• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Oregon is going to kick?

andycapps

Rumors are that Toby Johnson, 4 star DT out of JUCO college in Kansas, is the mystery guy that may or may not be coming to UGA in a surprise.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Submitted without comment

BCb5vQCCAAE_4sV_medium.jpg

Looking at my phone at lunch, I couldn't tell what was going on.

Now that I'm back...geez...

Signed LOI
1. Derrick Henry - 5 Star RB
2. OJ Howard - 5 Star TE
3. Cooper Bateman - 4 Star QB
4. Leon Brown - 4 Star Juco OT
5. Raheem Falkins - 4 Star WR
6. Brandon Hill - 3 Star Prep School OT
7. Parker McLeod - 3 Star QB
8. Johnathan Allen - 5 Star LB
9. Robert Foster - 5 Star WR
10. Tyren Jones - 4 Star RB
11. Eddie Jackson - 4 Star CB
12. Tim Williams - 4 Star DE
13. Darius Paige - 4 Star DT
14. Jonathan Cook - 4 Star CB
15. Ardarius Stewart - 4 Star ATH
16. Grant Hill - 4 Star OG
17. Anthony Averett - 4 Star S
18. Altee Tenpenny - 4 Star RB
19. Cole Mazza - 2 Star LS
20. Maurice Smith - 4 Star CB
21. Dee Liner - 4 Star DE
22. Reuben Foster - 5 Star LB
23. Walker Jones - 3 Star LB

2 Spots left, and 3 targets

Alvin Kamara - 4 Star RB
A'Shawn Robinson - 5 Star OT/DL
Eddie Vanderdoes - 5 Star DL

Assume it'll be Kamara and Robinson.

cdyhybrid

We're pretty much done for the day outside of 2 guys. Waiting for Eddie V (longshot) and Nico Falah (feel good about getting him).

aTm flipped one of our DE commits at the last second, wonder how much they paid him.

Kevtones

Oregon is going to kick?

Rob Beard was Oregon's kicker in 2010 when they went to the MNC and he was pretty damn good that year.

For some reason, the past 2 years he had an undisclosed injury and struggled to get on the field ahead of Moldy Nachos (the guy that blew the kicks against USC/Stanford and generally sucked all the time, always).

Big deal for Oregon fans, really.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We're pretty much done for the day outside of 2 guys. Waiting for Eddie V (longshot) and Nico Falah (feel good about getting him).

aTm flipped one of our DE commits at the last second, wonder how much they paid him.
Vanderdoes is going to ND.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I have doubts that the best team in his home state and one of the hottest teams in the country had to pay anything to flip him. College Station is like 3 hours away for him. Not exactly Ole Miss taking a 5-star from Illinois.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
At least Auburn has some recent skins. Undefeated season under Tuberville and a legit MNC in the last decade. What is Ole Miss selling?

Hot girls, party school atmosphere, playing time, ess-eee-see, fun up-tempo system, beautiful campus and town, rising program, Blind Side, etc.

Australia guy: you have open invitation to my Grove tent if you ever come to a game.

Limedust

If Robinson and Vanderdoes both sign with Alabama, literally half of the signing class will be in the ESPN Top 100 (13 of 26).

That said, I'm only confident that Robinson signs, and we take 25 and call it a day.

Lonestar

If Robinson and Vanderdoes both sign with Alabama, literally half of the signing class will be in the ESPN Top 100 (13 of 26).

That said, I'm only confident that Robinson signs, and we take 25 and call it a day.

They wouldn't talk about that, they're too busy pumping up Ole Miss's #5 class as the best class in history.

Kamara: I feel like I can be more productive at Alabama (than at Georgia).

Even with the glut of RB's...

andycapps

Kamara: I feel like I can be more productive at Alabama (than at Georgia).

Even with the glut of RB's...

Maybe, if they use him as a slot receiver he may see the field more than he would as our 3rd string RB. As it is, we're stacked at receiver and he would only see the field as that in a couple downs a game. Water under the bridge at this point, I'm happy with Turman and that other kid we got from GT may be a surprise.

Lonestar

Dooley AND Chizic at the same table? Madness...

I know, it's strange to see them up there.

Can't wait to see team rankings based on positions, cause I already know Alabama has "Best RB Class" locked up.

:lol, ESPN, just because of Kamara, bumps Alabama from #3, behind Florida and OSU, to #1. Alabama, Florida, OSU.

Charles Power ?@CharlesGPower
#Alabama's four RB signees (D. Henry, T. Jones, Tenpenny, Kamara) as seniors- 9,586 rushing yards, 118 TDs. #NSD #SigningDay

Geeez

impirius

Spurrier on recruiting rankings just now: "You never know what you've got until you play it out. In 2008, Florida had the #1 class... two years later, that #1 class drove Urban Meyer to retirement."

cashman

Banned
I have doubts that the best team in his home state and one of the hottest teams in the country had to pay anything to flip him. College Station is like 3 hours away for him. Not exactly Ole Miss taking a 5-star from Illinois.

he originally decommitted from Texas because his family was from Seattle and he wanted to be closer to them.

Lonestar

Yeah, I was assuming a back-counter... no good reason, just for the hell of it.

Think we might actually now be at 26, with 1 back-counter, making it 25.

Took a second, strange looking elephant, but still, to have an elephant mascot bring out your hat :lol

Limedust

Think we might actually now be at 26, with 1 back-counter, making it 25.

Took a second, strange looking elephant, but still, to have an elephant mascot bring out your hat :lol

I'm seeing 7 EE (plus walk-ons Jai Miller and Luke Del Rio), plus the 18 from today. Vanderdoes would make 26, right? .. if he wasn't signing with ND like he will.

Lonestar

I'm seeing 7 EE (plus walk-ons Jai Miller and Luke Del Rio), plus the 18 from today. Vanderdoes would make 26, right? .. if he wasn't signing with ND like he will.

Maybe you're right. Still means one of those EE are back counting (I know we're supposed to have 1 spot), meaning I think we have room for 1 more, leading up to either Eddie V. signing, or the scholarship going to either Bozeman or this mystery punter.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
he originally decommitted from Texas because his family was from Seattle and he wanted to be closer to them.

I'm also aware of this. He still spent the last two seasons living in Texas.

Maybe the misunderstanding here is over my use of "home state" but I never meant to imply he has no ties to Washington; I'm just saying that a team with a freshman Heisman winner in the SEC with a top 10 finish who beat Alabama this past season doesn't exactly need to open up the wallet for a guy that lives three hours away and who has been looking around at other schools in the area for a while now.

Lonestar

Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone
#Alabama's 2013 No. 1 recruiting class with the highest point total in the history of the Rivals Team Rankings

But hey, Ole Miss ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom