• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
2010 we won the title too, but vacated due to TPeezy.

I saw that alluded to on the Wiki but then I realized that OSU lost to Wisc that season, and Wisc lost to Michigan State, so going by the Monroeski rules of tiebreaking between three teams with the same record Michigan State should have taken that one home solo anyway. ;)

I have informed my "boys" to spit on anyone they see who looks like Bert Cooper from Madmen.

I think he's been found dead in an alleyway in Baltimore.

My profile picture is pretty old, considering it was taken in 1964. I look way different now.

Jim Delany

Sweet, so the B1G understands it's proper place in college athletics. Division III level.

Delany is so full of shit. Of course the B1G would adapt to P2P, if it happens. They'll fight tooth-and-nail to stop it from happening, but they'll go along with it if it does.

Draxal

My profile picture is pretty old, considering it was taken in 1964. I look way different now.

Delany is so full of shit. Of course the B1G would adapt to P2P, if it happens. They'll fight tooth-and-nail to stop it from happening, but they'll go along with it if it does.

Ya, he's just bluffing to get all the B10 controlled ... aligned politicians/judges to fight tooth-and-nail against it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Double posting this, since it's big news and seems to encompass both sports. Wow:

Syracuse University basketball has been under NCAA investigation for a period of “years,” a source with knowledge of the case told CBSSports.com.

That source said the school has received a letter of preliminary inquiry from the NCAA.

The specific nature of the alleged violations was not disclosed by the source but the transgressions were described as both major and wide-ranging in nature. The investigation also encompasses football but is believed to primarily involve basketball. Syracuse has been penalized only once by the NCAA in a major case according to the association's legislative database. That was in 1992 in a case that focused on extra benefits in the basketball program...

The ongoing investigation has apparently grown larger in scope. When asked to characterize how wide-ranging the probe might be, a source with knowledge of the case told CBSSports.com: “Throw a dart at the [NCAA] Manual [and you would hit a violation by Syracuse]."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...01/syracuse-hoops-under-investigation-by-ncaa

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama AD Mal Moore retired immediately, to be a "special representative to the schools president" meaning, this most recent health scare is a serious situation, and "lets not burden the man with AD duties anymore, lets go get Ozzie Newsome."

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
WV voted the pepperoni role the state food.

It's like it's been all downhill since they joined the Union.

ag-my001

You know, he helped get us two Super Bowl wins, built winning teams consistently, and knew how to work the cap to get us the best chance to win before contracts would force the team apart. If he wants to go, you've got my blessing.

Assuming he doesn't take T'eo in the draft. If that happens, a curse will follow him to Tuscaloosa.

cdyhybrid

You know, he helped get us two Super Bowl wins, built winning teams consistently, and knew how to work the cap to get us the best chance to win before contracts would force the team apart. If he wants to go, you've got my blessing.

Assuming he doesn't take T'eo in the draft. If that happens, a curse will follow him to Tuscaloosa.

If he's an Alabama alum I have to imagine he saw the title game, and thus wouldn't dare take Te'o - at least not in the first round.

Lonestar

Guess you'd have to say he's the one that signed off on that Flacco Contract which looks to have ruined the team (everyone must go!). Byt yeah, it's been a consistent, quality franchise.

Lonestar

Insert John Harbaugh watching Teo 40 gif here.

What about ND Fans watching Teo running the 40.gif instead?

qb5YR5d.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Alabama AD Mal Moore retired immediately, to be a "special representative to the schools president" meaning, this most recent health scare is a serious situation, and "lets not burden the man with AD duties anymore, lets go get Ozzie Newsome."
will Ozzie leave the NFL?

cdyhybrid

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 12s
RT @mortreport I've got it at zero chance “@Willyd321: Chances Ozzie Newsome takes the Alabama AD job?”

IU has a much better campus than Purdue though, sooooo.

It's all part of their charm though. A tough, middling program, midwest blue-collarism, "Boilermakers"; a train logo; black & gold. A less-than-stellar campus fits right in. They just need to maintain a 7-8 win average and they're an okay program. Iowa East, in theory. Indiana's been nothing but a fucking doormat forever. Even Northwestern kicks their ass in tradition.

It's all part of their charm though. A tough, middling program, midwest blue-collarism, "Boilermakers"; a train logo; black & gold. A less-than-stellar campus fits right in. They just need to maintain a 7-8 win average and they're an okay program. Iowa East, in theory. Indiana's been nothing but a fucking doormat forever. Even Northwestern kicks their ass in tradition.

But their one bar has a tent you can go to while tailgating and they give you free beer/mixed drinks and food!

Jhriad

With the move to Community I keep forgetting to stop by this thread. So I'll just look at the past two pages.

The only thing cyclical in the Big 10 is if Ohio State or Michigan win the conf. Over the past 50 years either Ohio State or Michigan have won or shared the title probably over 40 of those years.

Of course if Nebraska, and to a lesser extent, Penn State were in the conference for the entirety of that period it would be entirely different.

The QB for the team in white has the best-worst 3step drop and throwing motion I have ever seen.

Are you sure?

Limedust

Alabama spring roster is out.

- Jonathan Atchison , William Ming, and Chris Bonds have left the team. I believe all 3 were 5th year seniors with their degree in hand.

- Danny Woodson is suspended.

- Marvin Shinn will be transferring.

- Pettway, Eddie Williams, Hayes, and Calloway were kicked of the team.

The only suprise are the 5th year seniors leaving early.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I wonder how many other campuses demand that all new buildings conform to prevailing architecture of all the existing buildings.

andycapps

Alabama spring roster is out.

- Jonathan Atchison , William Ming, and Chris Bonds have left the team. I believe all 3 were 5th year seniors with their degree in hand.

- Danny Woodson is suspended.

- Marvin Shinn will be transferring.

- Pettway, Eddie Williams, Hayes, and Calloway were kicked of the team.

The only suprise are the 5th year seniors leaving early.
Roster management, Saban style.

Looks like Tulsa is out of CUSA and moving to Conference TBA. Shocked as I thought they would hold out for the Mountain West.

I like their athletics department and they put out good programs, but their enrollment is just useless and they get overshadowed by OU and OKST. I personally would be more excited over a Southern Miss or something. But its a safe choice I guess.

Looks like Tulsa is out of CUSA and moving to Conference TBA. Shocked as I thought they would hold out for the Mountain West.

I like their athletics department and they put out good programs, but their enrollment is just useless and they get overshadowed by OU and OKST. I personally would be more excited over a Southern Miss or something. But its a safe choice I guess.

They are moving to the America 12 I bet

With such a volatile conference it would be silly to attach a number to any conference that represents the # of members. Call it the America conference if they must be patriotic.
Rumblings they will go with Metro or something added to that. And yeah, no numbers either.

America 12 was something it looked like Aresco wanted and assumed the conference would go with it.

They should call it the "Layover Conference," as a tribute to the BEAST's proud history of being a stop as schools wait to move on to better things.

Draxal

New Metro is still alot better then the MWC, you don't have Boise, but you don't have the bottom feeders that the MWC has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom