• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbone

Jags_fan.gif

:p Welcome

Go Gata

Either I'm a genius, or I'm a fucking idiot. lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Either I'm a genius, or I'm a fucking idiot. lol

Really, it's just the jag's avatar, I had to do it. Most of your picks are close to mine, except for you doubting the supreme power of the UCF Citronauts, truly a power conference unto itself.

I actually chose PennState

New guy here, let's give this a shot!

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 21
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 10
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 7
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 3
Penn State vs UCF by 14
West Virginia vs Alabama by 17
California @ Northwestern by 3
Clemson @ Georgia by 14
Fresno State @ USC by 21
Florida State vs Oklahoma State by 21
Wisconsin vs LSU by 10
(MON) Miami @ Louisville by 3

Go Gators!

good first up picks IMO.

johnbone

Really, it's just the jag's avatar, I had to do it. Most of your picks are close to mine, except for you doubting the supreme power of the UCF Citronauts, truly a power conference unto itself.

I actually chose PennState

Haha yeah, I feel like the Jags robbed UCF of most of their talent this offseason.

Draxal

Haha yeah, I feel like the Jags robbed UCF of most of their talent this offseason.

Iunno,

UCF's entire dline is back this year and PSU's oline has only one starter coming back this year. Really think Hackenberg is just going to get destroyed this year.

Iunno,

UCF's entire dline is back this year and PSU's oline has only one starter coming back this year. Really think Hackenberg is just going to get destroyed this year.
Defensively, we will be nasty I think. Only a couple losses from last year. Offensively, I am confident about the running game and we do have depth at the OLine. Our starting QB is good. Just obviously not any game experience at this point. So it will be interesting.

We had 7 total seniors last year plus the two losses in Bortles and Storm.

The Georgia State game will be enough to tide me over until Saturday, even if I'm not too sure we'll do well.

Can't feel good about Clemson's chances this season after losing so many good players at once, but what can you do.

johnbone

Iunno,

I was half-kidding, but yeah, UCF's defense should dominate the American this year! (Though I picked Houston to win it)

Just heard from an unreliable source that Nussmeier wants Morris and Hoke is playing the senior loyalty card sticking with Gardner. Yikes. I'm quickly falling back into "Michigan is gonna blow again" territory, down from "they're gonna be fine" territory. :/

Draxal

Just heard from an unreliable source that Nussmeier wants Morris and Hoke is playing the senior loyalty card sticking with Gardner. Yikes. I'm quickly falling back into "Michigan is gonna blow again" territory, down from "they're gonna be fine" territory. :/

Despite picking UM in my pool, I think you guys are in for bad year, because you guys are getting Hoked.

Despite picking UM in my pool, I think you guys are in for bad year, because you guys are getting Hoked.

9-4 or bust for me. 8-5 (or God forbid worse) I want Hoke gone. At least this time around it seems like the next guy will be inheriting a halfway decent cupboard.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Breaking:
On Wednesday Alabama head coach Nick Saban said that redshirt senior linebacker Trey DePriest will miss Saturday's game against West Virginia due to what he termed as a 'minor NCAA infraction.' Saban would add that he expects DePriest to only miss one game with the suspension.
Change your picks accordingly.

AntoneM

Speaking of, is former Georgia Southern coach Erk Russel in the college hall of fame. I mean he only took a program that didn't exist in 1981 to back to back championships in 85 and 86 and was the first ever 15-0 team (Playoffs) in 89

andycapps

I thought the program started with pretty good support. Guess that went away. Or was that Georgia Southern?

Southern. State has only had a football team for 5 years and this is their second year in FBS.

Speaking of, is former Georgia Southern coach Erk Russel in the college hall of fame. I mean he only took a program that didn't exist in 1981 to back to back championships in 85 and 86 and was the first ever 15-0 team (Playoffs) in 89
He did great work there. Erk was also the best defensive coordinator we ever had.

He's not in the CFB Hall of Fame, but he definitely should be.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Given the USC kid is a good kid, he might be given some slack. Unless this is some kind of armed robbery thing.

Ace 8095

wbsmcs

Screw it...Going to join the pick 'em this year

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 13
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 7
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 15
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 11
Penn State vs UCF by 21
West Virginia vs Alabama by 35
California @ Northwestern by 14
Clemson @ Georgia by 21
Fresno State @ USC by 24