• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Awwwwwkwaaaaard.

757861.jpg

Manziel money picture. Manziel only on campus twice during semester..

The kid is a ticking time bomb and is going to end up doing coke off a stripper's ass with Stephen Garcia in a motel in some podunk town.

Ok, so the new UCF uniforms are ok looking - nothing crazy. An improvement and we finally have black pants, but they are similar to other schools. They are basically the Rutgers template design with Michigan State numbers. That number font, however, is pretty much our athletics font anyway.

I just hope they won't have that tramp-stamp Knights on the back. And fuck, gold is so difficult to make in clothing form. I'll spare you the shitty CGI views and show off the good ones.

DteaewT.jpg

DhPU1fL.jpg

In contrast to....

yadQgRv.jpg

Which were pure Miami/Tulsa templates and as far as I know not even made by Nike in-house... not that it means much. These new ones will have the new tech/materials, etc.

Dude needs to calm down if he ever wants to be my future NFL Qb

Well it is Spring Break, I can give him a pass on going buck wild on some beach during this time since it's also a customary college student thing. All he wants to do is be like a normal college student anyway, and he's doing just that at Texas A&M Online University.

cdyhybrid

UW has 3 fifth-year seniors, fewest in the conference.

Also, ASJ suspended indefinitely after his DUI. I doubt it'll last longer than a few games, but I can't really remember the last time someone got suspended for a DUI at UW, so I'm not sure what the precedent would be.

andycapps

Well it is Spring Break, I can give him a pass on going buck wild on some beach during this time since it's also a customary college student thing. All he wants to do is be like a normal college student anyway, and he's doing just that at Texas A&M Online University.

The bright minds at UGA love to drug test players the week after Spring Break.

Devin Gardner granted medical redshirt (he'll be a redshirt jr next year instead of a senior).

Denard Robinson coverboy for NCAA 14.

Go Blue.

Hahaha Moe Paterno. And Mr. "Release the Wolverines" Burns.

Also, I'm assuming the scientist guy is Vanderbilt. Harvard of the south and all, but who is the checkered hick? And since when were there only 13 members in the SEC?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha Moe Paterno. And Mr. "Release the Wolverines" Burns.

Also, I'm assuming the scientist guy is Vanderbilt. Harvard of the south and all, but who is the checkered hick? And since when were there only 13 members in the SEC?

I think that's supposed to be houndstooth, but it looks kind off.

andycapps

Ok, Vandy is starting to annoy me. Can someone in the SEC shut them up? Maybe if Tennessee stops being incompetent.
That's what happens when the little sisters of the poor start to have a small taste of success. But you nailed it, Tennessee's incompetence spurs on that kind of rhetoric.

NCSU, bringing the heat with this recruiting letter

original.png

Funny thing about that letter. The coach that wrote it just came from UCF - like a week or so ago. He makes those same letters and sends them out. "Custom" form letters, if you will.

Mixed feelings on them. Like a parent trying to use internet lingo with their children or something... Good coach/recruiter, though. Sucks to see him go.

bluemax

Banned
Worst coverboy for a NCAA game. Ever.

The 2009 Wii version featured the Michigan State mascot.

Still why Denard? Usually they get someone who was relevant during their career.

Although there were some weird choices for a few years when they did separate covers for every console.

The 2009 Wii version featured the Michigan State mascot.

Still why Denard? Usually they get someone who was relevant during their career.

Although there were some weird choices for a few years when they did separate covers for every console.

They did a vote this year. It came down to denard and the rb at a and m.

NCSU, bringing the heat with this recruiting letter

original.png
If you know what you're looking for, you can see the NCSU letter is a mass mailer. Look at the name compared to the rest of the letter, it's appreciably darker than the body. They just photocopy the letter and then marker in the name. They use marker because it's less obvious than pen. I had a political campaign do this to me to get me to be part of their local organization, except they didn't realize they also sent one to my roommate. They had the class to use ruled paper though, so I know they had some intern tearing his hair out to everything aligned.

Seriously, who uses a goddamned Sharpie to write a letter?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If you know what you're looking for, you can see the NCSU letter is a mass mailer. Look at the name compared to the rest of the letter, it's appreciably darker than the body. They just photocopy the letter and then marker in the name. They use marker because it's less obvious than pen. I had a political campaign do this to me to get me to be part of their local organization, except they didn't realize they also sent one to my roommate. They had the class to use ruled paper though, so I know they had some intern tearing his hair out to everything aligned.

Classy motherfuckers, that's who.

lol read a few posts up. He did the exact same thing while he was at UCF. He just got hired from us. Week or so ago and is already sending them out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom