• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
be49wywcqaazbda.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Someone needs a raise!

cashman

Banned
Rumor is that fired coach in Texas is going to burn the whole institution down.

I was hearing about this a lot last night, but I couldn't find anything really substantial behind it. I'd hope Delo$$ has already prepared for dealing with all the names Bev is going leak.

Rumor is that fired coach in Texas is going to burn the whole institution down.

Yeah, word is this morning it was the Bev Kearney's lawyer throwing a hail mary, and that most of the rumors were unsubstantiated. Who knows, UT hasn't agreed to settle with her.

However, UT won't settle not because they are necessarily in the right, but because Governor Perry is trying to dick over UT President Bill Powers.

She is asking for her contract plus damages, or around 3 million. Any settlement over 1 million has to be approved by the board of regents, who were appointed by Perry.

Yeah, word is this morning it was the Bev Kearney's lawyer throwing a hail mary, and that most of the rumors were unsubstantiated. Who knows, UT hasn't agreed to settle with her.

However, UT won't settle not because they are necessarily in the right, but because Governor Perry is trying to dick over UT President Bill Powers.

She is asking for her contract plus damages, or around 3 million. Any settlement over 1 million has to be approved by the board of regents, who were appointed by Perry.

fuck aggy...governors.

Pffft. What's a little hooker problem? Hasn't hurt Da U.

Thats because no one at the U has been fired as a direct result while others get away scott free. Texas is going to learn that either all violators have to be fired, or everyone can get away with it. You can't pick and choose who you want to fire in inappropriate relations cases

ag-my001

I thought I walked into a ban trap when I saw what appeared to be the penn state baseball team mixed with a group of LD young adults at a chick fil a. Then I realized they were from the York campus.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Why is UT not hiding behind sovereign immunity?

Edit: oh, she's not just suing for breach of contract but alleging discriminatory employment practices. Carry on.

tokkun

Only bad if you're somehow surprised by his godawful hair. After being able to see him on the sidelines for a few years now you shouldn't be.

It's one thing to look disheveled when you're running up and down the sidelines out in the elements.

It's another thing to look like a clown that hasn't finished putting on his makeup in your posed press photo.

Holy hell its a Christmas day miracle. New football uniforms. I'll post pics later if I'm not too drunk.

Actually not crazy different but they're not a template design at least and we have black pants so we can do a proper blackout.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'll celebrate with the bonsai tree in my front lawn that just won't die no matter how many times that fucker gets hit with the mower.
Hah. Fantastic.

Yeah

Alabama's going to murder that team.
Is this real? It looks like one of those fmv clips that would play as a cut scene to a bad PC game in the early 90's.

Edit: my God, it IS real. They even broke with convention and did an extra long segment.

impirius

Is this real? It looks like one of those fmv clips that would play as a cut scene to a bad PC game in the early 90's.

I don't know what's more uncanny, the "90s pre-rendered background" look of the locker room or the almost complete lack of shadows on the floor from the characters. I mean people.

TheNatural

My Member!
I still don't like the Catholic schools.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...-run-doomed-from-the-beginning-211516936.html

They pretty muched fucked Vtech over in the past, so Vtech returned the favor. Glad that all the other teams aren't in the same conference as them.

Good column. Even though my team has only been in the Big East 8 years compared to the lifers, it's going to be a pretty nostalgic moment in MSG starting tomorrow. It's difficult to keep everyone's interests in mind when you have that many teams with separate goals. I think this is one reason why conference realignment will inevitably sputter out. 16, 18 team behemoth conferences have to cover too many interests.

Draxal

Good column. Even though my team has only been in the Big East 8 years compared to the lifers, it's going to be a pretty nostalgic moment in MSG starting tomorrow. It's difficult to keep everyone's interests in mind when you have that many teams with separate goals. I think this is one reason why conference realignment will inevitably sputter out. 16, 18 team behemoth conferences have to cover too many interests.

Ayup, allthough I think the Big East was always fractured from the beginning.

Schmitty

Look guys Joe Pa wasnt all that bad, he punished his players for the real crimes they did!

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/nEs.FGYZzHp3.UZubmktrQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/paternoletterresize.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Love the PS at the bottom.

You tell em McGloin!

[URL="http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2013/3/11/4083916/matt-mcgloin-tells-his-story-before-the-draft"]http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2013/3/11/4083916/matt-mcgloin-tells-his-story-before-the-draft[/URL]

cdyhybrid

More details on the ASJ DUI incident:

Bob Condotta said:
The report states an officer “came across a traffic collision” at 22 Ave. NE and Ravenna Ave. NE at 11:29 p.m. where the driver was found with a bloody nose. The injury, the police report states, “was consistent with hitting his face on the windshield of the crashed vehicle.”

The car was found in an open catch basin at the southern end of Ravenna City Park after leaving the roadway and driving over a small planted tree and the sidewalk. There was apparently no other car involved. The vehicle was found to have “a star-shaped fracture to the windshield on the driver’s side.” The driver was found to have “a bloody nose and what appeared to be dried blood on his face and shirt.”

S
M
F
H

Draxal

Oh man.

First off, fuck Mike Tranghese. You were the worst commisioner of all time, who had no clue what drives college sports even when you had Roy Kramer telling you exactly what was going to happen. Complaining that you had no football superpower, when you had Miami at it's apex is just stupid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/s...ders-starting-over-again.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Speculative translation: if the Southeastern Conference should seek to expand its footprint to the northeast, perhaps book a couple of its gridiron Goliaths into MetLife stadium, Manuel and Connecticut would not play hard to get. If the Big 12 should raid the A.C.C. — as some have speculated it might — then he would keep a night light in the window to help the A.C.C. folks locate him in countrified Storrs.

This shit showed up in the New York Times.

and Espn is running with this rumor afterwards.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college-football/rumors/post?id=2952

Could SEC consider UConn as member?Connecticut desperately wants to flee the new incarnation of the Big East -- or Atlantic 12 -- Conference. The Huskies have been unable to find a conference dance partner in recent years. The school is resigned to its fate, but it's still available for anyone interested.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There's this (potentially?)

USC’s practice with live tackling for the first time this spring resulted in injuries to a pair of key offensive playmakers: projected starting quarterback Max Wittek and wide receiver Marqise Lee.

From USC’s official practice notes:

QB Max Wittek and WR Marqise Lee both suffered knee injuries during practice and sat out the scrimmage. Lane Kiffin announced that both will have further testing before a diagnosis is announced. Lee stood and cheered his teammates throughout the scrimmage, while Wittek rested on the trainer’s table with ice on his knee.

Of the two, it sounds as though Wittek’s could be more serious. How much so, whether a little, a lot or not at all, won’t be known until the results come back from the tests.

With Wittek sidelined (at least temporarily), Cody Kessler stepped in to complete 12 of 15 passes for 192 yards.

Lee has already said he'll be back on Tuesday, so yeah it sounds like Lee's injury isn't really serious, but better safe than sorry.

Wittek had a rusher roll on his leg while he was holding the ball for a kick attempt. His sounds a bit worse, MRI pending and all that. Kessler made the most of his chance, but Browne was the one that threw the only TD :p

In other news, Cal QB Allan Bridgford is bailing out of Cal because he doesn't want to run the spread or whatever Cal is planning on doing: http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/54504/bridgford-makes-departure-official

bluemax

Banned
Lee has already said he'll be back on Tuesday, so yeah it sounds like Lee's injury isn't really serious, but better safe than sorry.

Wittek had a rusher roll on his leg while he was holding the ball for a kick attempt. His sounds a bit worse, MRI pending and all that. Kessler made the most of his chance, but Browne was the one that threw the only TD :p

In other news, Cal QB Allan Bridgford is bailing out of Cal because he doesn't want to run the spread or whatever Cal is planning on doing: http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/54504/bridgford-makes-departure-official

Best name for it I saw online is the "bear raid".

Also good was the CalZone for their defense.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I think this line is funny out of context -
But it seems pretty clear he's not the best fit for Dykes' system, which led the nation in total and scoring offense last season when Dykes was the head coach at Louisiana Tech.

"It's clear he's not a good fit for this offense that is great."

No.

The Big East sucks. Long live America 12!

Conference Realignment isn't going to sputter out, because y'know, you have all teams in the conference playing in the same sports. Not some who play football, and some who play basketball.

TheNatural

My Member!
No.

The Big East sucks. Long live America 12!

Conference Realignment isn't going to sputter out, because y'know, you have all teams in the conference playing in the same sports. Not some who play football, and some who play basketball.

It's not going to go to these 20 team behemoths like some think though. It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom