• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Quote from Deloss Dodds:

How do you Bama guys feel about this.

Bammers expect to win all the time. If you go to that paper's website that reported about the Bama players, there's a poll on there about whether their readers think they'll win a 3rd consecutive national championship. I believe 87% voted yes.

I love that retro Oregon State posted above, but I'm a sucker for retro athletic logos.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Bammers expect to win all the time. If you go to that paper's website that reported about the Bama players, there's a poll on there about whether their readers think they'll win a 3rd consecutive national championship. I believe 87% voted yes.

I love that retro Oregon State posted above, but I'm a sucker for retro athletic logos.

Bammers?

I expected more from you.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
“We’re going to have good years again,” (Deloss) Dodds told the Austin American-Statesman. “Our bad years are not that bad. Take a school like Missouri. Our bad years are better than their good years. But we’ve created a standard.”

dbw3S82.gif

mre

Nicholas Englebert Saban said:
“The young men charged are indefinitely suspended as we continue to gather information and talk to the appropriate people. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude. This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program.”
We need a .jpg of Saban looking pissed in the background captioned with "Soon."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Think he's in Georgia at the Lake. I bet it'll be weeks before the Fish come out of hiding in Lake Burton.

Something else:

@Mathieu_Era: I don't expect ANYBODY to believe I'm going to be the greatest... I mean, people didn't believe Jesus when he said he was The Messiah

Guess who!

Lonestar

Lake Burton is pretty awesome too. Richt had a lake house at Oconee and sold it. I can't believe that Lake Oconee has a Ritz-Carlton there.

I've stayed in Helen a couple times, and it's nice up there. I enjoyed driving the twisty roads up there through the mountains more than up in the Smokey Mountains around Gatlinburg.

andycapps

I've stayed in Helen a couple times, and it's nice up there. I enjoyed driving the twisty roads up there through the mountains more than up in the Smokey Mountains around Gatlinburg.

Yeah Helen is pretty cool, kind of a smaller version of Gatlinburg. Lake Burton is a sweet lake. We're going to Gatlinburg this year, I love the mountains.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
How many digital camouflage patterns will Nike go through?

AOR1 uniforms inbound?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
So, Aliens: Colonial Marines is getting wrecked today, and IGN wanted to find out why.

Woodward and Bernstein better watch out, their greatest investigative reporting belt is about to be stripped: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/how-much-of-aliens-colonial-marines-did-gearbox-actually-make

Following a slew of less-than-flattering reviews for the game, internet sleuth Superannuation has uncovered some forum posts made around this time last year in which a person purporting to be an ex-Gearbox software dev warns fans not to get their hopes up for the game.

That forum they are getting all this juicy information from, and the only reason I post this here? Texags.com

The only times ShaggyBevo is sourced in articles is for illustrated dick pics.

cdyhybrid

Didn't some oregon recruit from Hawaii break a national TD record there? I'm not surprised a 350lb rb can also make noise in the infertile offensive recruiting grounds of Hawaii

There were 2 or 3 All-American types out of Hawaii this year, not bad for such a small state. Usually lots of good linemen and LBs. Mariota at Oregon is from there. Usually don't see the physical specimens at WR and RB and DB.

mre

So there's this:

http://socyberty.com/issues/alabama-football-program-violations-released/#ixzz2KitYee2y

I have literally no idea what this website is, or what their sources are so take this one with a Huge grain of salt.
(1) unsourced
(2) posted on a website with such quality articles as "Feelings Quantity Manuals Remedies for Increase Youths"; "Mental Faculties Decide on Publications Methods of Increase Your Children"; and "Unlawful Whether Valentine’s Day?".
(3) the author has deleted his Triond account, which is apparently the site you have to sign up with to be published on that site.

Tell your fellow Irish fans not to get too worked up over this.

mre

We have a sweet older lady at work who is a huge Bama fan. She had heard that some of our players had gotten in trouble, but didn't know any details. I told her that three of them were AJ, Yeldon, and Amari Cooper.

I felt a little bit bad about that.

Lonestar

We have a sweet older lady at work who is a huge Bama fan. She had heard that some of our players had gotten in trouble, but didn't know any details. I told her that three of them were AJ, Yeldon, and Amari Cooper.

Guessing game: What's Alabama's Record this year minus those 3?

Better than you think, or 2012 Auburn?

mre

Guessing game: What's Alabama's Record this year minus those 3?

Better than you think, or 2012 Auburn?

Much better than 2012 Auburn. I say we'd drop 2-3 games without them, mostly because our QB situation past AJ is unknown beyond Blake who can run a zone read offense, but I'm not sure he can run our base offense.

Lonestar

Much better than 2012 Auburn. I say we'd drop 2-3 games without them, mostly because our QB situation past AJ is unknown beyond Blake who can run a zone read offense, but I'm not sure he can run our base offense.

Yeah, it'd all be on Morris or Bateman at that point. If they can complete passes and hand off the ball correctly, could still win most games besides the 2 obvious ones.

mre

Yeah, it'd all be on Morris or Bateman at that point. If they can complete passes and hand off the ball correctly, could still win most games besides the 2 obvious ones.
What, you don't have faith in Phillip Ely?!?

Haha 7 team basketball league getting double the tv money versus an all sports league. Fucking insulting and disgusting.

There is no logic there except bullshit.

cdyhybrid

That's fucked up :p I support trolling but not sweet old ladies :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom