• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

andycapps

This is why I get really confused when people talk about firing Pruitt. He's in charge of the one good aspect of our team.

UGA defense top 20 nation: red zone (7th), 3rd down % (10th), pass yards (11th, 173.9), total defense (14th, 305.3), scoring (20th, 18.4).

— Marc Weiszer (@marcweiszer) November 8, 2015

desh

As I see it there are now 5 buckets for four playoff spots

1. OHST/Iowa
  2. Clemson
  3. Baylor/OKST
  4. Alabama
  5. Stanford/Notre Dame

If at least one team from each bucket wins out, who gets in the Playoff?

e.g. Undefeated Ohio State or Undefeated Iowa + Undefeated Clemson + Undefeated Baylor or Oklahoma State + One Loss Alabama + One Loss Stanford or Notre Dame.

Another way to look at it, is who needs the most help?

Edit: Or, who gets left out: 1-loss Alabama or 1-loss Stanford/Notre Dame? Should I add Utah to this list?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

1. OHST/Iowa
  2. Clemson
  3. Baylor/OKST
  4. Alabama
  5. Stanford/Notre Dame

e.g. Undefeated Ohio State or Undefeated Iowa + Undefeated Clemson + Undefeated Baylor or Oklahoma State + One Loss Alabama + One Loss Stanford or Notre Dame.

Alabama/Florida is a bucket.

1. OHST/Iowa
  2. Clemson
  3. Baylor/OKST
  4. Alabama
  5. Stanford/Notre Dame

Edit: Or, who gets left out: 1-loss Alabama or 1-loss Stanford/Notre Dame? Should I add Utah to this list?

Depending how the conference CCGs go, I'll say Baylor/Okie St. need the most help (again).

So the Pac 12 has 6 bowl eligible teams after this past week, with 2 more 1 win away and 1 eliminated and another almost eliminated.

Right now the bowl picture for the Pac-12 looks something like this:

1. Stanford Rose Bowl (or CFP)
2. Utah Alamo Bowl
3. UCLA Holiday Bowl
4. WSU/USC (not sure on the tie break) Foster Farms Bowl
5. WSU/USC Sun Bowl
6. Oregon Las Vegas Bowl (Actually Oregon and USC are tied as well so yeah)
7. N/A Cactus Bowl

Cal and Arizona can both get bowl eligible with 1 more win. Oregon State can not make a bowl.

UW needs to win 2 of its final 3, they have ASU, Oregon State and Washington State.

ASU needs to win 2 of its final 3, they have UW, Arizona and Cal (why do they play Cal after Arizona?).

desh

ASU needs to win 2 of its final 3, they have UW, Arizona and Cal (why do they play Cal after Arizona?).

Because The Game (Cal-Stanford) is usually the week before thanksgiving, allowing Thanksgiving Week an open slot for Cal (Stanford plays Notre Dame Thanksgiving weekend every other year).

continuing with the conference stuff using the AP Poll:

Big Ten: 6 (Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern)
SEC: 4 (Alabama, LSU, Florida, Mississippi State)
Big 12: 4 (Baylor, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, TCU)
AAC: 4 (Houston, Temple, Navy, Memphis)
ACC: 3 (Clemson, North Carolina, Florida State)
Pac-12: 3 (Stanford, Utah, UCLA)
Other: 1 (Notre Dame)

AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC

pa22word

Probably rooting for okie state to win out at the moment.

If only the ghost of Mack brown past hadn't slain us this year I'd say ou would be in good position to get a playoff spot, but sadly I think that would be mutually assured destruction this year because if the b12 misses the playoffs again it's going to seriously dampen the conference, and I don't think a 1 loss big 12 team makes it over anyone but someone out of the pac12. Man, come now longhorn fans...was the longhorn network really worth all this shit? Really?

I would have liked us to join the b1g back when all that shit was going down, but alas. We've made our bed and have to lie in it for now. Sigh...although ou getting okie state back for 2001 would be lovely >:)

Balphon

Some Pac-12 rivalry games get shuffled a little to account for the fact that either USC or Stanford plays Notre Dame at the end of November every year.

Stanford is playing ND in rivalry week this year so they play Cal the week before. Consequently, Cal has to play someone on the 28th, et cetera et cetera.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm ready for Duke to play IU in the Brazzers Take a Shit in my Mouth Bowl. Can they complete a pass longer than 15 yards? Yes? Welp...

Crazy. Is Clemson finally going to pull it off and win a NC? If you had told me that goofy fuck Dabo would win a title, especially in a playoff system, I'd have told you you're nuts, but that's a very good team.

Crazy. Is Clemson finally going to pull it off and win a NC? If you had told me that goofy fuck Dabo would win a title, especially in a playoff system, I'd have told you you're nuts, but that's a very good team.

Right now... I don't think they'd lose to anyone right now and that includes my buckeyes :(. They could have rolled over after that fucked up beginning like they have historically. But they didn't and looked calm and collected and came back and won.

El_Chino

Did you have your pinky in the air while typing this?

austin_powers_dr_evil.jpg

The Flop

Banned
Dabo is going to snatch your teams wigs. He is not playing this year. We deserve to be where we are. We can hang with the best.

The AP poll this would could be a nice little exposé on groupthink. (And this time not with the SEC! Bonus!)

Last week, Clemson was 3rd with 6 first place votes. This week? 1st, with 31 first place votes. The teams in front of them didn't lose, and didn't necessarily look bad. Clemson won, but wasn't particularly dominant in doing so. It seems like the largest contributor to the new reality is the CFP ranking released last week that had Clemson #1.

Groupthink? Maybe, maybe not. Clemson has probably looked just as good as anybody so far. But that's a lot of votes to gain in a week of what were really status quo finishes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I realized I don't like fans of one team building up another team after getting beaten by them, just to make themselves feel better about the loss.

So fuck off Clemson, you are going to lose against somebody crappy because beating us aint no thing!

I realized I don't like fans of one team building up another team after getting beaten by them, just to make themselves feel better about the loss.

So fuck off Clemson, you are going to lose against somebody crappy because beating us aint no thing!

You watch your mouth or pitster is going to put you in your place!

The AP poll this would could be a nice little exposé on groupthink. (And this time not with the SEC! Bonus!)

Last week, Clemson was 3rd with 6 first place votes. This week? 1st, with 31 first place votes. The teams in front of them didn't lose, and didn't necessarily look bad. Clemson won, but wasn't particularly dominant in doing so. It seems like the largest contributor to the new reality is the CFP ranking released last week that had Clemson #1.

Groupthink? Maybe, maybe not. Clemson has probably looked just as good as anybody so far. But that's a lot of votes to gain in a week of what were really status quo finishes.

The AP Poll voters clearly visited r/cfb this week /s

cashman

Banned

I was thinking the same thing. As much as we make fun of SECSECSEC, there were quite a few "Good job for beating us Clemson, now go win the shit!" comments after the game.

Ryuuroden

I was thinking the same thing. As much as we make fun of SECSECSEC, there were quite a few "Good job for beating us Clemson, now go win the shit!" comments after the game.

The SECSECSEC thing is a disease that once they started it pretty much every other conference caught some degree of it :( I have nothing against rooting for some teams to win it all after they beat us but I will die before I root for Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, or Michigan to win it all in most cases. There is a caveat to this though. if they are playing against an SEC team or Notre Dame than I at least won't root against them, still wont root for them either but I have a preference on which team I would want to win. If perceived conference strength didn't matter as much as it does nowadays I would be loath to root for those other B1G teams but it's not helpful if they lose OOC.
There's also the fact that I want Michigan to be unbeaten on a yearly basis until our game where we can then crush their dreams like they did so many times to us in the 90's

Top Bottom