• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small pull list for me this week.

• Batgirl #30
  • Batman Eternal #1
  • Green Lantern Corps #30
  • Justice League 3000 #5
  • Superboy #30
  • Superman / Wonder Woman #7
  • Worlds' Finest #22

Excited for Batman Eternal, as one might expect.

I still wish JL3000 didn't exist and was a Legion title but I still like the Villainess in it so far so I don't mind continuing to pull it.

Superboy is kind of goofy fun. Alternate fake Legion Founder imposters and all.

Superman / Wonder Woman is one of my favorite books at the moment.

Worlds' Finest: Nice to finally be done with that dumb power loss arc for PeeGee.

Cheska

Woohoo! Just finished watching Winter Soldier, by far one of the better entries in the Marvel universe. Dare I say it was even better than the book.

Speaking of Vimanarama and we were speaking of memorable moments, this is the most powerful moment in the Morrison Canon, without a doubt:

4E1MVwR.jpg

God I can't wait for All New Doop.

List of Thrones
BATMAN ETERNAL #1 - Really looking forward to this.
EAST OF WEST #11
ALL NEW GHOST RIDER #2 - Hopefully this issue will shape up the series better than the first
ALL NEW X-MEN #25
DAREDEVIL #1.50
SECRET AVENGERS #2
SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #11 - Another intermission issue before Spencer/Lieber return

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This week:

* American Vampire, Vol 6
* Chew, Vol 8: Family Recipes
* Criminal, Vol 2: Deluxe Edition
* Green Arrow, Vol 4: The Killing Machine
* Nemo: The Roses of Berlin
* Saga, Vol 3

I realize I'm just falling for their price hike shenanigans, but I have to say that I have come to really love the quality of the covers and interior pages of DC's $3.99 books. I keenly feel the difference between them and the $2.99 titles (though the interiors of those are still good). Makes me wish Image would take some of that $3.50 and up the quality a bit. One of my few but nagging complaints.

(I won't comment on Marvels as I've only gotten two of their titles recently)

GAAHHH why the hell have I been waiting so long to read The Wake!?

I just read all seven issues and it may just be one of my favorite current comics. Without a doubt, I'll be anxiously waiting for the next issue. It's supposed to be a 10 issue series right?

We want more! We want more!

Hells yeah, I am with you on this one!,, yeah its 10 issues.
Only 10 :-(...

Ephidel

Not trolling, but why do people hate Bendis? Most of his stuff I've read has been really enjoyable.
I don't hate him, but I'm not fond of him either. Personally it's because he's a master of decompression and his books feel like they take forever to get anywhere. They read okay if you're reading them all in one go, but one at a time? I just can't do it anymore.
His characters also have a tendency to lack a distinct voice (And to spend a lot of time talking about nothing much in their non-distinct voices).

Spiderman: Family Business ripped off the majority of plot from Spider-man: Revenge of the Sinister Six. Then at the very end they give us a ridiculous and ambiguous ending which would fit in a mini-series or monthly comic but not in damn OGN which takes years to come out. Dell Otto was miles better on Secret War. Neither the story nor art impressed me. Not to mention it totally wasn't worth the price, 80 pages for $20. I just hate this crap.

listamania

ALL NEW ULTIMATES #1
Nightcrawler #1
Lumberjanes #1
Ghost Rider #2
Flash Gordon, maybe

I gotta read Shotgun Wedding and Magnus, Robot Fighter to see if i want to get the second issues

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Listing!

Books of the week:
Daredevil #1.50
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #11

Also grabbing:
All-New X-Men #25
Astro City #11
Avengers #28
Captain Marvel #2
Deadpool #27
East of West #11
FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #9
Secret Avengers #2
Superman/Wonder Woman #7

Trying out:
All New Ultimates #1
Shutter #1

Maybe picking up:
All New Doop #1
Nightcrawler #1

Ultimates #1 should be good, less sure on Doop and Nightcrawler, will have to take a look.

Edit: Oh, Lumberjanes is this week? Will give that a shot.

ElNarez

Banned
Lists. Data. The Cosmos. HOLY SHIT COSMOS. Anyways, list:

Astro City #11
Batman Eternal #1
Superman Wonder Woman #7
Worlds Finest #22

East of West #11

All-New Doop #1
All-New Ghost Rider #2
All-New X-Men #25
Captain Marvel #2
Deadpool #27
Iron Fist #1
Iron Man #24
Mighty Avengers #9
Secret Avengers #2
Superior Foes of Spider-Man #11

I think the biggest culprit is the comparisons to the Marvel movies (which are unfair, at the moment, as Man of Steel is standalone until further DC films tying into it come out) and then what I like to call "over the top nitpicks"; These are things like, "Superman doesn't kill. He'd have found a way to beat Zod without killing him", or, "Oh my God Superman destroyed Metropolis. He'd never do that. He'd punch Zod to the Moon and fight him there." Things like these are easily explained by the plot, if you actually pay attention, but are quick and easy snarky sound bites for people looking to hate on the film.

I also feel like these comments are comparing a well seasoned, experienced Superman vs a first day on the job, ever put on the suit Superman. Your first day is going to suck, you're going to make mistakes and fuck up.

My friend linked me to this weird comic/magazine collaboration:

Is the new ghost rider a car comic or what? No more Johnny Blaze on a bike?
Pretty much.

Meanwhile, Johnny Blaze is currently part of the Thunderbolts team.

Also, this week's pull:
DC COMICS
Batman Eternal #1
Royals Masters Of War #3
Superman Wonder Woman #7

IMAGE COMICS
Invincible #110
Walking Dead #125

MARVEL COMICS
All-New Doop #1
All-New Ghost Rider #2
All-New Ultimates #1
All-New X-Factor #6
All-New X-Men #25
Avengers Undercover #2
Daredevil #1.50
Deadpool #27
Iron Fist The Living Weapon #1
Mighty Avengers #9
Nightcrawler #1
Secret Avengers #2
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #11
Thunderbolts #24

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT
Bloodshot And H.A.R.D. Corps #21

What is the All-New Ultimates? A younger version of super-heros? different characters tho?(obviously not peter parker) Art looks decent,, don't really know much of the creative team behind it.

Edit: Just looked through the previews, guess I answered most of my questions. lol.

Messi

What is the All-New Ultimates? A younger version of super-heros? different characters tho?(obviously not peter parker) Art looks decent,, don't really know much of the creative team behind it.

Edit: Just looked through the previews, guess I answered most of my questions. lol.

Miles man... Miles. Best Spider-Man

arkon

It's in the Ultimate universe so it'll be Miles and co.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The Spider-Man that hid for a year because he's a little bitch despite being given an overpowered one hit KO move by the almighty Bendis Lord?

Who's entire book run was just a constant "Hey remember how awesome Peter Parker was?" memorial from his extended cast? His autistic fat manchild friend also got Gwen Stacy sex eyes over him for making something out of lego while Miles has got spider-powers and trucked with the Ultimates. Captain America respects him, Tony Stark loves him! All hail Miles Morales, the new term for Gary Stu!

He is the essence of a Spider-Boy, never a Spider-Man.

tell me about it. miles is so fucking boring. when iceman, kitty pryde and human torch were all living with peter parker was the peak of all ultimate comics. that series was so much fun.

but then we get miles morales and his stupid friend making lego jokes all the damn time. literally every issue was ganke saying "you can do it! n_n" and miles reply "b-but i can't ;__;"

Miles sting is a pretty dumb power for his "level". How does he ever have any problem with anyone outside of cosmic level entities? He just has to touch you to activate it, right? So are his battles just 15 pages of whiffing until he lands the blow and wins?

Toa TAK

Banned
I just realized there are at least 4 different "X-Men" titles running right now. Which is the best out of the bunch?

Don't hate on Miles, guys. ;_;

I just realized there are at least 4 different "X-Men" titles running right now. Which is the best out of the bunch?

All New X-Men is the best comic on shelves right now. Uncanny is alright, Amazing will be an atrocity, and X-Men is just plain boring.

Just you wait for the All New Inhumans and Inhumans World, starting this summer.

Oh man, I just realized. I was reading Brevoort's tumblr and all these retailers were like "wtf avengers it's so complicated tom i can't sell this shit, people just want some simple shit mayn help me out bruh"

There's totally gonna be a All New Avengers.

Messi

All new is great and uncanny is ok. X-Men is dodgy and I don't read Wolverine and the x-men.

Amazing X-Men has been fun but most people are concerned that Aaron leaving.

Well, it's a mini-series and it's Milligan's Doop. It will be great.

But seriously I'd read a Sentinel book. The one thing from Marvel I've never stopped loving. I have a huge collection of Sentinels at home, lorded over by Master Mold.

Mutie scum.

PS
Wanda was right. No more Mutants.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Wolverine and the X-Men and Amazing X-Men are the only X-books.

Too bad, so sad. Go cry with Goldenballs in the punch dimension if you can't handle it. Shit is so sour it made Magneto leave and start killing people again because he was so bored of living at BendisSpeak U. Maybe teen queen Jean will sex up one of Bendis' terrible NuMutants actually for teh dramah soon too. Only when both dicksplort Scott's choke-sob-scream "JEAAAAANNNNNN?!?!?!?!?!" simultaneously can the curse be broken.

Amazing X-Men? Everyone let's just hug for 5 issues and jump around with pirate costumes. How cute n_n. All New X-Men doesn't pull any punches. It's leading the charge with innovation and dynamic, groundbreaking plotlines. Amazing X-Men reads like some fanfction from NightcrawlerGal24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom