• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monome

He needs to stay dead despite wishes to the contrary. The character served his purpose in the story he was created for, and that story is over.

So of course DC is going to bring him back.

adding insult to the outrage by adding Darkseid who can't even kill the Batman...but will probably help shape who this Rising Robin is and what his relation to Batman will be.

Toa TAK

Banned
Superior Spider-Man #31- Gimmie the Omnibus now.

Ha! I knew it was going to be Osborn, but they really went the extra mile with him being the guy who ultimately sets up what Nueva York becomes. It's also great that 2099 is still getting his own book.

I wonder what's going to happen to Marconi after all this. But Jesus, he cannot possibly feel guilty at the ending there for Otto to go out in order for him to save everyone and Anna Maria. He was planning on taking him out in #700 of Amazing.

I'm sure his explanation to The Avengers will be simple as well, everyone is so quick to buy the story (but then again, why wouldn't they?)

It's over now.. sadly. So let's celebrate.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
SSM #31: I was kind of hoping that there'd be a bit more to the
explaining what happened to MJ than "Oh I guess it makes sense that Doc Ock took over your body", I mean, jesus. Imagine having your conciousness wiped out, it's essentially death. She took that very easily.
Was a decent end to the run though. As I've said before I've never read a Spidey title where he's been Peter Parker, so I'm interested in following on from here and seeing what the fallout will be. I've enjoyed SpOck a lot though. Shame to see him go, but obviously it was never going to last forever.

I assume Otto's going to return somehow though, right?

Solicits are out?

Sorry. The interview mentions what the solicit will say.

A week after the one-shot hits, Tomasi and regular series artist Patrick Gleason pick up the threads once more in "Batman and Robin" #33,
which sees the Dark Knight continue to deal with the threat of Damian's grandfather Ra's al Ghul while also introducing Darkseid's minons and Apokalips to the storytelling mix

Superior 31

LMAO @
depowered Norman Osborn kinda walking away briskly from both Spider-Men in a brightly colored outfit and somehow nobody knows where he went. Give me a break.

Old DCU or New52, Damian still dies at the end of that story and bringing him back just because you want to sell some books is still a bad idea.

I like the idea of Damian staying dead, though I'd like to see him back. I guess they could bring Tim back as Robin, since he isn't a Titan anymore or anything.

Old DCU or New52, Damian still dies at the end of that story and bringing him back just because you want to sell some books is still a bad idea.

It'd actually say it makes less sense if Damian didn't eventually come back. I mean seriously, he is the Grandchild of Ras al Ghul. Of any character in comics ever outside of Ras himself, his resurrection would make the most sense.

Even if it was nothing more than a reaction to the desire of fans and readers, who cares?

Jetman

also fuck DC for not killing Batman in Batman RIP and not killing Damian in Death of the Family. fuck them.

True this. And as much as I didn't really want Damian to die, I don't really want to see him get "resurrected". What happened to Carrie Kelly? Was that just one big cock tease or what?

True this. And as much as I didn't really want Damian to die, I don't really want to see him get "resurrected". What happened to Carrie Kelly? Was that just one big cock tease or what?

It's looking like Carrie Kelly is going to
become an Oracle like character
if the hints in Batman #28 pan out.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Superior 31

LMAO @
depowered Norman Osborn kinda walking away briskly from both Spider-Men in a brightly colored outfit and somehow nobody knows where he went. Give me a break.

That was the absolute worst part of the issue and it was an issue full of stuff I didn't like.
For fucks sake. Two Spider-Men, your arch-nemesis, and a city presumably still full of your little surveillance bots, not to mention the mini ones that appeared to be subdermal and you're not gonna bother looking. I get why they had him escape, but at least make it more plausible and have Urich pick him up or something.

Have you read Detective Comics 30?
I was under the impression that there was a good chance it was the motor cross riding daughter.

I don't think that is her, personally, because she doesn't have the same hairstyle. Detective Comics also feels like it has its own story to tell. I don't know if it is going to tie back in like that so quickly? Could be wrong but my gut tells me that Carrie Kelly makes way more sense. She has the opportunity to discover Bruce's secret. Remember she works inside Wayne Manor at the moment.

Hmm, wow- I missed that too. She didn't seem very..."all knowing Oracle-like" in that panel though. Maybe she isn't completely out of the loop for a chance at being Robin.

I really get the impression it'd be some "on the job training". Carrie Kelly seemed pretty tech savvy in her B&R issues so I don't see it being out of the realm that she could take that role and grow into it. But this is all just my speculation.

tim1138

I haven't read that book since the first story arc. I dropped it then because that was one apocalyptically shitty storyline. How is the book now? Because I've been srsly thinking about picking up volumes two and three.

I was in the same boat as you and loved volumes two and three. It pretty much turns into a continuation of Uncanny X-Force with the
Apocalypse Twins
stuff.

ReAxion

Image has digital editions of all their Eisner nominated series on sale. Time to finally see what Rat Queens is all about...

http://imagecomics.com/content/view/eisner-nominees-digital-sale

3hJ3S3Xs.jpg

The ending of SSM was quite literally the worst let-down in comic book history. The entire run led up to this?!

You know why there's so much handwaving? Because it smells like shit

Superior 31

LMAO @

"dear me, would you look at the time!"

Good grief

PsychBat!

Banned
Oh man, I just finished reading Superior Spidey 31,
I'm gonna miss you, Otto. Wonder what's gonna happen to Jonah after he resigned. And Osborn created Alchemax??? It somehow makes sense. Take care of Anna, Peter. And stay away from Liz.

diaspora

RE: Norman in SSM 31-
Norman was crawling with Peter's Spider-Bots/tracers so it wouldn't surprise me if he's tracking him.

Justice League/ Forever Evil it has felt like months. Good to have you back! The Cyborg/Metal Men team-up is back and Mahnke is on art duty and it was an awesome issue. I would read a Cyborg and Metal Men book. I miss having Mahnke on a monthly book and hope something is in the future for him.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
RE: Norman in SSM 31-
Norman was crawling with Peter's Spider-Bots/tracers so it wouldn't surprise me if he's tracking him.

I really hope that's the case, because if not it's painfully incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom