• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hell of a time to sleep in till mid afternoon (felt like shiiiiiit yesterday with headache/migraines).

RIP "Has Lost Control" memes.

Maybe this is how the SEC/NCAA gets rid of Saban, by having most of his coaching staff get hired on as head coaches elsewhere. Already assuming that Cristobal, Smart and Kiffin go elsewhere, who else will go. Who's to say Saban wants to go through that many hiring's and training.

Draxal

Hell of a time to sleep in till mid afternoon (felt like shiiiiiit yesterday with headache/migraines).

RIP "Has Lost Control" memes.

Maybe this is how the SEC/NCAA gets rid of Saban, by having most of his coaching staff get hired on as head coaches elsewhere. Already assuming that Cristobal, Smart and Kiffin go elsewhere, who else will go. Who's to say Saban wants to go through that many hiring's and training.

3 coaches gone today (London/UVa, Flood/RU, Richt/UGA, with one being filled campbell-Iowa State).

Durkin-Maryland is heavily rumored atm.

Lonestar

Which is absurd, because there's only one Alabama and one Dark Lord.

Welcome to the carousel Georgia. You better get a hell of a hire or else Tennessee is your future.

I guarantee, no matter the hire, I foresee the second coming of Ray Goff. Karma has to eat you alive for letting go coaches with those kinds of records.

Lonestar

Damn, Alabama opens up at a 17 point favorite in Atlanta. I didn't watch FSU/Florida, but seeing only 2 points for Florida, kind of tells me they are still a horror show on offense.

Damn, Alabama opens up at a 17 point favorite in Atlanta. I didn't watch FSU/Florida, but seeing only 2 points for Florida, kind of tells me they are still a horror show on offense.

It was painful to watch. I'm actually not sure how they didn't drop further in the polls after that shitshow. Guess they didn't watch the game?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It was painful to watch. I'm actually not sure how they didn't drop further in the polls after that shitshow. Guess they didn't watch the game?

An Ole Miss team that Florida dismantled completely and has 3 losses is 2 spots ahead. Once you get into the teens, rankings are a crapshoot.

Lonestar

laughing that the elder statesmen of the SEC East coaches, are now Butch Jones and Mark Stoops, at 3 years of service. I almost imagine Stoops will be gone shortly, after the botching of that Louisville game.

Miles is the longest tenured in the SEC (surviving only because of not wanting to appear "mean" in firing Les, not for actual football reasons), followed by Saban and then Mullen.

Mr. "5 years only", so very close to being the old man of the SEC.... :D

Wow...Mark Richt is now gone....well looks like a lot fellow Georgia fans got their wish....

Still not sure how to feel about this.

I'm a Georgia alum and I am VERY happy. I like Richt a lot, but it was time for a change. He was never going to win big again. 10 years without a conference is more than most coaches at a school like UGA would get.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
laughing that the elder statesmen of the SEC East coaches, are now Butch Jones and Mark Stoops, at 3 years of service. I almost imagine Stoops will be gone shortly, after the botching of that Louisville game.

Miles is the longest tenured in the SEC (surviving only because of not wanting to appear "mean" in firing Les, not for actual football reasons), followed by Saban and then Mullen.

Mr. "5 years only", so very close to being the old man of the SEC.... :D

Towles is transferring too. Stoops' days certainly seem numbered.

andycapps

Between Georgia and the clusterfuck that was LSU, I have to wonder what's in the SEC water.
Championships at Florida, Bama, and LSU happened. UGA is in a great recruiting state and has pulled great classes but never gotten a championship. The powers be didn't think he could them that after 14 years.

Sarye

Yes and no, I don't think Schiano has a high ceiling but he the floor is much higher than under Flood.

I'd take anyone over flood. He was just that bad. But I have hopes that Schiano learned from his mistakes and is better because of it. I'm more excited about the uptick in recruiting if he does come.

Looking at any of the other realistic coaching options I just don't see anyone else reasonable.

Draxal

I'd take anyone over flood. He was just that bad. But I have hopes that Schiano learned from his mistakes and is better because of it. I'm more excited about the uptick in recruiting if he does come.

Looking at any of the other realistic coaching options I just don't see anyone else reasonable.

I really like Babers.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Seeing predictions of Notre Dame, TCU and Iowa for our Bowl game.

Notre Dame is kind of crappy since we will be playing them already on a semi-regular basis.

TCU and Iowa are interesting. We have never played Iowa and havent played TCU since the 60s.

Auteezy

Banned
USC and Tennessee under Kiffin were not particularly fun to watch.

Bubble Screen galore, at least watching marqise lee break them off for 70 yards was amazing.

Lane Kiffin is probably the single worst offensive playcaller that people would know of. And he's only a household name because his wife is hot, and somehow he got these high profile coaching gigs off being publicly fired from the Raiders.

Kiffin basically ruined Barkleys pro career convincing him to return for a senior season and destroying his draft stock. 2012 stings so much :( So much drinking after losses...

Who was going to be walking through that door to replace him? As long as Saban is in your division, you have no shot anyway.

Jimbo probably said go pound sand - because that's about the only candidate currently in CFB that would be remotely worthy. Unless you were hoping for Kelly to become available out of Philly.

I was a Chip Kelly guy yeah.

So you wanted to replace a guy who has

1)won you a national championship and taken you to another

2) has lost only 32 games at LSU.

3) currently has the number 2 recruiting class in the country

With who exactly?

He won a championship with a lot of Saban guys. He's gotten consistently worse in the SEC, and he's had great recruiting classes the entire time he's been here with very little to show for it. He won't change the offense, which is the only way to make LSU competitive in a national sense again, and that requires getting rid of him.

Oh well. If we let Cameron go it's a start but if he stays fuck everything.

USC and Tennessee under Kiffin were not particularly fun to watch.

Bubble Screen galore, at least watching marqise lee break them off for 70 yards was amazing.

Lane Kiffin is probably the single worst offensive playcaller that people would know of. And he's only a household name because his wife is hot, and somehow he got these high profile coaching gigs off being publicly fired from the Raiders.

Kiffin basically ruined Barkleys pro career convincing him to return for a senior season and destroying his draft stock. 2012 stings so much :( So much drinking after losses...

I'm of the opinion that coaches can improve, I think he has a lot at Alabama.

andycapps

All those Tom Herman rumors to UGA are coming from somebody on Twitter known as UGAInsider. Don't think they're in the know, or an insider, from reading their post history. So I'd take those with a huge grain of salt for now.

@AaronSuttles: Saban on Mark Richt's firing: I don't know what the world's coming to in our profession.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
He won a championship with a lot of Saban guys. He's gotten consistently worse in the SEC, and he's had great recruiting classes the entire time he's been here with very little to show for it. He won't change the offense, which is the only way to make LSU competitive in a national sense again, and that requires getting rid of him.

Oh well. If we let Cameron go it's a start but if he stays fuck everything.

Cameron's contract expires this spring. I would think they don't resign him. Not like it matters, it's the same shit under every OC Miles has had, basically.

ryseing

Man if Kiffkins went to The U, I reckon I would start to support them. They'd be a fun team to watch.

I want it to happen solely for the comedy of Joey Freshwater and Miami nightlife.

Championships at Florida, Bama, and LSU happened. UGA is in a great recruiting state and has pulled great classes but never gotten a championship. The powers be didn't think he could them that after 14 years.

I understand not wanting to get sucked into mediocrity and aiming for something greater. That being said, this was not the offseason to fire your successful coach, especially when the class he has coming next year might be one of the best he's ever pulled off.

Should have gotten one more year.

andycapps

I want it to happen solely for the comedy of Joey Freshwater and Miami nightlife.

I understand not wanting to get sucked into mediocrity and aiming for something greater. That being said, this was not the offseason to fire your successful coach, especially when the class he has coming next year might be one of the best he's ever pulled off.

Should have gotten one more year.
I don't disagree with you. I'm guessing they have a verbal agreement from someone to coach there and are waiting until after bowl announcements, or until Bama pounds Florida into the turf Saturday.

Top Bottom