• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I don't think Rudolph will play unless he absolutely has to. Walsh will be our starter through the season barring injury or absolutely terrible play.

We have talent throughout the roster, it's just very young in some spots.
Is any of this talent also female? Because you could also use that to distract Jameis. Even better if you can have her pretend to be drunk and confused.

mre

Reporter: Usually when there is a QB competition, the more experience (at quarterback has) usually leads to that guy being named the starter. What has Blake Sims not done in camp to take full reign of being the starter?

Saban: “Well, nothing has really happened in camp. Both guys have played well. I think it’s our responsibility to give both guys an opportunity. That’s how we recruit players to come here, that they’re all going to get a fair opportunity to play. We’re going to choose the best players that give our team the best opportunity to be successful based on how they perform. Both guys have performed well. Blake has performed very, very well. And nobody ever said that he wasn’t going to start the game, so I don’t know why you would make those kind of assumptions.”

Reporter: “It wasn’t an assumption, coach. It was basically saying you haven’t named a starter and typically the more experienced guy going into a season…”

Saban: “That’s all hypothetical. I mean, our situation here is our situation here. I’ve been very up front in how we’re managing it and how we’re handling it, which is best for our team and our players. And that’s all I care about. And I don’t care about ‘typically’ anything. That’s a hypothetical.”

Reporter: “No problem.”
Saban essentially got the reporter to apologize for asking a seemingly innocuous question. :jnc

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I am having trouble focusing at work today! Headed up to Seattle tomorrow for our game against Rutgers and going to the Mariner game on Friday to see Felix pitch. Great sports week!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
not having a NCAA game to quell the football thirst, has made the last few weeks shitty.

That, and general real life chaos.

Limedust

I missed this from last year:

trickett.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why would you do this. Can't you see you're hurting me?

Ditto. School, bah. :/

He doesn't need to come back. He chose a bunch of random people over Bedrock Personalities, like Limedust, StoOge, Threeballz, Bertramnuticus, myself and whichever alt that Dammitttmatt is currently using.

LET HIM EAT CRABLEGS.

Jay Sosa

Hi guys and gals :D

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 3
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 14
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 5
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 1
Penn State vs UCF by 10
West Virginia vs Alabama by 10
California @ Northwestern by 6
Clemson @ Georgia by 12
Fresno State @ USC by 9
Florida State vs Oklahoma State by 3
Wisconsin vs LSU by 10
(MON) Miami @ Louisville by 3

Go gators

Heads up to anyone who wanted the new Nike School Lunar Trainers, they werent suppsoed to go on sale until 3est, but champs website has them up now.

We're so awesome that one of our players got his own shoe:

Did Maurice Clarett ever get his own shoe? I didn't think so.

We're so awesome had the rule be in place back we would have had a player who has is own brand!

lebron-james-ohio-state-locker-room.jpeg

You know what they say about guys with large feet?

They never get to order specialty shoes.

Ive found nike trainers to run big, im usually a 13 but can get a way with a 12 on these. Although I would probably advise hit up a store first to try it out before buying.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 10
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 14
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 3
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 6
Penn State vs UCF by 5
West Virginia vs Alabama by 24
California @ Northwestern by 7
Clemson @ Georgia by 3
Fresno State @ USC by 21
Florida State vs Oklahoma State by 21
Wisconsin vs LSU by 4
(MON) Miami @ Louisville by 6

Conference Champions
ACC: Florida State
Coastal: Miami
Atlantic: Florida State​
B1G: Ohio State
East: Ohio State
West: Nebraska​
Big 12: Oklahoma
American: UCF
Pac 12: Oregon
North: Oregon
South: USC​
SEC: Alabama
East: Georgia
West: Alabama​

Playoff Semis:
1: Ohio State
2: Alabama
3: Florida State
4: Oregon
Finals:
1: Alabama
2: Ohio State
Champion: Alabama

Schmitty

CFB gaf, help me out - my dog just died and I don't know what to do with myself. I haven't eaten a thing all day and can't focus on anything. Anyone have any advice?

sorry to be a downer

mre

CFB gaf, help me out - my dog just died and I don't know what to do with myself. I haven't eaten a thing all day and can't focus on anything. Anyone have any advice?

sorry to be a downer
Jesus, man. Sorry to hear that. First thing I'd suggest doing is eating something, anything, since you haven't eaten all day. After that, I dunno, it depends upon how you deal with grief? You can either sit at home flipping through pictures and reminiscing about your dog or you can go do something to stay busy, like going to a movie.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
There is apparently college football action tonight at 6.

Albeline Christian(Is this a NAIA team) vs Georgia State.

Abilene Christian just moved up to FCS from Division 2 last season. They weren't even in an FCS conference last season (were just FCS independent) but joined the Southland Conference this season.

Schmitty

Jesus, man. Sorry to hear that. First thing I'd suggest doing is eating something, anything, since you haven't eaten all day. After that, I dunno, it depends upon how you deal with grief? You can either sit at home flipping through pictures and reminiscing about your dog or you can go do something to stay busy, like going to a movie.

Thanks mre. Going to pick up the OG comfort food -- Chinese

LosDaddie

Banned
CFBfam, it's been a long time. Shit, it's been a long year. New job and new baby boy. I even worked a part-time job for 6mos to pay off a bathroom remodel and having-a-baby hospital bills. it's been a blur.

Last season was....disappointing because I was too busy to really enjoy it. I'd been waiting for a long time for the kind of season FSU had, and dammit if I didnt have to DVR about half the games. Either that, or I was too tired to go watch the games with friends.

But I'm back, mothefuckers. :) I'll be active in the Pick Em. Can't wait. I'll post my FSU season prediction later, along with a review of my prediction from last year.

johnbone

New guy here, let's give this a shot!

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 21
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 10
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 7
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 3
Penn State vs UCF by 14
West Virginia vs Alabama by 17
California @ Northwestern by 3
Clemson @ Georgia by 14
Fresno State @ USC by 21
Wisconsin vs LSU by 10

Go Gators!

cashman

Banned
New guy here, let's give this a shot!

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 21
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 10
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 7
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 3
Penn State vs UCF by 14
West Virginia vs Alabama by 17
California @ Northwestern by 3
Clemson @ Georgia by 14
Fresno State @ USC by 21
Wisconsin vs LSU by 10

Go Gata!

welcome

pxleyes

Banned

sorry to be a downer

And there's my perspective that my day wasn't all that bad. I'm so sorry for your loss. My pets mean the world to me. I would honestly want to get out of the house if I were you, but as mre said, do what makes you feel comfortable. Movies, video games, beers and food with friends, anything to keep you moving forward.

johnbone

Also, I hope I'm not too late for this Buck:

-ACC:
Coastal: UNC
Atlantic: FSU
-B1G:
East: MSU
West: Wisc
-Big 12: Oklahoma
-American: Houston
-Pac 12:
North: Oregon