• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

Helton is coaching himself out if a job tonight.

That was the first time all year that a Pac12 team in the Zona red zone didn't score any points.

Transitive property says Illinois is better than Michigan State.

How do you like them apples, Sparty.
NH9gE7v.gif

Draconian

lol the dude calling the Arizona/USC game just said the committee should have Memphis in the top 10, apparently unaware that they lost today

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
oh, I'm only counting actual wins as opposed to "x beat z by 25 while y beat z by only 21, therefore x>y" type shit

so Iowa State>Texas>Oklahoma>Texas Tech>Arkansas>Ole Miss>Alabama

There used to be an option for only direct wins on there. Don't see it now though.

Kusagari

What happens in this scenario?

Clemson and Ohio State win out. Stanford/Notre Dame win out and one of them gets the third slot.

Florida loses to FSU and beats Bama in the championship. All the Big 12 teams beat each other up and have a loss.

In this scenario the only teams left that matter with one loss are Iowa, Big 12 teams and LSU. Does LSU make it without even making the championship game?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What happens in this scenario?

Clemson and Ohio State win out. Stanford/Notre Dame win out and one of them gets the third slot.

Florida loses to FSU and beats Bama in the championship. All the Big 12 teams beat each other up and have a loss.

In this scenario the only teams left that matter with one loss are Iowa, Big 12 teams and LSU. Does LSU make it without even making the championship game?

1 loss B12 champ would be in, I think. Florida would probably get in over LSU too if the B12 beats each other up that badly.

So I see the SEC was exposed today, with #2 LSU, #18 Ole Miss, and #19 ATM all being upset. So much for that conference.

And the B1G is looking incredibly deep, with Nebraska toppling #7 Mich St and Indiana keeping it close against #9 Iowa. Great year for that bunch.

lol

Oregon has 770 yards of offense tonight, including 470 yards rushing. I think that's more yards rushing than a normal SEC game has in total yards.

What kind of sorry excuse for a program gives up 700 yards of offense in a game.

Ignoring Duke for the moment.

Well Oregon gave up 742 yards last week.

Ole Miss gave up 605 today.
Arkansas gave up 595.
Ok State gave up 663 and won.
Iowa State gave up 684 yards.
Kansas gave up 598 yards.
Houston gave up 589 yards and won.
Oregon State gave up 674 yards.

So yeah, giving up 500+ yards is becoming increasingly common in today's college football landscape.

The Flop

Banned
Clemson Slayed! When will the ACC get the respect it deserves?

I think we can win out, but I'm still nervous of a USC spoiler.

Clemson Slayed! When will the ACC get the respect it deserves?

I think we can win out, but I'm still nervous of a USC spoiler.

...Actually, come to think of it, when is the last time Clemson played USC?

edit: apparently they've only played once, in 1966. USC won 30-0.

jjasper

Pretty amazing that LSU had two weeks to look over the Tennessee-Alabama game and learned nothing from it. UT tried all different kinds of motion and shit to get Hurd and Dobbs running room. Sure Bama was tired but we has two true freshman in their first start on our line. LSU ran the same 4 plays over and over again.

Pretty amazing that LSU had two weeks to look over the Tennessee-Alabama game and learned nothing from it. UT tried all different kinds of motion and shit to get Hurd and Dobbs running room. Sure Bama was tired but we has two true freshman in their first start on our line. LSU ran the same 4 plays over and over again.
Their offensive game plan was miserable and bordered on arrogant.

Slo

Being a Minney fan is feeling like you could step up and steal the game from a much better team EVERY week......if only you weren't Minnesota.

Feels bad man.

Top Bottom