• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just noticed perfectchaos007 was in on the Cruise Ship stuck in the Gulf topic, about his Sister being on the ship. Damn, whole situation sounds like Hell.

But I kind of can't wait till photo's start showing up of the conditions. Lords of the Flies, man!

Just noticed perfectchaos007 was in on the Cruise Ship stuck in the Gulf topic, about his Sister being on the ship. Damn, whole situation sounds like Hell.

But I kind of can't wait till photo's start showing up of the conditions. Lords of the Flies, man!

I know nothing about this, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to get people off a cruise ship stranded in the Gulf of Mexico. There's no part of the Gulf that's very far away from land... just get some rescue boats out there, shouldn't take more than a few hours.

I know nothing about this, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to get people off a cruise ship stranded in the Gulf of Mexico. There's no part of the Gulf that's very far away from land... just get some rescue boats out there, shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Cruise boats have rescue boats on them. And I think enough to carry every passenger.

Lonestar

You know, I've never really researched what "makes a gypsy" Are they a particular race, or from a specific region? Or is it more like a learned culture.

Cause all I know is: People hate them, Brad Pitt played one in Snatch, and I think they were in Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I think means Rudy is a Gypsy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I've never really researched what "makes a gypsy" Are they a particular race, or from a specific region? Or is it more like a learned culture.

Cause all I know is: People hate them, Brad Pitt played one in Snatch, and I think they were in Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I think means Rudy is a Gypsy.

Ethnic group.

Also -

phQ9BxP.jpg

Limedust

I'd categorize it more as a learned culture. My great grandparents on my father's side immigrated to the US, so there is really nothing about me or my family that is "gypsy" other than lineage.

EDIT: From Wiki...

In North America, the word gypsy is commonly used as a reference to lifestyle or fashion, and not to the Romani ethnicity.

Talon

The Romani people pretty much have gotten the shit end of the stick for their entire existence.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I don't understand the Midwest.

original.jpg

Lonestar

I was going to post that earlier, but I was afraid of posting a basketball issue in a football topic.

Draxal

Come on! Bama can do better than going after mid major assistants! We're going into the BE, that's punishment enough.

UCF"s going to pay Bama 2 million to take him away from you guys. Did you hear about the rumor that UConn and Cincinnati are not actually on the Big East contract and thats why it's so low?

UCF"s going to pay Bama 2 million to take him away from you guys. Did you hear about the rumor that UConn and Cincinnati are not actually on the Big East contract and thats why it's so low?

Well luckily we have been responsible with money for the most part and have done projects that are realistic and won't bankrupt us while maintain even the shitty TV status quo. So not looking for handouts yet...

Man Uconn fans are going ballistic since the C7 is going to make more money then them, when they would be the best basketball team in the C7.

I feel bad for Cinci and Husky fans, they got the rug pulled right from under them.

http://the-boneyard.com/forums/conference-realignment-board.15/

Really sucks for the existing teams. They'll see their revenue actually drop. UCF will just get (significantly) less than they expected.

Don't feel bad for USF, though. Fuckers deserve it. They were one of the main ones against the original contract because it included UCF. Fuck them to hell.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

By the way, perfectchaos, my firm does mass torts as its bread and butter. If your sister wants to explore her options, just send me a PM.

cdyhybrid

Hmm, interesting.

Sark is splitting up spring ball around finals/spring break (we're on a quarter system) so we'll have practice the first two weeks of March and then the first 3 weeks of April.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom