• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

mre, come on, tell me you aren't going to pull for Notre Dame just this once.

Trust Yaboosh. Ohio State is just the worst.

I bet you wear Tarheel blue somedays if you truly believe that..

Notre Dame/Ohio State is a game where I really can't decide who I want to lose more.

I'm sure that's how Michigan/Florida is for a lot of people, though.

I knew GAF would call it the Meteor Game..

And between your evil game.. The answer is Michigan..

We are all Buckeyes that day.

Even though Floyd has been very disrespectful.

I said a part of me wanted to see it and I already paid for it by losing my friendship with Rando :(

I didn't realize we were that close to Da'esh in the playoffs.

There are good people there Cyan.. I assume.

Urbz sends killers out into the world to kill again.

At least Notre Dame keeps its killers where they can see them.

That's Miami that does that.. Surely you and I can agree that if we are 1a then Miami is 1b..

andycapps

He's not a Good QB but I guess that distinction of being the QB that lit up Bama 2 years ago will get him calls in the SEC
If you've seen the QB's we had this year, I think we're willing to give anybody a shot. Plus, only 2 scholarship QB's at the moment so they need depth.

Guess this is the day for QB transfers.

@skhanjr: Texas A&M QB Kyle Allen is transferring out of the program, the school announced.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A'Shawn gon murderdeathkill during the playoffs. Looked pissed some pre-med tree guy won his award.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Allen is better than Murray in a good offense, but with what A&M runs, Murray is the guy to keep. He can run around and make plays. I hope Oklahoma is in on Allen
I feel for you fans of lesser programs that can't just recruit your own quarterback talent and have to rely upon cast-offs from other programs.

*whistles*

squicken

I feel for you fans of lesser programs that can't just recruit your own quarterback talent and have to rely upon cast-offs from other programs.

*whistles*
haha

The whole QB thing in CFB is pretty crazy. Knight was a good recruit for OU who totally cratered and is now gone. Mayfield had some deal with TTU and now thrives at OU. A&M had Hill, Murray and Allen as big recruits in consecutive years and now only one is left. There's just no way for a team to get a good backup now. A&M and Oklahoma will go into the bowl season with shaky backup situations

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I guarantee there will be an Alabama QB on the transfer market, at some point. Cornwell or Bateman, both in that 4 star level.

I guarantee there will be an Alabama QB on the transfer market, at some point. Cornwell or Bateman, both in that 4 star level.

I was gonna say the loser of the battle to replace Kessler will probably transfer from USC but then I remembered Ricky Town already transferred and the only other QBs after Browne are walk ons. So unless Browne is so garbage that he gets beat out by a walk on or 3 star true freshman I don't think he's going anywhere.

Edit: Wait Darnold was a 4 star! Rivals your website sucks! Okay if Browne can't beat out Darnold next year then I imagine he transfers. Darnold would probably be okay to stay at USC if he doesn't get the job because he'd still have 2 years after Browne.

ag-my001

Allen is better than Murray in a good offense, but with what A&M runs, Murray is the guy to keep. He can run around and make plays. I hope Oklahoma is in on Allen
I figured Murray would pass Allen at some point, but nothing from this season showed me he was anywhere near it yet.

Maybe Allen was concerned that Spavital hasn't been let go yet.

I'm concerned that Spavital hasn't been let go yet.

squicken

I figured Murray would pass Allen at some point, but nothing from this season showed me he was anywhere near it yet.

Maybe Allen was concerned that Spavital hasn't been let go yet.

I'm concerned that Spavital hasn't been let go yet.

Yeah I figured it would be done as soon as the year ended. I guess he can't really fire him unless he has a better one lined up.

And firing Spatival a year after replacing the DC would mean the next time things go bad, Sumlin wouldn't have anyone else to throw to the wolves

inm8num2

https://vine.co/v/i7l9I6LBHgK
70aqdMy.jpg

Notre Dame/Ohio State is a game where I really can't decide who I want to lose more.

I'm sure that's how Michigan/Florida is for a lot of people, though.

I almost want Notre Dame to win just so the "missed the playoffs, oh well at least we get to beat them" stuff from Ohio State fans blows up in their face

but at the same time fuck Notre Dame

ag-my001

Yeah I figured it would be done as soon as the year ended. I guess he can't really fire him unless he has a better one lined up.

And firing Spatival a year after replacing the DC would mean the next time things go bad, Sumlin wouldn't have anyone else to throw to the wolves
True, but he could try the line of "it's still a young team, they need another year for the new system". That would get him year number six, which isn't a terrible length of time nowadays.

mre

BamaOnline ($9.95 site) is reporting that Jeremy Pruitt should be announced as our DC in time for the official visitors coming in this weekend.

andycapps

BamaOnline ($9.95 site) is reporting that Jeremy Pruitt should be announced as our DC in time for the official visitors coming in this weekend.

Good, then Smart can fill that spot. They've likely been waiting to make hires to avoid paying buyouts.
Ron Dayne and Eddie George.

Walker won all those but the Doak Walker, which didn't star until 1989.
That dude sure gets around.

Yeah, was supposed to interview at Michigan tomorrow but didn't want to leave the south.

mre

That dude sure gets around.
Well, to be fair, this doesn't increase the number of schools he's worked for. I think we can all thank those jackasses in Athens for inflating his salary, though.

Have you heard anything on your DC going to Auburn?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well, to be fair, this doesn't increase the number of schools he's worked for. I think we can all thank those jackasses in Athens for inflating his salary, though.

Have you heard anything on your DC going to Auburn?

Word seems to be they are offering $1mil for three years guaranteed for a DC with 2 years experience, one of which was a shit show.

I guess Auburn just really wants an Auburn man.

What it comes down to is that Kelly is a man who stuffs his playbook down the front of his britches. So if he leaves, eh.

squicken

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...er-options-oklahoma-sooners-bob-stoops-121015

Ideally, he said he'd like to transfer to a Power 5 conference program that would have a QB who will be a senior in 2016 so he'd be able to compete for an open job in 2017 when he becomes eligible. One school that certainly fits that profile is Oklahoma, where junior Baker Mayfield has transferred into OU and became a star.

"Oklahoma comes to mind because it does fit all those things, and my old (high school) teammate (Mark Andrews) is a receiver there, and coach (Bob) Stoops is an all-time great coach," Allen said.

According to Allen, he has been released to transfer to any school except those in the SEC and future Aggie opponents

So Allen obviously hopes to get a call from OU

DominoKid

tbh it's gone better than i expected so far. moving up along with forcing Coach Moore out my senior rubbed a lot of us the wrong way but Satterfield got em playing.

would've won the conference this year if not for the worst quarter of Mountaineer football I can remember vs Arkansas State.

Top Bottom