• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

My Wonder Woman Bombshells statue name plate is broken and I can't stop staring at the crack. Its ruined the statue for me.

did you get it from somewhere you can try to exchange it? My book was from amazon, i could get a replacement but the damage is so minor i feel bad about doing so Xo

Cheska

GAAHHH why the hell have I been waiting so long to read The Wake!?

I just read all seven issues and it may just be one of my favorite current comics. Without a doubt, I'll be anxiously waiting for the next issue. It's supposed to be a 10 issue series right?

We want more! We want more!

like 1/4th through Man of Steel.

This Young Clark stuff is phenomenal. The Krypton stuff was truly awful, every visual decision, from the design to the costumes, to the camerawork, all god awful.

But this Young Clark stuff. X-Men, old Superman movies, all of it, I've never seen anything capture how fucked up and awful it is for a kid to have superpowers. Really wonderful.

Oh, hang on, shut up, Chris Meloni and Toby Ziegler just walked into this tent together.

I'll keep you posted.

posting during movies

67b.jpg

Man of steel was he worst movie. Everything about it was so hollow. Hamfisted themes. Loud action. And the ending .

It felt like no one read as single superman comic . And just made superman begins.

Man of steel was he worst movie. Everything about it was so hollow. Hamfisted themes. Loud action. And the ending .

It felt like no one read as single superman comic . And just made superman begins.

I thought it was a wonderful super hero movie. Perfect first day on the job story.

I haven't watched it since it came out in theaters but I remember the ending really bumming me out .

Also rember Lois being a walking exposition device .

Owzers

i just watched it again on HBO, the only part i liked was the town fight, apart from that it's awful.

I also watched Frozen, i don't think they were trying with that movie. What's up with the
Trolls knowing all this stuff about ice magic but not having a clue that loving stuff will immediately allow you to control your powers. Useless piles of rock faces.
I wanted to like the movie a lot but it was too dumb.

Aquaman and The Others was alright. Needs more Atlantis stuff. Still think the team needs another member or so. I don't have any faith in Jurjens making ny of them interesting. His career died with Superman. Greg Pak is a corporate superstar though. Brah is a creative Charles Soule. And what are they uaing to color Detective Comics? In The Flash it seemed like color pencils....

I really enjoyed MoS up until the head-ache inducing finale. I'd probably still give it a 7.5/10 though. I don't really understand people's hate for it.

GAAHHH why the hell have I been waiting so long to read The Wake!?

I just read all seven issues and it may just be one of my favorite current comics. Without a doubt, I'll be anxiously waiting for the next issue. It's supposed to be a 10 issue series right?

We want more! We want more!

XD

I agree, it's really good, but let's see where it ends up before we go demanding more.

Man of Steel is the greatest. I fully support and endorse any and all Kryptonian on Kryptonian violence.

Also, #FreeBirdiesTweets

Aquaman and The Others was alright. Needs more Atlantis stuff. Still think the team needs another member or so. I don't have any faith in Jurjens making ny of them interesting. His career died with Superman. Greg Pak is a corporate superstar though. Brah is a creative Charles Soule. And what are they uaing to color Detective Comics? In The Flash it seemed like color pencils....

I'm cautiously interested in Aquaman and the Others. I don't have any real connection to the Others, but I'm intrigued by a couple of them. The two women are a little similar for my tastes, though.

I just turned the last page of Uncanny X-Force. One of the best ever made. It has made me a Marvel fan. The art was exquisite throughout. I'm gonna miss Logan, Wade, Elizabeth, Fantomex on a team. They were great.

I just turned the last page of Uncanny X-Force. One of the best ever made. It has made me a Marvel fan. The art was exquisite throughout. I'm gonna miss Logan, Wade, Elizabeth, Fantomex on a team. They were great.

Great series. So is the paper in the omnibus the thinner type that they used in the Infinity hardcover? I was on the fence in regards to buying the omnibus, since I already own the series in the original hardcovers.

It's weird... When the movie came out, everyone was surprised by how good it was, now they're shitting on it? I don't understand.

I thought it was the opposite, I thought more people shitted on it when it came out and came to appreciate it more through multiple watches. It's the only movie in the last 10 years, that I have watched more than 3 times voluntarily. Like, putting in the Bluray and watching. Not flipping channels. If flipping channels is considered I think I stop on Shawshank every time.

The only logical step to take next is to get caught up on Uncanny Avengers.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Deadpool is the real hero of that run. That scene with him and Evan is really powerful.

Great series. So is the paper in the omnibus the thinner type that they used in the Infinity hardcover? I was on the fence in regards to buying the omnibus, since I already own the series in the original hardcovers.

Yes, it's thin. Never felt like I was going to rip it or anything but if you can see the other side of the page through light. Was never a problem though reading it. I would not double dip.

Owzers

Have you been reading Uncanny Avengers? From issue #6 on it's Remender's continuation of UXF.

Yes, it's thin. Never felt like I was going to rip it or anything but if you can see the other side of the page through light. Was never a problem though reading it. I would not double dip.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't feel any real need to upgrade to the omnibus since I already have it in collected format anyhow.

When did that happen? Critics were always mixed, fans seemed to be mixed, and it seemed to be a regular fixture on "most disappointing films of 2013" end of the year lists.

That was the impression I got based on people I talked to back when the film came out. No one can deny it was way better than any of the previous attempts at Superman films since the originals.

Deadpool is the real hero of that run. That scene with him and Evan is really powerful.

I am wearing a Walmart $7.50 Deadpool shirt right now because of this book. It has made me a fan. I loved the mix of humor and seriousness from Remender. Yes, that moment with Evan gave me the puppy dog face reading it.

It's weird... When the movie came out, everyone was surprised by how good it was, now they're shitting on it? I don't understand.

I think the biggest culprit is the comparisons to the Marvel movies (which are unfair, at the moment, as Man of Steel is standalone until further DC films tying into it come out) and then what I like to call "over the top nitpicks"; These are things like, "Superman doesn't kill. He'd have found a way to beat Zod without killing him", or, "Oh my God Superman destroyed Metropolis. He'd never do that. He'd punch Zod to the Moon and fight him there." Things like these are easily explained by the plot, if you actually pay attention, but are quick and easy snarky sound bites for people looking to hate on the film.

I am wearing a Walmart $7.50 Deadpool shirt right now because of this book. It has made me a fan. I loved the mix of humor and seriousness from Remender. Yes, that moment with Evan gave me the puppy dog face reading it.
Thanks for shopping at Walmart brah.

It sucks that they don't give UXF the quality it deserves by using pubic hair thin paper. Hope for an Artists' Edition twenty years from now with IDW.

like 1/4th through Man of Steel.

This Young Clark stuff is phenomenal. The Krypton stuff was truly awful, every visual decision, from the design to the costumes, to the camerawork, all god awful.

But this Young Clark stuff. X-Men, old Superman movies, all of it, I've never seen anything capture how fucked up and awful it is for a kid to have superpowers. Really wonderful.

Oh, hang on, shut up, Chris Meloni and Toby Ziegler just walked into this tent together.

I'll keep you posted.

You and I watched a totally different movie. The only part I liked in Man of Steel was the opening Krypton stuff. The rest of the film absolutely sucked. Booooring.

It brought me back to comics in general. I loved every issue. Truly the GOAT X-Men run.

Man Trillium is great,, this writing/story is freggin awesome so far. Arts not my favorite but i think it's good for this story.
I've been getting this book monthly but I stopped reading it after issue #5 (it's 8 issues)
So I could read all 8 issues at once. #8 just came out last Wednesday. (Got the idea from someone else in this thread awhile back)
I just finished #5 and I'm so immersed in this story. Love being so excited to read more n more! I'll finish the other 3 issues tonight for sure.

Well.

So first off the origin/young clark stuff is absolutely exceptional. All the way through. The climactic twister stuff was just perfect.

Everything else, hoo boy. This is a very clear example of why Nolan's approach just can't reach past Gotham City. You can't have realistic impact of super powers at that level of literal impact, with literal planes crashing into buildings, and then cavalierly cut to another scene of like Zod and HoloJor calmly debating the future of krypton. Just doesn't work.

And then Lois and Clark make out and drop one liners basically in Ground Zero? That was just grotesque, man.

It just tried to be too many things as far as it's approach to action. Realism? Okay, but them you have totally ethereal shit where Superman flies through gravity beams? And ball bearing tentacles? And like, seriously, Zach. How is there a camera in space that can rack zoom onto a space ship? Who's manning it, Sandy Bullock?

Also, the script in general was pretty dumb from line to line.

A sixty minute movie of Terence Malick's All Star Superman without the calamitously dumb and poorly art directed opening and all the perplexingly uncartoonish violence and destruction would have been much preferable. It's mystifying how all those sequences of Young Clark anguishing about his place in the world that were so poignant and legitimately moving could be in the same film as the one where a literal building came down on a bunch of people and then Clark and Lois made out.

Not much for me this week.

Captain Marvel #2
Iron First #1
Shotgun Wedding #2

Going to pick between Nightcrawler #1 and Shutter #1. I can't keep starting a bunch of new books. :D

For some reason I thought the Sex Criminals TPB was out this week. I really want to get all caught up on that book.

arkon

East Of West #11
FBP Federal Bureau Of Physics #9
Manifest Destiny #6
Secret Avengers #2

possibly picking up doop and iron fist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom