• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Apparently our stadium's going to have increased security thanks to the Paris attacks. This the case for anyone else?

This is fucking disgusting. We'd stand a better chance firing everyone and jettisoning players death penalty style and just starting over. Any coach coming in has to be excited over the blank canvas.

It's amazing what a quarterback and a couple of pro players can do.

The story is more that it's amazing how much fucking up recruiting can fuck a program in the short term.

I have no doubts we'll be back quickly. But the mentality of let's recruit upstate NY instead of Florida and especially south Florida clearly wasn't a smart one. Had a great opportunity to build on the accomplishments really starting in 2009, but something got fucked. One of the major factors was losing our main Miami recruiter due to firing over NCAA issues. Guy should have followed O'Leary rather than lie and follow of shitbag former athletic director. UCF admin should have had a plan to replace his recruiting prowess.

cashman

Banned
I'm not sure if that's enough to keep him in Houston, especially with all the openings out there.

He'll probably stay another year to see if the Texas job comes open. He's getting paid 3 million, he's 40 years old and he's only been at Houston one year. He's got nothing to lose by staying one more year.

Rosen has gone 188 pass attempts in a row without an INT and UTAH is an INT machine. What you think the over/under on throwing INT's should be?

The Flop

Banned
Who was one of those losses to?

Oop, this tea.

mlXa0.gif

I've heard those ugly rumors that Draxal has been spewing.

Let me be clear.

They are just rumors. Nothing he says is truth. Kyle Flood is safe. He won't be going to LSU.

That's the rumor that really has me worried.

petey - Acknowledge that Kyle Flood is your lord and savior and I will forgive you.

Draxal

So Bama fans ... look at who Cristobal is following ... I think you won't have to worry about him for the next year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So Bama fans ... look at who Cristobal is following ... I think you won't have to worry about him for the next year.

Not to say he won't leave, but he's had those for awhile, as he's been the state of Florida recruiting guy, makes sense to follow the recruits.

Nialrot

Hopefully not UCF.

This can't be said enough.

I like the Danny White hire and look forward to getting someone who can recruit Florida for god sake.

Btw that game yesterday was embarrassing. Player interviews after the game pretty much summed up the mentality of the team - "Quitters".

Draxal

Hopefully not UCF.

https://twitter.com/LukeStampini
Prepping for a return to the Sunshine State? Mario Cristobal recently followed 35+ Miami, Florida & Florida State commitments on Twitter.

He followed every UF Recruit and every Rutgers recruit.

Not to say he won't leave, but he's had those for awhile, as he's been the state of Florida recruiting guy, makes sense to follow the recruits.

I don't think you're desperate enough to be poaching our recruits, it's all about keeping in contact for head coaching opportunities here.

This can't be said enough.

I like the Danny White hire and look forward to getting someone who can recruit Florida for god sake.

Btw that game yesterday was embarrassing. Player interviews after the game pretty much summed up the mentality of the team - "Quitters".
Yeah I wasn't sure on him, but he's saying all of the right things. So I'm getting more excited about him. We need the coach ASAP. Seems like Chizik is a top candidate. Not srue how I feel about that. But at least he'd be able to recruit and he does have ties to UCF - which is somewhat helpful I guess. If we can bring in a good OC with him, then I'd be satisfied. Guess it'll depend on how much money they are throwing around.

https://twitter.com/LukeStampini
Prepping for a return to the Sunshine State? Mario Cristobal recently followed 35+ Miami, Florida & Florida State commitments on Twitter.

And he followed 11 Rutgers recruits today and vice versa..
Oh then no worries. We don't recruit Florida, so all good there!

So Texas flipped a Georgia commit yesterday. I guess he was concerned about Richt's future at Georgia. Charlie Strong has the vote of confidence form teh interem AD so its a much less fluid situation

Nialrot

Well if you're complaining about recruiting ... he was Rivals Recruiter of the year for 2015.

For Alabama..........................................................................

I could recruit for Bama sitting on my couch in a snuggie with a laptop.

=)

Whiteout treatment for the Wolverines this week. Michigan-GAF feel any excitement?

PSU should wear their all-whites during whiteouts to complete the effect.

A bit nervous about whether the shitshow the D put on last week against IU was the beginnings of a trend or a product of not being able to get up for Indiana. (Back when NCAA Football was a thing, I never wanted to play Indiana either tbh; always just went through the motions.)

Overall, pedo bullshit aside, always fun to play a traditional power/borderline rival. Yes excited.

Go Blue.

PSU should wear their all-whites during whiteouts to complete the effect.

A bit nervous about whether the shitshow the D put on last week against IU was the beginnings of a trend or a product of not being able to get up for Indiana. (Back when NCAA Football was a thing, I never wanted to play Indiana either tbh; always just went through the motions.)

Overall, pedo bullshit aside, always fun to play a traditional power/borderline rival. Yes excited.

Go Blue.

Defense vs Indiana had a lot to do with Michigan in ability to cover a mobile qb. All year they've struggled against them, so they should be fine vs psu

Gobias

Banned
Fucking Game Day crew trucks and vans parked in the parking lot I park in and blocking everything up. Someone just put a van basically right in the middle of an intersection.

cashman

Banned

Long article explaining why Charlie Strong won't be fired.

Money quote:

Two sources close to the situation told HornsDigest.com UT president Greg Fenves and interim athletic director Mike Perrin are unequivocal in their support of Charlie Strong coming back in 2016 - even if Texas loses its final two games against Texas Tech and Baylor - because they believe in Strong and feel he didn't receive the support he needed during his first 20 months at Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom