• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they were 3-1 at the time. I'd still rank a KSU win over a Temple win.

You're out of your mind. Who cares what they were at the time? The Big XII would have some reasonable way to combat the "conference is garbage" claims if they didn't schedule the worst OOC opponents of all the major conferences.

Well they were 3-1 at the time. I'd still rank a KSU win over a Temple win.

Kansas State was 3-0 when they played Gondo State.

Those 3 wins were over: South Dakota, Texas-San Antonio, and Louisiana Tech. And now Kansas State sits at 3-6.

This is not the resume of a quality opponent.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's going to be hilarious when inevitably the committee tries to justify Notre Dame getting in over a Big 12 team because the Big 12 doesn't play a championship game.

I'd put a 2 loss Stanford in over a 1 loss Baylor, TCU or Okie State.

WOW. Guess those Miami rumors were true

e: Charlie Strong resigned

wait wat

you mean carrying him off the field on shoulders didn't help keep the Strong Man?

squicken

I'd put a 2 loss Stanford in over a 1 loss Baylor, TCU or Okie State.

wait wat

you mean carrying him off the field on shoulders didn't help keep the Strong Man?

sorry. I edited. Some writer got fooled by a fake account and RTd it. Live and learn :(

It is kind of weird for me to see them talk about getting rid of Les. Tons of schools would love to have him right now.

He's definitely B-tier at this point though. That NC of his was a) a long time ago now; b) arguably a product of riding Saban's coattails; c) a fucking 2-loss team anyway; and d) if any non-SEC school had been SHUT THE FUCK OUT in a national title game it would have been LOOLOLOLOLOL all day. Fuck LSU. I look forward to them falling off a cliff.

Oklahoma St.

Two quality wins (KSU, TCU) over ND's one (USC)

Put the crack pipe down bro.

Jhriad

Since the Big 12 is the best Iowa State will ever do, I'd certainly hope you're okay with it.

Really liked these last year. The 2015 versions have been pretty bad though.

We already a had a "lucky" coach in the last guy. I'd rather have a good coach.

Yeah this years posters have not been great

cashman

Banned
Some rumors floating that something may have happened to Zeke this week, but nothing really solid as of yet

Urbz will find a way to sweep it under the rug.

Malik has been battling some stomach virus for a while now. Kind of suspicious that this has gone on for a month. Hope it's not something bad.

Draxal

Oh, shit. Flood is getting another year then?

He was going to get fired for cause earlier this year, he lawyered up and we brought NCAA investigators and a firm specializing in NCAA compliance and are going to drop the hammer on him,

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
He was going to get fired for cause earlier this year, he lawyered up and we brought NCAA investigators and a firm specializing in NCAA compliance and are going to drop the hammer on him,
Wouldn't this be "good" news?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So Brown didn't offer Andrew Luck, either? How does one person fuck up their job so thoroughly? Edit: I guess I could have read the article instead of googling Stratford High quarterbacks...
Well, bringing in NCAA investigators and a firm that specialized in compliance isn't usually a good thing.
I'm focusing on getting rid of Flood. Quit being a "glass half empty" sort of guy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So Brown didn't offer Andrew Luck, either? How does one person fuck up their job so thoroughly?
Also of note is that Texas didn't take a QB at all in that 2008 class, so it's not like they already had another guy committed over him.

They did pick up a 5-star in the 2009 class, though, that was rated even more highly than Andrew Luck was coming out of high school: Garrett Gilbert.

Oy18qQY.jpg

I am now very afraid of Purdue and their new unis.

Well, bringing in NCAA investigators and a firm that specialized in compliance isn't usually a good thing.

It is a good thing if he want Elmer Flood out from being your head coach.

The man ruined everything Greg built in a decade in about 2 1/2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom