• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 11 - "They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom"

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
You're high. TCU not having a chance to play in a title game was essentially what kept them out of the playoffs last year. One less game could hurt them.

Notre Dame is a strong candidate for the largest fan following of any team in the country. TCU isn't even a top 3 fanbase in their own hometown.

ND can get in with a resume that would keep the vast majority of other teams out.

You're high. TCU not having a chance to play in a title game was essentially what kept them out of the playoffs last year. One less game could hurt them.

If there is any chance for the committee to put ND in the playoffs, they will.

ND is much more of a fan favourite than TCU and Baylor.

HeySeuss

Notre Dame is a strong candidate for the largest fan following of any team in the country. TCU isn't even a top 3 fanbase in their own hometown.

ND can get in with a resume that would keep the vast majority of other teams out.

That wasn't his reasoning though. I agree that a bubble ND is an attractive pick for the playoffs because of their fanbase. I'm not saying they won't get in, because if they win out they should be.

That wasn't his reasoning though. I agree that a bubble ND is an attractive pick for the playoffs because of their fanbase. I'm not saying they won't get in, because if they win out they should be.

I wrote "just because" because everyone knows why they can be ranked higher than any other school with a similar record, or even better, than their own - just because of their fan base.

And I think they are more of a lock than Bama IMO, because they have to do less, to keep their ranking in the top 4 than 'Bama. ND wont be getting de-ranked like TCU and Baylor was because they don't play a championship game.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at Baylor getting busted for the fake injury and then Herbstreit going off on them.
This Baylor-OU game has been insanely chippy. Refs have let things go way too much

All Baylor games are chippy because of all the trash they talk.

Games in which they're losing get extra chippy because they're so used to backing up the trash talk that they don't really know how to handle it when they aren't.

I don't necessarily have a huge issue with faking an injury to stop a high speed offense.. It sucks, but I put it in the same realm of hack-a-Shaq in Basketball. It's bullshit and isn't necessary, but isn't going anywhere.

However, that was blatant by Baylor and really shitty.

ole Jim Ross back there

That man needs to call every sport. I would watch anything he'd call. He is a god.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
GIF of the injury faking -

6DjMWUa.gif

Also found this gif of a Baylor player taking notes on some hard hitting material from a commercial earlier while looking for the above one-

giphy.gif

::edit::
Let's not forget this gif from a year or two ago when the actual injury on the field didn't fit into Briles' plans so well -

jEPSVFt.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
And there goes the Big 12's chance to make it in the playoffs

If Oklahoma or Oklahoma State win out, they're in. Oklahoma has the name recognition to make up for their loss, and Oklahoma State would be undefeated.

Baylor is 100% out if they lose, though. Even TCU, who has no chance, has a better chance than a 1 loss Baylor due to Baylor's OOC schedule.

::edit::
Eh, maybe not Oklahoma the more I think about it. Would need some help with both 1-loss Alabama and 1-loss Notre Dame ahead of them right now. Maybe Florida, too, as though I think OU's regular stretch schedule is enough for them to jump Gata, Gata still being 1 loss at the end of the season would likely mean a win over Alabama in the CCG.

squicken

Okie State has too many close wins vs bad teams to think they can survive their last two games. But they get in if they win out. Big12 can't be screwed 2 years in a row

If OU has one loss it will be interesting. The advanced stats and computer rankings love them

giphy.gif

It's like they are trying to pretend to be a blue-blooded program and just fuck it up constantly.

Okie State has too many close wins vs bad teams to think they can survive their last two games. But they get in if they win out. Big12 can't be screwed 2 years in a row

If OU has one loss it will be interesting. The advanced stats and computer rankings love them

They can, but I think that one of the two will get in somehow. If ND loses, one of them will be in.

I forgot how obnoxious Oklahoma's fight song is.

It just repeats and that's annoying

Josh5890

I think it's either Alabama or Florida from the SEC. Clemson is in barring a loss which I doubt it). Ohio State has close games but they should be fine. That Notre Dame Stanford game is a play in.

The Big 12 has a "shot" but they need a team to stand out big these last few weeks. Not playing December 5th will hurt them.

El_Chino

giphy.gif

It's like they are trying to pretend to be a blue-blooded program and just fuck it up constantly.

They can, but I think that one of the two will get in somehow. If ND loses, one of them will be in.

It just repeats and that's annoying
It's almost if the cameraman purposely showed the monitor to be like "You're not writing down any notes."
I forgot how obnoxious Oklahoma's fight song is.

NOTHING is worse than FSU's constant war chant.

Kusagari

I don't see how Oklahoma gets in over Notre Dame if both win out.

Big 12 either has to rely on Okie State or hope Stanford can beat Notre Dame.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
WIN *looks at screen*
DOW *looks at screen*
S IS *looks at screen*
SHUTT *looks at screen* *screen is blank*

A-

Top Bottom