• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

C35PP7x.gif

Hey All still dont have the spreadsheet done yet (i suck I know) life/work got in the way. Will get it done this weekend!

Be sure to get all your pics in by tomorrow night for conference champions!!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Hey All still dont have the spreadsheet done yet (i suck I know) life/work got in the way. Will get it done this weekend!

Be sure to get all your pics in by tomorrow night for conference champions!!

By what time tomorrow, buck?

Ganhyun

State: 25k students in the middle of Atlanta, playing in the Georgia Dome.

Southern: 18k students in Statesboro.

Not surprising that State outdrew Southern.

I do wonder why it's called Georgia Southern when it's in the Northern part of the state...

Statesboro (I used to live there) is less than an hour from Savannah. Its definitely not in the northern part of the state.

Also, the attendance for Southern is skewed as the stadium is incredibly small. They are working on expanding it now.

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 8
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 7
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 7
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 9
Penn State vs UCF by 8
West Virginia vs Alabama by 14
California @ Northwestern by 10
Clemson @ Georgia by 7
Fresno State @ USC by 7
Florida State vs Oklahoma State by 14
Wisconsin vs LSU by 6
(MON) Miami @ Louisville by 4

mre

Statesboro (I used to live there) is less than an hour from Savannah. Its definitely not in the northern part of the state.

Also, the attendance for Southern is skewed as the stadium is incredibly small. They are working on expanding it now.
Actually looked at a map. You are correct.

bachikarn

I never got why penalties of different yardage would offset. Like in this Georgia Southern game, one team had an illegal formation and the other had a roughing the punter. Why does a 5 yard penalty cancel out a 15 yard penalty?

I never got why penalties of different yardage would offset. Like in this Georgia Southern game, one team had an illegal formation and the other had a roughing the punter. Why does a 5 yard penalty cancel out a 15 yard penalty?

First they need to fix how a roughing the passer (or similar penalty) reverses a turnover.

mre

So apparently this was GA Southern's first win since beating Florida last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom