Clark signed his LOI earlier this morning. Around 10.

Our team is going to have some serious speed next few years. Already have the piece to replace Braxton as well.

Subitai

Penn State still in the top 25 amazingly. More kids from my area are going to be on the team since they're taking the opportunity to walk-on. Anyway, this class would always be the toughest because if you don't redshirt, you won't have a chance to play in a bowl game.

Man, tOSU and Mich just beasted.

JHall

Buck, I just got an update saying Clark signed with tOSU. Better late than never I guess...

I'm at work so I have to rely on updates and GAF for my info.

jakncoke

Banned
Glad Christian Hackenberg didnt flake out, Will be interesting to see what Bill O'Brien can do with him. lol got 19 walk ons coming in as well.

Apparently theres some drama with our punter, rumors are he may flip to bama. Not sure bamas depth, but he would be a starter here next year

UCF is done for the day. 19 commits and 19 signed. There were a couple scares and we lost a Wilson Bell to FSU I think. But other than that, the class stayed intact.

Draxal

Oh man, so what is up with recruits named Collin's mothers. Is there a potention for a new Alex/Landon Collins situation next year?

Apparently theres some drama with our punter, rumors are he may flip to bama. Not sure bamas depth, but he would be a starter here next year

Walk on? That drama's going to last a while then.

jakncoke

Banned
Penn State still in the top 25 amazingly. More kids from my area are going to be on the team since they're taking the opportunity to walk-on. Anyway, this class would always be the toughest because if you don't redshirt, you won't have a chance to play in a bowl game.

Man, tOSU and Mich just beasted.

They'll be able to play their Senior year and if someone redshirts they'll have 2 years of bowl possibility. But yes not being able to bowl for 75% of your career if you dont get redshirted is a tough sell for sure.

andycapps

Just some guesses from my previous post, that are complete guesses. Who knows if anything will happen, but I went through the first 100 or so recruits on ESPN and these are all defensive linemen that they're indicating haven't signed yet.

Jonathan Allen
Elijah Daniel
Tim Williams
Joey Bosa
Justin Manning
A'Shawn Robinson

Draxal

They'll be able to play their Senior year and if someone redshirts they'll have 2 years of bowl possibility. But yes not being able to bowl for 75% of your career if you dont get redshirted is a tough sell for sure.

You guys are so top heavy it isn't funny, once the injury piles up that's when you know how good a coach O'Brien is.

And remember it isn't "walk" on ITS "RUN" ON.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just some guesses from my previous post, that are complete guesses. Who knows if anything will happen, but I went through the first 100 or so recruits on ESPN and these are all defensive linemen that they're indicating haven't signed yet.

Jonathan Allen - SIGNED WITH BAMA
Elijah Daniel - SIGNED WITH AUBURN
Tim Williams - SIGNED WITH BAMA
Joey Bosa
Justin Manning
A'Shawn Robinson

Updated with what I know.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Edward Williams was down to Texas Tech and Oregon State but then Miami faxed him an LOI last night that threw a wrench into things. Apparently he's thinking of visiting Miami this weekend so he's likely not signing today.

jakncoke

Banned
You guys are so top heavy it isn't funny, once the injury piles up that's when you know how good a coach O'Brien is.

And remember it isn't "walk" on ITS "RUN" ON.

Yeah our depth is fucked, but not much we can do at this point. Just hope the injury bug stays away otherwise funny tryouts will be aired on espn. I cant remember if it was washington or washington st that was down so far on qbs they aired a qb competition on espn highlights a few years back when they were super bad, was so lulz.

LosDaddie

Banned
Alabama So Far

Signed LOI
1. Derrick Henry - 5 Star RB
2. OJ Howard - 5 Star TE
3. Cooper Bateman - 4 Star QB
4. Leon Brown - 4 Star Juco OT
5. Raheem Falkins - 4 Star WR
6. Brandon Hill - 3 Star Prep School OT
7. Parker McLeod - 3 Star QB
8. Johnathan Allen - 5 Star LB
9. Robert Foster - 5 Star WR
10. Tyren Jones - 4 Star RB
11. Eddie Jackson - 4 Star CB
12. Tim Williams - 4 Star DE
13. Darius Paige - 4 Star DT
14. Jonathan Cook - 4 Star CB
15. Ardarius Stewart - 4 Star ATH
16. Grant Hill - 4 Star OG
17. Altee Tenpenny - 4 Star RB (per Andrew Bone)

Impressive that Tenpenny is sticking with us! 3 RB's with Kamara in a few hours.

I think Andy Staples said something along the lines of: If you were playing PS3 and your friend signed a class like that, you'd just hit the reset button.

SEC SEC SEC

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
ESPN needs to update their shit. I doubt anything happens, but some kid claiming that UGA sent him a LOI last minute and he called them to confirm or something.. That's weird.

A'Shawn is the only one of those who hasn't faxed in a LOI.

Bosa signed with OSU and Manning signed with Aggie.

impirius

Submitted without comment

BCb5vQCCAAE_4sV_medium.jpg

andycapps

To paraphrase the great philosopher Nicholas Saban: "Any offensive series that ends in a kick is a successful one."

That's a philosophy that was shared by former coach of The University of the State of Ohio Universities, Jim Tressel.

Subitai

Yeah, I guess I was thinking of last year's duct taped class.

Is Michigan on the schedule this year?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Colorado landed as surprise in Tedric Thompson. I think Wazzu was looking forward to getting him.

Kevtones

Oregon Commits thus far:

Thomas Tyner - RB - 5*

Devon Allen - WR - 4*
Darren Carrington - WR - 4*
Cameron Hunt - OT - 4*
Danny Mattingly - LB - 4*
Evan Voeller - OT - 4*
Torrodney Prevot - DE - 4*
Tyree Robinson - ATH - 4*
Tyrell Robinson - ATH - 4*

Chris Seisay - ATH - 3*
Damion Hobbs - QB - 3*
Matt Wogan - K - 3* (2nd best in country and incredibly needed)
Juwaan Williams - ATH - 3*
John Mundt - TE - 3*
Doug Brenner - DT - 3*

Joe Walker - LB - 2*
Jake Piscarik - OL - 2*
Elijah George - OT - 2*
Kani Benoit - RB - 2*

Liking this class. Not flashy, but good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom