• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Geez, you west coast academic types have a hard time reading statements properly. There's nothing in that Oregon statement that says "this is the NCAA's final statement."

This is Oregon saying "OK, something went on. We know it and you know it. How about we offer up these forms of self-flagellation and call it a day? Please?"

Though, having the NCAA be in dire straights (of it's own doing) at the same time, helps Oregon out. Maybe.
I fully expect Nike U to get at least what Ohio State got.

I said they wouldn't be losing in bowl games. Because they won't be playing in any.

Kevtones

Geez, you west coast academic types have a hard time reading statements properly. There's nothing in that Oregon statement that says "this is the NCAA's final statement."

This is Oregon saying "OK, something went on. We know it and you know it. How about we offer up these forms of self-flagellation and call it a day? Please?"

Though, having the NCAA be in dire straights (of it's own doing) at the same time, helps Oregon out. Maybe.

What? Where did anyone post this was the 'NCAA' stance? These are Oregon's proposed self-imposed sanctions to get out of bigger trouble. Feel like we all read it fine and you're just high on deer antler spray.

Also again, people should note that Oregon had no 'lack of IC' and the NCAA reported no 'unethical behavior'. These, historically, have divided the more severely penalized schools from the slap on the wrist types (tOSU is a recent example of the former).

cdyhybrid

What? Where did anyone post this was the 'NCAA' stance? These are Oregon's proposed self-imposed sanctions to get out of bigger trouble. Feel like we all read it fine and you're just high on deer antler spray.

Also again, people should note that Oregon had no 'lack of IC' and the NCAA reported no 'unethical behavior'. These, historically, have divided the more severely penalized schools from the slap on the wrist types (tOSU is a recent example of the former).
Repeat offender could be in play though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Mother fucker.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...schedule-game-texas-aggies-2013-season-opener

So much for fun games and getting a shot at a marquee game to have a shot at the big game.

I just read the whole article.

Alabama will play Virginia Tech, but the Hokies considered withdrawing from the game if quarterback Logan Thomas left early for the NFL draft. Louisville would have replaced Virginia Tech, but Thomas returned for his senior season.
What a bunch of pussies.

So Houston Baptist University will start up their inaugural football program this year. They will play 7 games this season, and next year will be an FCS program. I just don't think they are nearly ready yet. Take a look at some of the guys on their roster. Looks like the post death penalty SMU squad.

• Gregory Gallard QB 5'8" 150lbs
    Jamarcus Johnson CB 5'6" 160lbs
    Trevin Hooks CB 5'6" 155lbs
    Jake Dennis DB 5'8" 160lbs
    Nefi Lopez DE 5'8" 230lbs
    Sean Rophail DT 5'7" 200lbs
    Korey Malone LB 5'10" 180lbs
    TC Jones OG 5'11" 285lbs
    Brian Johnson RB 5'4" 150lbs
    Calvin Thomas S 5'8" 175lbs

sheeeit my 5'7" 165lbs frame could give this team some size

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Oregon says it hasn't done LOIC. NCAA might throw it in there at the last moment, or just not let on to Oregon that it's on the table.

Believe me, we know the NCAA.

I just moved into a new apartment and got my cable installed yesterday (U-Verse).

While browsing the sports section, I saw LHN HD.

I selected it and got hit with a notice: "You are not subscribed to this channel."

Now I'm fucking devastated. How dare they tease me like that.

I just moved into a new apartment and got my cable installed yesterday (U-Verse).

I selected it and got hit with a notice: "You are not subscribed to this channel."

Aww I'm sorry man. In Texas markets it comes with the standard sports package but elsewhere it's in the more expensive sports package. BTN is also in my standard sports package so i get the best of both worlds + the amazing BYU network

Tamanon

Banned
What's the etiquette for being a fan of one college and then going to a completely unrelated college?

I'm probably going to East Carolina University in the Spring to knock out my Bachelor's, so technically I'll be a Pirate instead of a Gator(cost).

What's the etiquette for being a fan of one college and then going to a completely unrelated college?

I'm probably going to East Carolina University in the Spring to knock out my Bachelor's, so technically I'll be a Pirate instead of a Gator(cost).

You have to be an ECU fan. If you were going to a DII, DIII, or school with an FCS program, you could be an honorary Gator. However, ECU is FBS just like Florida so you'll have to stick with the Pirates.

alt: you can be a fan of as many programs as you want. mre is a Bama, Florida, NC State, and UAB fan among others. Cyan is Cal + LSU

Kevtones

Oregon says it hasn't done LOIC. NCAA might throw it in there at the last moment, or just not let on to Oregon that it's on the table.

Believe me, we know the NCAA.

The 'no LOIC' was referenced also in February 2012 from the NCAA draft, but you're right, the NCAA is unpredictable.

At that point, the findings concluded a 'failure to monitor'.

I'm expecting the worst but I'm hopeful.

cdyhybrid

You are now a Skip Holtz fan. He's still there right? With Chris Johnson?

Karakand

2011Pac12ChampionshipGame.jpg

congratulations to UCLA, the true pac-32424 champions for 2011. GO BRUINS WOO

PStttt insider tip with ATT Uverse, you get LHN SD, but not HD. Rejoice in being able to watch the awkward Mack Brown show!!!!

Side note: where did you end up moving to?

Limedust

I switched to U-Verse about 2 months ago... and did the same thing. I saw the channel, and was morbidly curious.

Only thing I would complain about is that the AMC channel isn't available "On Demand". I wanted to see what all the fuss about The Walking Dead was about.

I switched to U-Verse about 2 months ago... and did the same thing. I saw the channel, and was morbidly curious.

Only thing I would complain about is that the AMC channel isn't available "On Demand". I wanted to see what all the fuss about The Walking Dead was about.

Yeah, this is really fucking annoying, considering I'm a huge Mad Men (shocker) and Breaking Bad fan.

AMC got into a carriage fight with AT&T last year, so it's probably related to that somehow.

Also, don't bother with The Walking Dead. It sucks.

andycapps

Yeah, this is really fucking annoying, considering I'm a huge Mad Men (shocker) and Breaking Bad fan.

AMC got into a carriage fight with AT&T last year, so it's probably related to that somehow.

Also, don't bother with The Walking Dead. It sucks.

The Walking Dead isn't horrible, it's just not great. And it could be great, pretty easily. After reading the comics I was expecting a lot more, but it's mostly talking between characters with little of consequence being said. A friend and I talked about it this weekend and agreed that every week we watch it (except for the first and last episodes of each season) we get to the end of the episode and say something like "Well, that was setup for next week." Yet I still watch it, and do enjoy parts of the show. It's the weakest of the trio of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and itself by far. Though Mad Men is boring as shit. I watched the entire first season and just couldn't get into it. Talk about a slow burn.

andycapps

Hear that Bertram Cooper, andy's got no patience for your slow game. He thinks Mad Men is like Ohio State football - too slow.

It is similar to B1G football now that you mention it.

I really did try to get into the show, and it has great characters. It's a good one, it's just not for me right now. I'll try again some day.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
and I read the logs. This place feels a whole lot less special.

Cyan, let me know if I've said something in the last 13 years that is secretly held over my head. Cause I can't keep up with that much time in my head.

TheNatural

My Member!
radiohead, etoilete, phisheep, and bluemax permed in one day. That's like 30 years of GAF experience getting the axe in a day. Damn today has been nuts on here, in the mainstream news, and videogame wise all at once.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Someone PM me an explanation on Bluemax's banning. I can't find shit justifying a ban, much less a permaban in his post history.

FREE BLUEMAX!!!

Someone PM me an explanation on Bluemax's banning. I can't find shit justifying a ban, much less a permaban in his post history.

I can't find anything that would warrant a ban either from his post history. In phisheeps thread Evilore mentions he deleted some posts, so maybe was banned from a post that has since been deleted? But I digress, we have been instructed by mods to not speculate on bannings, so I'll be silent from now on.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
FREE BLUEMAX!!!

I can't find anything that would warrant a ban either from his post history. In phisheeps thread Evilore mentions he deleted some posts, so maybe was banned from a post that has since been deleted? But I digress, we have been instructed by mods to not speculate on bannings, so I'll be silent from now on.

He said something on irc to evil and evil got pissed and banned him from irc and gaf. Mostly for thing he had said in the past to evil I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom