• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
meh, if I do it, 90% chance it'll be "post what SBNation does" ops. Now, I can fill in from time to time, that'd be ok. Perhaps have the the season picked out for each of the "big time" users. 14 or 15 users could suffice (counting Bowl and offseason topics)

meh, if I do it, 90% chance it'll be "post what SBNation does" ops. Now, I can fill in from time to time, that'd be ok. Perhaps have the the season picked out for each of the "big time" users. 14 or 15 users could suffice (counting Bowl and offseason topics)

OOoo i like this idea, could maybe go it around those users big game weeks. So when UGA has a big game andy gets it, when Cal then cyan, when idaho state a&m technology college has one mre gets it.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
OOoo i like this idea, could maybe go it around those users big game weeks. So when UGA has a big game andy gets it, when Cal then cyan, when idaho state a&m technology college has one mre gets it.

Cyan will get it for LSU, Mizzou and Cal? And the MRE will get it for the 5 weeks that represent the other schools he went to.

andycapps

I could go for that. If we do this, I want to go ahead and volunteer for the Cocktail Party week. We have a lot of big games this season, but that game typically decides the East, and it's Florida.

Lonestar

Early look at the 2013 schedules:

Week 1 GAF Big Games:
UNC vs South Carolina (few GAFfers for each)
Miss State vs Okie State (KG vs. Midnight Rider-if he still exists!)
UGA vs Clemson (Andy or the other Dawgs vs Az!)
LSU vs TCU (Cyan vs. the Ghost of Threeballz!)
Alabama vs VT (Alabama Crew vs. Denogg, think there's another VT guy as well). Some other games, but are more one sided.

Week 2:
South Carolina vs UGA
ND vs Michigan
WVU vs. OU (think there's a WVU guy, but all the OU guys disappeared years ago, if I recall)

Week 3:
TCU vs Texas Tech (well, if there are TCU fans here)
Miss State vs Auburn (if guys show up)
Wisconsin vs Ariz State (are there any ASU guys here?)
tOSU vs Cal (holy fucking shitballs, wHAT A horrible season for a tattoo parlor)
Louisville vs Kentucky (we'll have the Louisville guys go at it with each other, and the kentucky guys will show up for a week)
GT vs Duke (that one GT guy and the one Duke guy, BATTLE ROYALE!)
UCLA vs Nebraska (Karakand makes his yearly appearance, as does AlteredBeast. Hope I got Karakand/UCLA right)
UCF vs Penn State (Jakncoke vs the UCF's biggest fan in the world!)
Alabama vs Texas A&M (Alabama Crew again vs. that Aggie Sumbitch)
Texas vs Ole Miss (Guileless comes out of hiding, and the Texas crew get to show off against the SEC once again)
Tennessee vs Oregon (2 solid group of fans, amazingly for Tennessee to still have a couple).

I'll do another couple of weeks later

Week 2:
WVU vs. OU (think there's a WVU guy, but all the OU guys disappeared years ago, if I recall)

I could probably whip something together, although A) My creativity gland is defective B) I doubt we'll be good enough for that to be the marquee game of the week and C) I'll most likely forget by then. I would probably draw very heavily on the 2008 Fiesta Bowl (last year doesn't count).

Does seem like a really cool idea though, if it can get organized.

Seems cool, although it might be hard to organize. Are any of the regulars interested in doing it, well, regularly? (I'd support TTK since he already does the pick ems, but he seems like a busy dude)

We could just set it all up beginning of the season and could make almost like a template for people to follow. Such as pun/joke go here, top 25 games here, pick em results here, a big list of gifs from previous weeks, etc.

Lonestar

We could just set it all up beginning of the season and could make almost like a template for people to follow. Such as pun/joke go here, top 25 games here, pick em results here, a big list of gifs from previous weeks, etc.

That's basically what Bluemax did. Base line to go by. Add on anything you can think of, but the bare minimum of what to include is known. If you can't come up with a proper title (to go with a recent event), tell the committee and we'll come up with something.

Committee's and shit. It's what we've been pushed to.

andycapps

Early look at the 2013 schedules:

Week 1 GAF Big Games:
UNC vs South Carolina (few GAFfers for each)
Miss State vs Okie State (KG vs. Midnight Rider-if he still exists!)
UGA vs Clemson (Andy or the other Dawgs vs Az!)
LSU vs TCU (Cyan vs. the Ghost of Threeballz!)
Alabama vs VT (Alabama Crew vs. Denogg, think there's another VT guy as well). Some other games, but are more one sided.

Week 2:
South Carolina vs UGA
ND vs Michigan

Week 3:
TCU vs Texas Tech (well, if there are TCU fans here)
Miss State vs Auburn (if guys show up)
Wisconsin vs Ariz State (are there any ASU guys here?)
tOSU vs Cal (holy fucking shitballs, wHAT A horrible season for a tattoo parlor)
Louisville vs Kentucky (we'll have the Louisville guys go at it with each other, and the kentucky guys will show up for a week)
GT vs Duke (that one GT guy and the one Duke guy, BATTLE ROYALE!)
UCLA vs Nebraska (Karakand makes his yearly appearance, as does AlteredBeast. Hope I got Karakand/UCLA right)
UCF vs Penn State (Jakncoke vs the UCF's biggest fan in the world!)
Alabama vs Texas A&M (Alabama Crew again vs. that Aggie Sumbitch)
Texas vs Ole Miss (Guileless comes out of hiding, and the Texas crew get to show off against the SEC once again)
Tennessee vs Oregon (2 solid group of fans, amazingly for Tennessee to still have a couple).

I'll do another couple of weeks later

I think we need the full list before we figure it out.. Ideally nobody has to do more than one week. If you get a template together for people to vote on, I can do the tally in Excel.

We'll be holding a playoff before you know it.

But will the selection committee for the playoff be composed of hall of fame fans? Will computer rankings be included? Will a team have to win it's division for the fan to be eligible for the make-a-thread playoffs? These are the pressing issues of our time.

Lonestar

Week 4:
Clemson vs NCSU (Az and MRE)
Tennessee vs Florida (ancient GAF enemies JJasper and Pxleyes, as well as others)
Mich State vs ND (JCX gets to do something! ND Fan(s) too!)
Auburn vs LSU (those Auburn guys vs Cyan. One to look out for)
Arkansas vs. Rutgers (the Arky guy(s) vs. Sirpopopopopopopopoopopppopooppppo)

Week 5:
VT vs GT (handful of people here)
Texas A&M vs Arkansas (same)
LSU vs Georgia (Cyan vs UGA crew)
Florida vs Kentucky (Florida Crew vs. Basketball fans)
Wisconsin vs tOSU (MrBob vs Roger Betty Draper)
Okie State vs WVU
Ole Miss vs Alabama (Guileless gets reminded of this play again. Yearly Tradition)
Cal vs. Oregon (big GAF matchup)

Week 6:
Texas vs Iowa State (Texas Crew and the one Iowa State fan)
Oregon vs Colorado (Oregon Crew and ChiTown, if he's still around)
Arky vs Florida
tOSU vs Northwestern (I think NU has a guy here!)
UNC vs VT
UGA vs Tennessee

Week 7:
Arizona vs USC
Rutgers vs Louisville (BEAST/ACC/B1G, who cares, it's SirPopopopopopo vs TheNatural vs that other Louisville guy!)
Cal vs UCLA
Florida vs LSU
OU vs Texas
Oregon vs Washington

Week 8:
Miami vs UNC
UCF vs Louisville
USC vs ND
FSU vs Clemson
South Carolina vs Tennessee

Week 9:
NSCU vs FSU
Okie State vs Iowa State (hey, remember that one time, in 2011? I do)
Cal vs Washington
Tennessee vs Alabama
UCLA vs Oregon

Week 10:
Colorado vs UCLA
Miami vs FSU
Georgia vs Florida
Michigan vs Mich State

Obviously I'm missing games, but I'm trying to find obvious ones for us, though certain weeks are more heavy than others.

I also say, Stanford Fans are banned from making OP's. See this topic's title for proof.

Draxal

Seems cool, although it might be hard to organize. Are any of the regulars interested in doing it, well, regularly? (I'd support TTK since he already does the pick ems, but he seems like a busy dude)

I think you should do the official topics, but you have to be a fan of a different tiger team every week.

Lonestar

One of my thoughts of multi user matchups, was having dualing ops. Like making a case why the other op is a snake oil salesman (or some other derogatory term). Lessens the load, gets double the people involved.

andycapps

One of my thoughts of multi user matchups, was having dualing ops. Like making a case why the other op is a snake oil salesman (or some other derogatory term). Lessens the load, gets double the people involved.

This may be what you're saying, but would be interesting if we could find a member from each team in the chosen matchup to do their side of the OP. So Cyan would do the LSU side (hypothetically) and you or MRE could do the Bama side in that week of we didn't choose Colorado and Washington.

Lonestar

That was typed on a phone, which I'm not great at.

But yeah, like a half and half op. Could either be post #1 and #2 (would take coordination), or just have the Home Team guy post it all (after receiving the other's info).

Really, just spitballing anything. I don't know if it'd work, because, what exactly would we write/post? Don't want essays, but some might have limited art/.gif skills. Or no sense of humor, or have a sense of humor that you've deluded yourself into thinking it's better than it really is (i.e. Me).

They're will be fluxuations based on team performances, user availabilities, storylines that overshadow the chosen game of the week, and then you get into Bowl and CCG weeks.

TheNatural

My Member!
So much for Notre Dame to ACC, Big Ten, SEC, or anywhere else:

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- NBC Sports Group announced a 10-year contract extension to televise Notre Dame football games Thursday, doubling the length of its previous agreement.

NBC and Notre Dame said the extension would begin in 2016 and run through the 2025 season. The contract, reportedly worth $15 million annually for football, had never run for more than five years.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-notre-dame-fighting-irish-football-deal-2025

Draxal

That'd be hilarious. There are probably enough tiger teams for it to work.

I actually used to do the topics, but retired in favor of blue a while back. Karakand did them before me. It's actually more time-consuming than you'd think!

More then enough, always knew you were a Salem-Teikyo alum.

* Auburn University (Auburn, Alabama)
* Benedict College (Columbia, South Carolina)
* Campbellsville University (Campbellsville, Kentucky)
* Clemson University (Clemson, South Carolina)
* Colorado College (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
* Dakota Wesleyan University (Mitchell, South Dakota)
* DePauw University (Greencastle, Indiana)
* Doane College (Crete, Nebraska)
* East Central University (Ada, Oklahoma)
* East Texas Baptist University (Marshall, Texas)
* Edward Waters College (Jacksonville, Florida)
* Fort Hays State University (Hays, Kansas)
* Georgetown College (Georgetown, Kentucky)
* Grace Bible College (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
* Grambling State University (Grambling, Louisiana)
* Hampden-Sydney College (Hampden-Sydney, Virginia)
* Holy Family College (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
* Industrial College of the Armed Forces (part of National Defense University) (Washington, D.C.)
* Iowa Wesleyan College (Mount Pleasant, Iowa)
* Jackson State University (Jackson, Mississippi)
* Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
* Occidental College (Los Angeles, California)
* Ouachita Baptist University (Arkadelphia, Arkansas)
* Olivet Nazarene University (Kankakee, Illinois)
* Paul Quinn College (Dallas, Texas)
* Princeton University (Princeton, New Jersey)
* Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, New York)
* Saint Paul's College (Lawrenceville, Virginia)
* Salem-Teikyo University (Salem, West Virginia)
* Savannah State University (Savannah, Georgia)
* State University of New York-College of Agriculture and Technology (Cobleskill, New York)
* Stillman College (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)
* Tennessee State University (Nashville, Tennessee)
* Texas Southern University (Houston, Texas)
* Towson University (Towson, Maryland)
* Trinity College (Washington, D.C.)
* Trinity College of Florida (Trinity, Florida)
* Trinity University (San Antonio, Texas)
* University of Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
* University of Missouri (Columbia, Missouri)
* University of the Pacific (Stockton, California)
* University of the South (Sewanee, Tennessee)
* University of West Alabama (Livingston, Alabama)
* Voorhees College (Denmark, South Carolina)
* Wittenberg University (Springfield, Ohio)

Lonestar

More then enough, always knew you were a Salem-Teikyo alum.

tumblr_mkn6i5Fr1I1qdvqkoo1_1280.jpg

Kind of a chart graph thing, aligned by Animal, plant, people, colors, inanimate objects, etc etc. The higher the amount of "___", the larger the symbol. Tigers are the 2nd largest icon, I believe.

Kevtones

Bluemax :(

A poster of posts, a fan of fans; Bluemax was more than a Trojan, he was CF-GAF's backbone. His soul was purer than any spice, and his football knowledge surpassed even threeballz - he will be missed.

cdyhybrid

I'm not sure how I feel about those UCONN helmets. I think the concept is interesting but I fear they might look bad in action. Maybe if there was less contrast between the white and blue.

TheNatural

My Member!
Mini render of our new field:

Gl1658s.jpg

I like it, glad we're going to the black end zones. Of course we'll be changing the conference logo a couple times, but whatever.

Draxal

Mini render of our new field:

Gl1658s.jpg

I like it, glad we're going to the black end zones. Of course we'll be changing the conference logo a couple times, but whatever.

One time I thought? Rutgers is just removing the logo all together and I thought Ville was doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom