• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

If there is a change it would most likely be back to "Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl". All the other bowls have a sponsor; the Rose is the only one that puts the sponsor second.

TheNatural

My Member!
If there is a change it would most likely be back to "Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl". All the other bowls have a sponsor; the Rose is the only one that puts the sponsor second.

No one calls them by the sponsor name though when referring to the bowl. If it goes back, then everyone will just call it the Peach Bowl.

TheNatural

My Member!

Karakand

And they may make them change the Chick-fil-A bowl name not allowing a sponsor's name. I really hope so, first off because I hate corporate bowl names, and second especially because it's named after a bunch of discriminatory homophobic piece of shit individuals' company.

You're all right, Nat. All right.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Screen_Shot_2013-04-24_at_9.40.27_AM.png

What.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

ChiTownBuffalo

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Is it 8/31 yet? I can't wait to get down to Auburn! Taking a little tour of the south. Flying to Memphis and then driving down to New Orleans over to Biloxi, Mobile and Pensacola and then heading north to Montgomery. I've never been to that part of the country so I'm very excited! Go Cougs!

ChiTownBuffalo

Is it 8/31 yet? I can't wait to get down to Auburn! Taking a little tour of the south. Flying to Memphis and then driving down to New Orleans over to Biloxi, Mobile and Pensacola and then heading north to Montgomery. I've never been to that part of the country so I'm very excited! Go Cougs!

How many years leeway is Mike Leach getting? 5 years?

Seems like McCarthy might get that much time at Colorado, but that makes the whole Jon Embree situation look worse. Granted McCarthy would have to lose just as poorly

ChiTownBuffalo

They probably can't do better so maybe ;) More than Embree got, that's for sure.

I still have mixed feelings about that. I think he got shafted, but he lost so horribly.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
How many years leeway is Mike Leach getting? 5 years?

Seems like McCarthy might get that much time at Colorado, but that makes the whole Jon Embree situation look worse. Granted McCarthy would have to lose just as poorly

His contract is 5 years, so probably. He is already doing a lot of good things that will turn into wins. I think we realistically win 5 games this year and who knows the following year.

ChiTownBuffalo

It wasn't all his fault, but they had to make a change. To be honest, I'm surprised the AD is still there after the Hawkins-Embree era.

Joining the Pac and the Basketball program, men's and women's, turning around kept him there.

cdyhybrid

Joining the Pac and the Basketball program, men's and women's, turning around kept him there.

The conference change thing makes sense, but basketball wouldn't save the AD here if our football team were performing like Colorado's :p Luckily I think Tyrone taught the school a valuable lesson and they'll never make a mistake like that again.

ChiTownBuffalo

The conference change thing makes sense, but basketball wouldn't save the AD here if our football team were performing like Colorado's :p Luckily I think Tyrone taught the school a valuable lesson and they'll never make a mistake like that again.

Basketball was a big culture change for Boulder, and Tad Boyle broke records his first year, won a Pac-12 championship the next year, and got us past the 1st round of the NCAA tournament this year.

Also, the Regents were pushing for a change in Boulder after the scandals during the Neuheisel and Barnett years. So, they hired Bohn, who was a CU outsider, but a resident of Colorado "native" (He moved there at a year old.) He pushed for Pac membership and outside of football, his coaching hires haven't been bad.

Embree was a result of backlash at shelling out big bucks for a name coach who flopped and giving into alumni pressure who wanted to see a Buff at the reins. I don't really hold Bohn as responsible for that hire as I do Hawkins.

ChiTownBuffalo

Karakand

Basketball was a big culture change for Boulder, and Tad Boyle broke records his first year, won a Pac-12 championship the next year, and got us past the 1st round of the NCAA tournament this year.

Woah now youngling, the Pac-324238908 still hasn't decided if the regular season or conference tournament champions are the actual conference champions.

We do things a little differently out here.

ChiTownBuffalo

Woah now youngling, the Pac-324238908 still hasn't decided if the regular season or conference tournament champions are the actual conference champions.

We do things a little differently out here.

Oh, we learned it from watching Aggie and Husker.

Sorry.

Does that mean you don't get 5 downs when you are in the National Championship hunt?

ChiTownBuffalo

The book is fake. Sadly the strength and conditioning coach who wrote the "foreward" is real.

ChiTownBuffalo

So they think photoshopping up a picture of a book is going to appeal to high school recruits?

But hashtags.

Maybe the book is 140 characters or less.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Are you staying in Montgomery or in Auburn for the game?

ChiTownBuffalo

I am going to be on my best behavior.

ChiTownBuffalo

andycapps

Those charges against Isaiah Crowell have officially been dropped. Atlanta DA dropped the charges apparently. I still don't miss him one bit.

ChiTownBuffalo

I am tempted to order a pizza via XBox.

Wait, I found my dignity. Never mind.

I will use the Internet to order Indian

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

How did Gata lose to Buffalo in swimming? That's odd.

Edit: Ahh...club swimming. Florida has a 2 time Olympian on their club team? Oh, from Iceland.

andycapps

How did Gata lose to Buffalo in swimming? That's odd.

Edit: Ahh...club swimming. Florida has a 2 time Olympian on their club team? Oh, from Iceland.

UGA has 3 time Gold, 1 Silver, and 1 Bronze Allison Schmitt from the London Olympics. Missy Franklin was thinking about going there but she ended up at Cal.

ag-my001 said:
The only real interest I have is seeing who I can laugh at for picking Te'o.

At least he didn't get picked in the first round. But the Bengals, Jets (2nd pick was bad), and Dolphins each made horrible picks. The Dolphins was probably the worst.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Never saw the love in Dion Jordan. Him and that BYU guys looked tiny.

Also, Congrats to the B1G 10, on having one player chosen in the 1st round, in the penultimate spot (and a giant reach), a Center from Wisconsin!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/4/26/4267612/big-ten-nfl-draft-2013-college-conferences

Some little facts:

No. 31 is the lowest first appearance for the Big Ten since the NFL Draft began in 1936.

The Big Ten has now gone five years without a top-10 selection.

Draxal

I hope it's the Jets or Giants for the response on TV.

Domers have a deent fan base in NY. I wouldn't give a shit if it's Teo in the second for the Giants he's no value in the first, but much more palatable in the second. I much much rather have Minter, but he's not going to fall to them.

andycapps

Never saw the love in Dion Jordan. Him and that BYU guys looked tiny.

Agreed, also Jordan had some injury problems and has a torn labrum currently. If I was taking a defensive end that early in the draft and he was still on the board, I'd take Mingo over him any day. Mingo was going against future NFL linemen all the time during his time at LSU, can't say the same for Jordan. Plus, Mingo put up the same stats as Jordan, except Mingo did it in only 3 years (and against much better competition).

I think the BYU guy is going to be good in the NFL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom