• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dan Slott explains Superior Spider-Man #30 for the people who didn't get it (Bleeding Cool)

Spoilers obviously for those who haven't read it.

I read it, and didn't put that much thought into it. Were people really that confused by what transpired?

It was the most obvious thing in the world, it was also very cleverly done. It solves the problem perfectly and in the internal logic of the story. I can't see how anyone could possibly have been confused with a solution that simple. I'm more shocked that none of us saw it coming.

Onemic

Would any of you guys recommend The Darkness or Witchblade? I know Garth Ennis writes/wrote the former.

Also would any of you recommend Sandman/Swam Thing(Alan Moore run)/Hellblazer?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Iron fist 1..not bad. Nightcrawler 1 not bad....and i just found out wolvie lost his healing factor? This is what happens when you take a break from comics for a while. How did that happen?

Wonder Woman Picks Batman Over Superman (okay... Susan Eisenberg talks about being the voice of WW with IGN)

Just... just let me have this one for tonight, before tomorrow brings with it a soul-crushing reality.

+passes on voice roles that call for Diana to be murderous, excessively violent and/or evil
+all joking aside, seems genuinely bothered by the SMWW status quo in the New52
+uses the 'Moonlighting' analogy when describing the potential of a BMWW dynamic

You can't see it, but I am grinning like an idiot right now. A great big idiot. :D

Toa TAK

Banned
It was the most obvious thing in the world, it was also very cleverly done. It solves the problem perfectly and in the internal logic of the story. I can't see how anyone could possibly have been confused with a solution that simple. I'm more shocked that none of us saw it coming.

Seriously.

Was half-expecting another battle in the mind.

I don't understand how people couldn't "figure it out".

Now we have to fight. You will fight me.

OK I ADMIT I KINDA DIG BELL BOTTOMS PHANTOM GIRL.

PG1.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm not sure what's more interesting. The fact that people are saying Avengers Arena is good when initial reactions seemed to skew the other way with complaints about it being a rip-off of Battle Royale, or the fuss over the Teen Titans #1 cover.

90% of the online bitching about Arena after the series actually started came from a literal handful of people.

ReiGun

I'd buy every issue of a Batman/Wonder Woman run.
Hate WW/SM crap.
I'd like both a SM/WW and BM/WW where it's just her going on adventures with them and no romance.

I don't understand why she needed to be fucking Supes for there to be a team up book. Seems to me like teaming up Superman and Wonder Woman, two of your company's most popular characters, is something you'd just do. Just because, y'know...money.

Messi

I'd like both a SM/WW and BM/WW where it's just her going on adventures with them and no romance.

I don't understand why she needed to be fucking Supes for there to be a team up book. Seems to me like teaming up Superman and Wonder Woman, two of your company's most popular characters, is something you'd just do. Just because, y'know...money.

Your first mistake was expecting rational thinking from dc

Messi

Batman Eternal continues to be a good read and it was nice to see
Most of the bat family and even Catwoman. Really loved the art for her in this issue.
I am enjoying the fact that this book is weekly.

Messi

I don't know about all this relationship talk, but I will say this: I think it's about time for 80s curly haired Wonder Woman to return. None of this straight haired bullshit.

Just finished Batman and Wonder Woman, I really dug it and I really like Gleasons Wonder Woman. Straight hair and everything.
Pissed off Bruce is the best Bruce.

DC, do the right thing and announce a Batman and Wonder Woman book. Give the fans what they want. Fuck this Superman bullshit.

Nah son. Wonder Woman / Booster Gold: The Greatest Romance You've Never Heard Of.

How amazing were Gleasons' 'roidazons, Messi? The previews were something else.

monome

Just finished Batman and Wonder Woman, I really dug it and I really like Gleasons Wonder Woman. Straight hair and everything.
Pissed off Bruce is the best Bruce.

DC, do the right thing and announce a Batman and Wonder Woman book. Give the fans what they want. Fuck this Superman bullshit.

The goddamn Bruce.

Messi

Nah son. Wonder Woman / Booster Gold: The Greatest Romance You've Never Heard Of.

How amazing were Gleasons' 'roidazons, Messi? The previews were something else.

That one Amazon is truly redicilous. Diana looks good most of the time. There were some Wonder Woman panels I will use as an avatar. Gleason has a style and all of his characters are affected by it. Every character looks like a grown up Damien. Except roidazon herself. The lips on her too, no idea how that made it into the book.

Oh and the last page or two of the book were quite touching.

Mumei

Would any of you guys recommend The Darkness or Witchblade? I know Garth Ennis writes/wrote the former.

Also would any of you recommend Sandman/Swam Thing(Alan Moore run)/Hellblazer?

I haven't read Hellblazer, but who wouldn't recommend Sandman or Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing? Unless we somehow missed them as a junior, I guess.

That's not the cover for July, but it will be called Batman and Robin #33 that month, that's what I was saying.

I run that site, and DC puts up incomplete issue pages on their website ahead of time. Also, Robin Rises: Omega #1
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up Batcow!

MooooooooOOOOOOOOO

monome

Omega being the last letter in the greek alphabet, it's not hard to see where it points...

the last clone made out of Bruce/Talia genetic sequences

tim1138

Dug the first issue of Sinestro, I feel like Bunn did his research and has a good grasp on the character. I'm in for the first arc if nothing else.

Kinda weird to see references to FE being over when the last issue is still a month away... Great job keeping Finch on schedule DC!

Rootbeer

Banned
So...
Robin Rises
... will it be Damian? Please be Damian. I know it's cheap to bring him back so soon after his death but, dammit, he's great.

So...
Robin Rises
... will it be Damian? Please be Damian. I know it's cheap to bring him back so soon after his death but, dammit, he's great.

Of all of the possible candidates for a return, Damian's makes the most sense, being the grandchild of Ras and the connection to the Lazarus pits.

monome

Of all of the possible candidates for a return, Damian's makes the most sense, being the grandchild of Ras and the connection to the Lazarus pits.

pretty sure the Omega stands for something that unMorrissons Damian, that and the Secret Origins book point to DC looking forward at undoing Morrison's work and editorial eager to Nu52ify the poor kid.

ElNarez

Banned
pretty sure the Omega stands for something that unMorrissons Damian, that and the Secret Origins book point to DC looking forward at undoing Morrison's work and editorial eager to Nu52ify the poor kid.

Yes, because clearly the fact Batman Inc. ended on two open graves was Morrison saying that those characters were done forever never to be touched by anyone else ever.

Because, clearly, the grandkid of the guy whose deal is that HE NEVER EVER REALLY DIES EVER was going to stay dead forever.

Owzers

Yes, because clearly the fact Batman Inc. ended on two open graves was Morrison saying that those characters were done forever never to be touched by anyone else ever.

Because, clearly, the grandkid of the guy whose deal is that HE NEVER EVER REALLY DIES EVER was going to stay dead forever.

never dying skips 2 generations.

monome

calm down.

Morrison did kill him.
Inc. points to no particular direction as to why the bodies disappeared, and Talia/Rha/Damian relationship is so fucked up you can wonder what the guy WHO NEVER EVER REALLY DIES EVER would want to do with them when he should know the first things either his daughter or grandson would do when back to life is try and kill him.

also fuck DC for not killing Batman in Batman RIP and not killing Damian in Death of the Family. fuck them.

EDIT : et voilà, Robin Rises : Omega One shot official

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52184

prev_img.php

Darkseid, Rha's Al Gul, Batman and the return of a Robin (and confirmation death affects comics characters even tho they don't really die...)

He needs to stay dead despite wishes to the contrary. The character served his purpose in the story he was created for, and that story is over.

So of course DC is going to bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom