• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 11 - "They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom"

so no pac-12 in CFP.

haha, not that unhappy about that given the amount they have shafted me this year in betting.

Fuck you Stanford, when USC doesn't lose me money, you do!

El_Chino

whoa, Utah is also down 10?

Pac 12 could be completely gone after this week

oh and two SEC teams in the playoff is also dead

This was a thing?

Was about to say Florida, but then remembered someone's got to lose in Atlanta.

tumblr_m7zsj1rdBL1rsy50k.gif

Florida (Win the SEC and theyre in)
Iowa (undefeated Big-10 champ)
Notre Dame (well just because)
Oklahoma St (if UNC defeat Clemson in ACC final and OkST win out).

Not sure if I can get excited about that.

Was about to say Florida, but then remembered someone's got to lose in Atlanta.

Who knows, there is still so much football to be played, including conference championships, and to be honest, aside from Bama, I don't see anyone being that impressive and/or a lock for the playoffs.

Florida (Win the SEC and theyre in)
Iowa (undefeated Big-10 champ)
Notre Dame (well just because)
Oklahoma St (if UNC defeat Clemson in ACC final and OkST win out).

Not sure if I can get excited about that.

Florida/Alabama - agreed (no way the SEC champ is out)
Iowa - no way, this will either be Michigan State or Ohio State. Iowa is the shittiest of the undefeated teams.
Notre Dame - quite possibly, but they have to win out; they don't control their destiny, IMO. A division champion could overtake them
Ok St / Clemson - agreed

Memphis-Houston was an outstanding game

Houston still undefeated. The AAC has been a thrilling conference this year.

Definitely some good games this year. It's like the league grew up a little. We'll see if it continues, though. Memphis, Houston, and Temple all might be looking for new coaches by bowl season.

But hell, USF is going bowling. UCF will be back. Navy will be solid. Looking up a bit if we're all going to be here longer term.

Who knows, there is still so much football to be played, including conference championships, and to be honest, aside from Bama, I don't see anyone being that impressive and/or a lock for the playoffs.

I see ND as more of a lock than Bama because they have one less game (no championship game) and the Iron bowl is a 50-50 game too.

Definitely some good games this year. It's like the league grew up a little. We'll see if it continues, though. Memphis, Houston, and Temple all might be looking for new coaches by bowl season.

But hell, USF is going bowling. UCF will be back. Navy will be solid. Looking up a bit if we're all going to be here longer term.

Yeah, the poaching of coaches from the AAC is gonna suck but its part of the game. It'd be weird for Hermann to leave after one season at Houston. Rhule and Fuente are fair game.

The bottom of the conference needs to get better but it will- I can't imagine UCF will be this bad again and SMU will only get better. Tulsa is having a much better year with another rising star in coaching (Montgomery). One day UConn will field a competent offense I'm sure.

Overall, the season has been huge for the AAC- the gap between the AAC and the rest of the Group of 5 conferences is massive. You can make a case for Temple/Navy/Memphis/Houston or even USF to take the AAC crown this year.

I pretty much like every team in the AAC comp. Its like a conference made up of everyone's second team.

Id like to see Navy become good. Love my option teams.

I see ND as more of a lock than Bama because they have one less game (no championship game) and the Iron bowl is a 50-50 game too.

Stanford will be playing ND hard and the odds of ND winning against Stanford are much lower than Bama against a crap Auburn team.

ND not playing a championship game will go against them (obviously, Bama would need to win their championship game).

HeySeuss

You're high. TCU not having a chance to play in a title game was essentially what kept them out of the playoffs last year. One less game could hurt them.

[
Iowa isn't winning the B1G championship. Quote me.

B1G just needs to hope that OSU wins out.

Stanford will be playing ND hard and the odds of ND winning against Stanford are much lower than Bama against a crap Auburn team.

ND not playing a championship game will go against them (obviously, Bama would need to win their championship game).

stranger things have happened this season...

Those four teams I wrote down was more like what could plausibly happen given there are only two matches left and championship games.

I personally think this is more likely:

Ohio St (wins B1G)
Bama (wins SEC)
ND
Clemson (wins ACC)

Pac-12 and Big-12 miss out.

Top Bottom