• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day, 7/22/09: Amazing Spider-Man #600, Incredible Hulk #600, Power Girl #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg rite said:
I can't decide if the ending is the greatest ending in the history of mini series or the dumbest fucking thing ever.

Ditto. I've been a big Prime fanboy since IC. Not really sure how I feel about this.
Does this mean he's stuck on Earth Prime now?

exarkun

I really want to fucking read the spoilers but I really shouldn't. One a scale of one to ten how awesome is it and how much will it spoil me if i haven't read the last few issues...

MisterHero

omg rite said:
I can't decide if the ending is the greatest ending in the history of mini series or the dumbest fucking thing ever.
The scene when I came back was awesome but that last scene was dumb. They'll never let me be happy. Loserboy gets to have Wonder Girl for a girlfriend but everyone here's a dumb human. I'm supposed to be Superman! Why can't they write bad guys for me to fight?

WHY DOES DC KEEP RUINING ME?

;_____;

mercboyz

exarkun said:
I really want to fucking read the spoilers but I really shouldn't. One a scale of one to ten how awesome is it and how much will it spoil me if i haven't read the last few issues...

I'm in the same boat. arrgh Need to hit my LCS after work.

Blader

exarkun said:

An 11 if you're like me and you hate hate Superbitch-Prime.

Jedeye Sniv said:
Phonogram Singles Club #4 (OF 7): Seriously, if you like comics and indie music, you should be reading this book, it's stellar...

Most looking forward to Phonogram, if you do not read this comic you're missing out.
Definitely. The format for this series with a main arc following a different character on the same night each issue, with two back up stories by guest artists (and all the other stuff) has been amazing thus far.

Holy shit, I just finished Legion of Three Worlds, BEST ENDING POSSIBLE. It worked so well within the context of the story. How else to finally end Morrison's Final Crisis than with Geoff Johns coming out of left field with the most meta thing he's ever done?

Also, George Perez deserves some kind of Guiness Book entry after that. Got dang he drew a metric shit ton of characters.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
BenjaminBirdie said:
And Johns made Blackest Night fun again in Green Lantern! COMICS REDEMPTION!

You should embrace the fact that BN #1 made you angry because it was greatly written :D

Reactions to Legion of Three Worlds and GL guarantee a trip to the comic shop tomorrow.

MisterHero

LiveFromKyoto said:
Holy shit, I just finished Legion of Three Worlds, BEST ENDING POSSIBLE. It worked so well within the context of the story. How else to finally end Morrison's Final Crisis than with Geoff Johns coming out of left field with the most meta thing he's ever done?

Also, George Perez deserves some kind of Guiness Book entry after that. Got dang he drew a metric shit ton of characters.
I don't know if I liked the very final part of the ending. It seems like a huge diss towards their more passionate readers.
Also, the idea that my Earth has its own Legion kinda ruins the point of "Earth-Prime". Also, WTF fading from the comic book universe only to appear in another one? They need Alex Ross to paint my Earth. Or get Tom Welling and make it a photocomic.

I hate you DC, I'll get you when MY POWERS COME BACK!!! I ALWAYS SURVIVE!!!

;_______________;

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

MisterHero said:
I don't know if I liked the very final part of the ending. It seems like a huge diss towards their more passionate readers.
Also, the idea that my Earth has its own Legion kinda ruins the point of "Earth-Prime". Also, WTF fading from the comic book universe only to appear in another one? They need Alex Ross to paint my Earth. Or get Tom Welling and make it a photocomic.

;_______________;

That was always how that Earth worked.

MisterHero

BenjaminBirdie said:
That was always how that Earth worked.
Yeah, life sure does seem like that, when something cool happens my life goes to hell. I like comic books but they just have to screw everything up! Make fun of me for wanting things a certain way, but bring back Stupidpulse and Dumbboy! The writers should be fired!!!

best regards,
Superboy

MisterHero said:

;_______________;

i believe those legionnares said they are gonna go around the multiverse searching for survivors of the old multiverse.... you ruiner.
haw, you got beat by the fake, you're so weak, weakling.

Bowser

Man, I just read ASM #600 and I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to picking it up regularly.

MisterHero

evil solrac v3.0 said:
i believe those legionnares said they are gonna go around the multiverse searching for survivors of the old multiverse.... you ruiner.
haw, you got beat by the fake, you're so weak, weakling.
OH YEAH
when I get my powers back
I'm gonna PUNCH YOU IN THE BALLS

best regards,
Superboy

Ephemeris

I love my Bat-Books, but damn. GL has been awesome for.. ages now.

Loving the blackest night stuff.

And Lo3W's ending :lol

I've even seen that thread before.

Picked up Northlanders #18 and No Hero #6, which missed last week, and Tales of the Crops #2 and Green Lantern #44.

It's nice to see that the main Green Lantern has remained consistently entertaining.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
MisterHero said:

;_______________;

damn, after all these years, it seems silky's finally got some competition....

chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

hamchan

Soul4ger said:
Good Lord, I tried reading Wikipedia entries on some of the DC stuff, and it's like gibberish.

I agree. I read the Final Crisis entry and didn't understand any of it. I then read the actual comic and still didn't understand half of it. It's funny because I understood Infinite Crisis completely.

and :lol @ Superboy-Prime. I actually like the character but that is such an epic way to finish.:lol

Finally caught up with Amazing Spidey. #600 was really awesome, great reimagining of Doc Ock. Can't wait for The Gauntlet to see what they do with rest of the classic Spidey villains.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mmm, the Preacher hardcover is a nice edition. Would have liked oversized, but considering how shitty DC can be with this stuff I'll take the decent coated paper and Starman Omnibus format. Now just 3 years or so to get all of it on the shelf...

KAL2006

Banned
We need an official comicon 2009 thread, with the latest news of comics, games, movies, tv show and other news from comicon. It would be great to just look in one thread instead of hundred sites to fish out news on all these different medias. I would have done it but I cant create a thread as I am a junior:D

Edit. Just found it my bad

Averon said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy-Prime

Is this for real :lol

I can't believe Johns would do this

I love how the DC Universe's greatest nemesis is a deranged message board fanboy troll who thinks he's Superman and that everything that's happening in the DCU is done wrong and not as good as it used to be.

All of Final Crisis was a metacommentary on fictional universes; this is like the ultimate most loony and/or appropriate way to cap it off. It's the ideal commentary on the internet age - fans interact directly (and angrily) with creators, and affect the direction of the stories more than ever- and thereby shape of the whole universe. Now they're actually a character in that universe, it's come to that point. It's not over the top, it's literal reality now.

And what to take away from how he undoes himself - that all this bitching is self-negating?

EviLore said:
Mmm, the Preacher hardcover is a nice edition. Would have liked oversized, but considering how shitty DC can be with this stuff I'll take the decent coated paper and Starman Omnibus format. Now just 3 years or so to get all of it on the shelf...

Still waiting for mine in the mail. Glad to hear it turned out nice.

-Mikey-

Anyone have some thoughts on the punisher max / frank castle?

I really like Garth Ennis but I don't follow the punisher and I read that the series will be relaunched later this year. Just a new name or a whole new series?

Blader

-Mikey- said:
Anyone have some thoughts on the punisher max / frank castle?

I really like Garth Ennis but I don't follow the punisher and I read that the series will be relaunched later this year. Just a new name or a whole new series?

New name, new creative team, otherwise it's the same book.

MisterHero

LiveFromKyoto said:
I love how the DC Universe's greatest nemesis is a deranged message board fanboy troll who thinks he's Superman and that everything that's happening in the DCU is done wrong and not as good as it used to be.

All of Final Crisis was a metacommentary on fictional universes; this is like the ultimate most loony and/or appropriate way to cap it off. It's the ideal commentary on the internet age - fans interact directly (and angrily) with creators, and affect the direction of the stories more than ever- and thereby shape of the whole universe. Now they're actually a character in that universe, it's come to that point. It's not over the top, it's literal reality now.

And what to take away from how he undoes himself - that all this bitching is self-negating?
Yeah but it's really dumb since many people who work on comics admit they are fanboys themselves. They can't stand to have their favorite characters die so they bring them back through canon. Even if they commited fatal crimes. Maybe Superboy-Prime would be revealed to have been infected by Parallax. :lol

I guess those actions are self-negating to the companies because they can undo anything and thus any work they did do was for naught. I really liked Lo3W 1-4 because they proposed a massive change for a character but in the last pages of 5 made a cop-out by implying neither. They story was a good mirror for the Legion looking for validation in the eyes of the United Planets. They get their redemption/validation but why not Superboy-Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom