• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

So apparently in the same play with the terrible offsides call, UNC should've also been called for targeting.

LMAO guess we can put that one to rest

edit: huh I guess Oklahoma State does get priority for some reason?
Sp in the end, it was just ACC refs being twice as incomptetent than biased.

inm8num2

https://twitter.com/chengelis/status/673602802539610113

OOPS: Alabama's Derrick Henry during ESPN interview said Michigan instead of Michigan State......

SP0I8p5.png

Whoa, I had the exact opposite reaction. I figured MSU had a great shot at Clemson, while Bama will be much tougher. I expect Oklahoma to fold immediately for Clemson.

By almost every conceivable advanced metric OU is a vastly better team than MSU.

Edit: Looks like USC vs Wisconsin in the Holiday Bowl. Kind of shocked, I thought WSU might get this one since they haven't been in longer.

Wazzu to the Sun Bowl.

Utah vs BYU in the Vegas Bowl.

Quick Lane Bowl: Central Michigan vs. 5-7 Minnesota

UW vs Southern Miss in the Heart of Dallas Bowl

Arizona vs New Mexico in the New Mexico bowl

Armed Forces Bowl: Air Force vs Cal

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch. Fournette will go for 300

Probably. We're used to that, though. Not any more worried about what their offense will do to us than what, say, Texas or Arkansas did to us. Fournette doesn't have the added dimensions backing him up like our games against OU's Perine or Baylor's Linwood did.

Expect them to score 40+, don't get me wrong, but hopefully we can manage a few stops and keep our offense on track enough to get the win.

andycapps

Kirby Smart has already visited Ben Cleveland and will be flying out to visit Eason tomorrow after press conference. Already made a bunch of calls to recruits, assuming more in home visits happening tonight as well. He's sure coming in with a lot of energy.

Not sure what to think of the UH/FSU matchup. Just seems weird at first glance. Have they ever played each other? Maybe in Houston's SWC days?

Anyway, GO COOGS. AAC AAC AAC

BYU vs. Utah

Holy War in Vegas!

This is going to be the one and only time I root for the BYU Cougars.

Win your last game Bronco...then come East. The Hoos need you.

God...San Jose State didn't even make a bowl game. So sad for those young men.

Nice, Iowa to the Rose Bowl! Really deserving for them.

Ohio State better keep the Domer bowl futility streak alive. They haven't won a January bowl game since '94.

clav

Let's cap this year off with a bowl game against a team we've already played a couple times in the past few years. Meh.

You'd rather stay at home?

Weird.

Northwestern fans are complaining where was this situation last year and the year before that.

Gragen

After Texas I completely wrote off OU. But every game since they have rolled except the TCU game. Im sure Clemson is smart enough to not expect a repeat from last year. OU is a completely different team this go around.

People only like to consider Baker Mayfield when OU's run game can devistate a defense.

Jhriad

You'd rather stay at home?

Weird.

Northwestern fans are complaining where was this situation last year and the year before that.

Tbh, I would have been okay with them declining the bowl bid, getting those players that aren't putting on the effort out of the program, and moving forward from there.

Chris R

The Alamo Bowl is pretty fun, so I'll go if flights aren't shitty. I really like San Antonio anyway.

The best part of visiting this time of the year is that none of the regular touristy places are packed since everyone is inside freezing because it's 65 F outside.

Riverwalk with just the sounds of nature was so damn nice.

Sucks I'll miss most of the playoff games since I'll be flying/on vacation in Denver for some NHL/NFL action, but I'll be back home for the Championship game. Just hope they are good games since I'll be DVRing them.

Draconian

I really don't get why the playoff games are on New Year's Eve. Last year's schedule was awesome. Why wouldn't you want these games on New Year's Day? It's not like it's a Sunday or anything.

Top Bottom