• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! #8 / January 2012 - Happy New Year, Comic Book GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
Can anyone tell me when the next Ult. SM is coming out? Oh, and the new Ultimates issue, too?

Better yet, what's the best website that allows me to simply view when they're getting released. Thanks in advanced!

tm24

Oh man, Albuquerque on Batman? Sweet. I remember seeing his art for the first time in Blue Beetle. I loved that book.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn it! Albuquerque doing Batman backups means less Albuquerque available for American Vampire! :mad:

Satch

Banned
DC COMICS

SUPERMAN & CO.

1iUoZ.jpg

NOV110131 SUPERBOY #5 $2.99

BATMAN & CO.

8Qlyq.jpg
VHDcz.jpg
IIdF9.jpg
6QX6w.jpg

NOV110149 BATGIRL #5 $2.99
NOV110145 BATMAN AND ROBIN #5 $2.99
SEP110169 BATMAN THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS HC $22.99
NOV110147 BATWOMAN #5 $2.99

THE FLASH

dowhd.jpg

OCT110249 FLASH TP VOL 01 THE DASTARDLY DEATH OF THE ROGUES $14.99

GREEN LANTERN & THE CORPS.

7AScY.jpg

NOV110154 GREEN LANTERN #5 $2.99

TEAMS

VgDlq.jpg
2Ddzh.jpg
b0tWd.jpg

NOV110120 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE LEGENDS #21 $2.99
NOV110170 DEMON KNIGHTS #5 $2.99
NOV110188 LEGION LOST #5 $2.99
NOV110175 SUICIDE SQUAD #5 $2.99

MISC.

LcCNh.jpg
3uG1x.jpg
j1mgN.jpg
tVfTm.jpg
W0U4v.jpg

NOV110174 DEATHSTROKE #5 $2.99
NOV110167 FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE #5 $2.99
NOV110173 GRIFTER #5 $2.99
NOV110123 MISTER TERRIFIC #5 $2.99
NOV110124 MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #4 (OF 6) $3.99
OCT110294 NORTHLANDERS #47 (MR) $2.99
SEP110226 PREACHER HC BOOK 06 (MR) $39.99
NOV110182 RAY #2 (OF 4) $2.99
NOV110169 RESURRECTION MAN #5 $2.99
OCT110295 SCALPED #55 (MR) $2.99
NOV110161 SHADE #4 (OF 12) $2.99
AUG110256 STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 $59.99
NOV110238 UNWRITTEN #33 (MR) $2.99
OCT110301 UNWRITTEN TP VOL 05 ON TO GENESIS (MR) $14.99

FOR THE KIDS!

ulp7v.jpg
f31Dw.jpg
5MoBn.jpg

NOV110221 ALL NEW BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #15 $2.99
NOV110224 CARTOON NETWORK ACTION PACK #66 $2.99
OCT110271 YOUNG JUSTICE TP VOL 01 $12.99

Well, guess I'll be passing on Batman. I'm not going to buy crappy Detective Comics unless someone else takes over. And I'm not going to pay $4 if I can't get the full backup story. Oh well, trade waiting for Batman opens up another slot. May start reading American Vampire monthly instead of trade waiting.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All the forced diversity in The Ray made me nearly puke on myself.

I'm going to buy The Shade 4 A) because it's one of the best comics DC is publishing, and B) so James Robinson doesn't slit his wrists. I encourage all to follow suit!

woodypop

All the forced diversity in The Ray made me nearly puke on myself.

I'm going to buy The Shade 4 A) because it's one of the best comics DC is publishing, and B) so James Robinson doesn't slit his wrists. I encourage all to follow suit!

Kudos on Teh Shade.

I didn't feel the forced diversity at all. Not like the clunky shit in early Mr Terrific.

LiQuid!

Kudos on Teh Shade.

I didn't feel the forced diversity at all. Not like the clunky shit in early Mr Terrific.

Kidding, right? The Korean-American protagonist with a French name (nobody on the planet earth is actually named Lucien by the way. Nobody) with Anglo-hippie parents, black (music producer!) bff, Hindi girlfriend and a partridge in a pear tree. It was like they had a meeting and said "Hey, Marvel made Spider-fucking-Man half black/half Mexican. We need to up our diversity profile!" so they just threw as much crap in the melting pot as possible and shat out The Ray.

My take, anyways.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm interested in checking out Batman: Through the Looking Glass.

Dave Dorman (artist) is offended by the breast feeding depicted on the teaser of the upcoming Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples book, Saga

http://ifanboy.com/articles/dave-dorman-offended-by-vaughan-staples-breastfeeding-saga-cover/

-_-

really?
This is ridiculous. You can breastfeed in public, get over it. It's certainly not sexual, anyone who sees it like that is maladjusted.

Kidding, right? The Korean-American protagonist with a French name (nobody on the planet earth is actually named Lucien by the way. Nobody) with Anglo-hippie parents, black (music producer!) bff, Hindi girlfriend and a partridge in a pear tree. It was like they had a meeting and said "Hey, Marvel made Spider-fucking-Man half black/half Mexican. We need to up our diversity profile!" so they just threw as much crap in the melting pot as possible and shat out The Ray.

My take, anyways.
A quick Facebook search says you are wrong.

My take, anyways.

Not kidding. I read a fun lighthearted book, and didn't give a thought to the races of the piece involved.

LiQuid!

Not kidding. I read a fun lighthearted book, and didn't give a thought to the races of the piece involved.

That's weird. They went out of their way to point it all out, and even so far as to have Lucien comment about how totally zany it was. I could be imagining things.

Avengers X Sanction cannot be hated, the whole comic is like a child playing with action figures. And I loved the irony in Avengers Academy this week, Reptil is one crazy brah.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36309

A "history of the Court of Owls" backup by Snyder/Tynion/Albuquerque to begin in Batman #8, and alternate between 'Batman' and 'Detective' in the months thereafter.

Snyder has confirmed on his Twitter feed that all his stuff is contained in Batman.

Hear this: THERE WILL NOT BE ALTERNATING BACK-UPS in BATMAN and TEC. The BACK-UPS in BATMAN will be totally, completely self contained.

If DETECTIVE COMICS has back-ups, they will be completely contained in that series. No alternation. None

Crisis averted.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, guess I'll be passing on Batman. I'm not going to buy crappy Detective Comics unless someone else takes over. And I'm not going to pay $4 if I can't get the full backup story. Oh well, trade waiting for Batman opens up another slot. May start reading American Vampire monthly instead of trade waiting.

I just saw on Twitter (from Scott Snyder) that the backups in Batman and Tec are not crossing over after all. Snyder says Batman will continue to be self contained. Yay!!

Earths Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spiderman will premiere April 1 on Disney XD, Brahs are trying to make their own blcok like DC Universe on CN.

notworksafe

MARVEL
Releasing This Week

COMIC OF THE WEEK:
NOV110590 PUNISHERMAX #21 (MR) $3.99
Ktzgjl.jpg

The final brutal confrontation between the Punisher and the Kingpin! Only one of these men is going to walk away alive.

tJbPo.jpg
GZyXK.jpg
mhpKS.png
1L43d.jpg
iI4XY.jpg

WCbeZ.jpg
PfEvZ.jpg
cJukE.jpg
xfR3K.jpg
78OuW.jpg

QKng2.jpg
TE7JZ.jpg
z9VSE.jpg
yTHMF.jpg
tuh6f.jpg

JQSfS.jpg
33enB.jpg
uLVJv.jpg
m9nef.jpg
8881k.jpg

VO2wD.jpg
jdnQq.jpg
59QD0.jpg
ElqYM.jpg
dYTSw.jpg

J0yOx.jpg

NOV110527 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #677 $3.99
NOV110500 AVENGERS 1959 #5 (OF 5) $2.99
NOV110479 BATTLE SCARS #3 (OF 6) $2.99
NOV110538 BLACK PANTHER MOST DANGEROUS MAN ALIVE #528 $2.99
JUN110712 BRILLIANT #2 (MR) $3.95
NOV110480 CAPTAIN AMERICA #7 $3.99
NOV110524 CARNAGE USA #2 (OF 5) $3.99
NOV110572 DAKEN DARK WOLVERINE #19 $2.99
NOV110514 DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER WAY STATION #2 (OF 5) $3.99
NOV110589 DEADPOOL #49 $2.99
NOV110512 FORMIC WARS SILENT STRIKE #2 (OF 5) $3.99
NOV110548 GHOST RIDER CYCLE OF VENGEANCE #1 $5.99
NOV110477 INCREDIBLE HULK #4 $3.99
NOV110482 JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #633 $2.99
NOV110580 MAGNETO NOT A HERO #3 (OF 4) $2.99
NOV110495 NEW AVENGERS #20 $3.99
NOV110511 NORTHANGER ABBEY #3 (OF 5) $3.99
NOV110519 SCARLET SPIDER #1 $3.99
NOV110497 SECRET AVENGERS #21 $3.99
NOV110513 STAND NIGHT HAS COME #6 (OF 6) $3.99
NOV110558 SUPER HEROES #22 $2.99
NOV110517 ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #6 $3.99
NOV110566 WOLVERINE #300 $4.99
NOV110560 WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #4 XREGG $3.99
NOV110586 X-FACTOR #230 XREGG $2.99
NOV110582 X-MEN LEGACY #260.1 $2.99

Damn fine looking Marvel week, there. Any week I can get WATXM and Slott's ASM is a good one, toss in PunisherMAX, JiM, the Nextwave team of Ellis/Immonen on Secret Avengers, and a big anniversary Wolverine story from Jason Aaron, its almost too much for one week. The Alan Davis artwork in Captain America is the sweet, sweet icing. I think I would buy any book with his pencils and Farmer/Neary inks, even a Bendis one(which I did, stupid Avengers Prime miniseries).

I also want to pick up Scarlet Spider. I'm a fan of the creative team, and I'm willingly to give it a shot, even though I have no prior love for the character of Kaine or anything else that derives from the dreaded 90s Clone Saga.

My pickups this week...

DC Comics:
All New Batman The Brave and the Bold #15
Demon Knights #5

Marvel Comics:
Amazing Spider-Man #677
Avengers 1959 #5
Wolverine #300
Wolverine and the X-Men #4
X-Factor #230
X-Men Legacy #260.1

It's getting to be where any week with X-Books is a good week.

I also want to pick up Scarlet Spider. I'm a fan of the creative team, and I'm willingly to give it a shot, even though I have no prior love for the character of Kaine or anything else that derives from the dreaded 90s Clone Saga.

Fuck this book, and fuck Ryan Stegman for lying to me at FanExpo. :|

I ask him, "What are you working on next?"

He's all like, "I can't tell you, but it's gonna be huuuuge!"

Scarlet Spider?!

They just keep sodomizing you bro, She-Hulk book to a Shoehorn book to a Hoody Spiderman book? Shit son. You're going to be drawing the shit out of Forbush Man next.

Most yes, but I don't think X-Men or X-Men Legacy are worth it.

Super generic IMO.
Legacy finally joins the "Team Logan" family of books with this issue, and gains Christos Gage as its new writer. The artwork doesn't look all that hot, but based on Gage's work on Avengers Academy it's worth a look at least.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
My pickups this week...

DC Comics:
All New Batman The Brave and the Bold #15
Demon Knights #5

Marvel Comics:
Amazing Spider-Man #677
Avengers 1959 #5
Wolverine #300
Wolverine and the X-Men #4
X-Factor #230
X-Men Legacy #260.1

It's getting to be where any week with X-Books is a good week.

how is 1959? i only read the little bonus stories at the end of avengers / cap books a few months back.

how is 1959? i only read the little bonus stories at the end of avengers / cap books a few months back.
If you liked those little backup stories (which I did) then you should probably pick this up. An unconventional team with rarely seens like Blonde Phantom and Dominic Fortune, shadowy international spy stuff, Nazis and the occult, and Howard Chaykin masterminding it all.

If you haven't read the backups, though, I'd wait for a trade collection.

tm24

I agree with everything that image says. Just for fun i re-read my Bendis/Maleev Omnibi (is that the plural version?) and then went to the new DD and it's really hilarious with the stark contrast in mood/style/everything

Also, today's Next Big Thing from Marvel is Bendis' last arc on Avengers is a six parter that ties-in with AvX featuring art from WALT SIMONSON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom