• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Well, no. But you're already in a conference with Georgia. So it's too late to protest having hillbillies in your conference.
Well, no. But you're already in a conference with South Carolina. So it's too late to protest having hillbillies in your conference.
Well, no. But you're already in a conference with Kentucky. So it's too late to protest having hillbillies in your conference.
Well, no. But you're already in a conference with Auburn. So it's too late to protest having hillbillies in your conference.
Well, no. But you're already in a conference with Ole Miss. So it's too late to protest having hillbillies in your conference.
Well, no. But you're already in a conference with Mississippi State. So it's too late to protest having hillbillies in your conference.
We can go all day.

Draxal

I can't see Texas leaving the Big 12. They've got the perfect setup. They get their own network, lots of money via the conference TV deal, and the entire conference revolves around them, even when they suck in the big sports.

I can see the Texoma 4 going to the Pac 12. Remember, these are the WV insiders, who've been right in one of these 1000000 rumors that have been posted, that post was meant to be mocked.

KingGondo

Banned
I can see the Texoma 4 going to the Pac 12. Remember, these are the WV insiders, who've been right in one of these 1000000 rumors that have been posted, that post was meant to be mocked.
I still harbor dreams of the MDC happening.

The current Big 12 is probably better for OSU from a competitive standpoint, but there would be some awesome new rivalries, especially in football.

In a perfect world, we could get Nebraska and Aggy back, and bring in Arky and Louisville. That would be a great conference.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm from Georgia, so I've totally seen hillbillies in northern Georgia and South Carolina.
Those states are not known for their hillbillies, protest how you will. Besides, even if one was to concede that you could lump Georgia and South Carolina into the hillbilly category, which I am not, you also threw out Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Auburn, which most definitely do not have the "hillbilly" reputation.

Talon

Those states are not known for their hillbillies, protest how you will. Besides, even if one was to concede that you could lump Georgia and South Carolina into the hillbilly category, which I am not, you also threw out Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Auburn, which most definitely do not have the "hillbilly" reputation.
I will admit I was focused more on jocularity rather than reality.

andycapps

Hey bourbon is good stuff, mang.

True, I was just trying to focus on something I could stereotype. I could come up with more offensive things, I'm sure.

I'm from Georgia, so I've totally seen hillbillies in northern Georgia and South Carolina.

Depends on what you refer to as hillbillies. For me, hillbillies are the type from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee.. Appalachian folk, if you will. The type that describe where they're from as "down in the holler."

Tell him, Matlock.

cashman

Banned

So Redneck applies to states like Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Texas(to an extent). Is Georgia also redneck territory or are they hicks? What about the Florida panhandle?

Draxal

Man, now I know why I thought you went to Gtech, you're from Georgia and Korean.

I'm a halfie myself

So Redneck applies to states like Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Texas(to an extent). Is Georgia also redneck territory or are they hicks? What about the Florida panhandle?

There's rednecks in Jersey, they're pretty much everywhere.

Draxal

He's saying that "YOU PEOPLE."

But, no, I didn't go to GaTech, as we all know.

Yeah, I was just trying to figure out why I thought you went to Tech, knew you were a big Falcons fan from NFL gaf so I assumed the Georgia thing, but even still.

jjasper

Depends on what you refer to as hillbillies. For me, hillbillies are the type from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee.. Appalachian folk, if you will. The type that describe where they're from as "down in the holler."

You can include northern Grorgia western North Carolina and Virigina and you've got us all. Although really in Tennessee and Kentucky it is divided like those others. The only full Appalachian state is West fucking Virginia.

Draxal

You can include northern Grorgia western North Carolina and Virigina and you've got us all. Although really in Tennessee and Kentucky it is divided like those others. The only full Appalachian state is West fucking Virginia.

I'm not going to lie, I really miss hillbilly vs guido week.

andycapps

Yeah, man. Braves, Falcons, Hawks...Thrashers...

You lost me when you got to the Hawks, but at least we have the first two in common. Going to be a great season for the Braves.

StrikerObi said:
FSU has ever been a member of the AAU (I'm backed up by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associa...Former_members). We have been trying to get in for a few years now, and honestly the academic profile of the school has risen a lot over the past decade so I could see it happening. See the fact that we've had two students selected for Rhodes Scholarships to Oxford in the past decade.

Our new president actually cares about the school and is a serious academic, unlike our last one who only cared about hanging out with Bobby Bowden.

I know that feel. UGA has been trying to get in for years. UGA's had 5 Rhodes Scholars in the past decade. Woof Woof

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sebastianarrested_display_image.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Just Cause

Pat Forde's twitter had Louisville spokesman said Clint Hill and the University received allegation, declined to say what. All I know.

In unrelated news my vacation starts in exactly 4 minutes, so I will be a ghost until tuesday.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
does this mean Missouri will get something? Based on their Basketball coach?
No, but he may be sanctioned. I read something earlier that he just got hit with a "failure to promote a culture of compliance" or some similarly worded bullshit.

Draxal

Inside MD guy backpedaled today. I'm thinking UVA is in though. Wouldn't shock me if they grab UCONN if it guarantees a BIG basketball tournament in MSG.

Pat Forde's twitter had Louisville spokesman said Clint Hill and the University received allegation, declined to say what. All I know.

In unrelated news my vacation starts in exactly 4 minutes, so I will be a ghost until tuesday.

I've only seen the assistant coach stuff. Nothing on the university as a whole. Doubt anything like that would come.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I assumed everybody started first week of March.

Congrats to Bama on only having to cut 5 players.

Best part is, no one really knows how many actually have to be cut. Cause who knows who is still on scholarship!

Seriously, they don't reveal this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom