• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

ag-my001

BYU vs. Utah

Holy War in Vegas!

This is going to be the one and only time I root for the BYU Cougars.

Win your last game Bronco...then come East. The Hoos need you.

God...San Jose State didn't even make a bowl game. So sad for those young men.

???

SB Nation has them playing Georgia State in the "Cure Bowl".

He hired a DC who won't be here full time for over a month.

BUST

You need to stop being on the hater train petey.

You just find a little thing and POKE POKE POKE!

Here is how I see it, in my 100% correct opinion:

This is going to be fantastic free PR for Chris Ash. Recruits will watch his defense shut down Notre Dame and decommit in droves to come play for Rutgers. It's no concern that Chris Ash won't be hitting the ground hard right away at Rutgers. He needs to do right by Ohio State.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Petition_4Mobile_2.gif

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Won't get to see the FSU bowl game because it is in the middle of the day on a Thursday. Big bummer.

And will also miss the first playoff game for the same reason. Boo on that.

Houston isn't exactly the most exciting matchup for us with fairly little to gain with a win, but still, I hate missing big FSU games.

andycapps

Bunch of USC coaches just got fired.

Smart tried to get Dan Enos from Arky as OC but has a no-compete clause unless it's a HC position.

The GoDaddy.com bowl in Mobile Alabama is almost 4 weeks earlier than it was last year. It was usually a filler game just before the national championship game but now as a result there is No CFB between Jan 2nd and Jan. 11

edit: And since when did Tostitos lose the sponsorship with the Fiesta Bowl? What the hell is the BattleFrog Fiesta bowl?

The GoDaddy.com bowl in Mobile Alabama is almost 4 weeks earlier than it was last year. It was usually a filler game just before the national championship game but now as a result there is No CFB between Jan 2nd and Jan. 11

edit: And since when did Tostitos lose the sponsorship with the Fiesta Bowl? What the hell is the BattleFrog Fiesta bowl?

I think sometime after the UCF/Baylor game. For the longest there was not a sponsor and it was just Fiesta Bowl. Guess they found one recently? Although all graphic logos/branding are just Fiesta Bowl with the traditional sun logo or whatever - maybe they're not a title sponsor? IDK but I have no clue what a BattleFrog is. Maybe TCU bought the presenting rights.

Edit: Battlefrog is one of those trendy obstacle race companies. How the hell would that have that much money to blow on a sponsorship for a bowl like that?

Sarye

He hired a DC who won't be here full time for over a month.

BUST

If true it's kinda weird given that OSU is our opponent so he's essentially helping the enemy.

But on the other hand, he hasn't been officially announced by the university so I'll reserve all judgement until I hear it from the horses mouth. Don't really know the circumstances and I'd like to remain optimistic.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

So now it's not for all the Tostitos? What the hell are they even playing for then?

I think sometime after the UCF/Baylor game. For the longest there was not a sponsor and it was just Fiesta Bowl. Guess they found one recently? Although all graphic logos/branding are just Fiesta Bowl with the traditional sun logo or whatever - maybe they're not a title sponsor? IDK but I have no clue what a BattleFrog is. Maybe TCU bought the presenting rights.

Edit: Battlefrog is one of those trendy obstacle race companies. How the hell would that have that much money to blow on a sponsorship for a bowl like that?

Maybe it's cheaper than we think?

NeoGAF Birmingham Bowl when?

LOL way to troll my family with Washington and Washington State playing at the same time. Most of my family cheered for WSU until my cousin went to UW and now it's about half for each team.

cdyhybrid

Kinda surprised Wilcox burned out at USC. He was pretty good for us, although following in Nick Holt's footsteps could make anyone look good I suppose.

Limedust

I really wish Mack Brown's parents would have given him more attention as a kid... so I wouldn't have to constantly listen to him talk about how awesome he was as a coach.

I really wish Mack Brown's parents would have given him more attention as a kid... so I wouldn't have to constantly listen to him talk about how awesome he was as a coach.

I think Mack's commentary is pretty good. He says a lot of good things for someone learning about football, like myself.

I enjoyed Holtz just for the laugh factor because he is so out of touch and him and May had pretty good chemistry. But Brown definitely adds more to the coverage.

cashman

Banned
Charlie Strong with the triple vote of confidence.

@BDavisAAS: Not sure when Texas will announce staff changes. But I know for fact the desire for Charlie Strong to succeed goes to the top of UT System.

@BDavisAAS: I'm told McRaven, Fenves, Perrin all willing to pitch in, help Strong make prudent decisions. Coach cannot say he isn't fully supported.

Charlie Strong with the triple vote of confidence.

@BDavisAAS: Not sure when Texas will announce staff changes. But I know for fact the desire for Charlie Strong to succeed goes to the top of UT System.

@BDavisAAS: I'm told McRaven, Fenves, Perrin all willing to pitch in, help Strong make prudent decisions. Coach cannot say he isn't fully supported.

I think that former Texas Tech QB will be a good OC hire for us. Norvell can take a hike for all I care

Draconian

Blame the Rose Bowl

Seriously though. New Year's Day makes perfect sense. More people are off and you're playing the games after all the other bowl games that aren't for the championship. The schedule we have right now makes absolutely no sense. Why do we have two playoff games and the next day (when more people are able to watch) schedule the games that have no stakes at all?

cdyhybrid

Seriously though. New Year's Day makes perfect sense. More people are off and you're playing the games after all the other bowl games that aren't for the championship. The schedule we have right now makes absolutely no sense. Why do we have two playoff games and the next day (when more people are able to watch) schedule the games that have no stakes at all?

Nothing is more important than the Rose Bowl!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think that former Texas Tech QB will be a good OC hire for us.

Having a former Tech QB lead the offense did work pretty well for Tech, TCU, and Oklahoma this year.

Briles is technically a Tech grad and coached under Leach for a little while as well, though obviously he had a 15 year high school head coaching career beforehand so he was pretty much set in his philosophy before he came back to Lubbock in 2000.

Having a former Tech QB lead the offense did work pretty well for Tech, TCU, and Oklahoma this year.

Briles is technically a Tech grad and coached under Leach for a little while as well, though obviously he had a 15 year high school head coaching career beforehand so he was pretty much set in his philosophy before he came back to Lubbock in 2000.

Honestly I don't remember Cumbie. Was he a QB before Kingsbury?

Top Bottom