• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Capullo's pencils make all other comics look dull. The amount of detail is just mind blowing. As for the story, what a start to the final arc. Only 3 more issues!

HJF61vP.gif

tumblr_mbidwiC6hS1qh5mzfo2_500.gif

tumblr_mgshtaFLPB1qbfqy0o1_500.gif

Just because I can't wait 5-6 months and need Booster now.

Sadist

Superior Spider-Man #31

"Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a manpurse!" "It's you" Best line in the issue. Norman having a new face and the big brain behind Alchemax surprised me, but overall not to many big surprises. The reactions to Peter's story about him being taken over by Otto were pretty funny. Miguel's reply was funny, MJ's response wasn't that surprising anyway. Guess she's done with Peter until someone takes over from Slott.

Still, I feel for Anna-Maria :( She'll have her heart broken by Peter...

Amazing X-Men #6

Man, I really, really like Jason Aaron's take on the X-Men. Issue didn't offer a lot of OMG moments, but a fun read.
And daaaaw, those final pages. I'm really loving the Nightcrawler/Wolverine bromance. Azazzel still creepy

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are you looking for something free? CLZ-Comics database is supposed to be really good but it's fifteen bucks...

I am ok with paying a couple of bucks, but I dont know if I really want to spent 15$
Main reason is, that I really dont know how big the Database of CLZ is and if I remember correctly, isnt there also a subscription to pay?

diaspora

Superior Spider-Man #31

"Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a manpurse!" "It's you" Best line in the issue. Norman having a new face and the big brain behind Alchemax surprised me, but overall not to many big surprises. The reactions to Peter's story about him being taken over by Otto were pretty funny. Miguel's reply was funny, MJ's response wasn't that surprising anyway. Guess she's done with Peter until someone takes over from Slott.
Good riddance imo
I never liked MJ much.

Still, I feel for Anna-Maria :( She'll have her heart broken by Peter...

Yep. I don't think
Peter was sympathetic towards Otto but it was more that he was sad that he was going to have to break her heart.

For some reason I am drawing a blank on the one with the centipede construct up in the upper left corner, next to Superboy Prime. Who is that? Really bothering me cause I recognize everyone else.

Looks like Karu-Sil to me. I'm glad I'm basically done with Heroclix. I want too many of these and I'm not going to spend a fortune to get them on Ebay since the only way to get boosters is to play in the tournament.

I think it's supposed to be Karu-Sil with her dogs.

Looks like Karu-Sil to me. I'm glad I'm basically done with Heroclix. I want too many of these and I'm not going to spend a fortune to get them on Ebay since the only way to get boosters is to play in the tournament.

Ah, yep. See it now. That's her hair, not a hood. That was what was throwing me off. Thanks for helping me clear it up.

Greg Capullo's pencils make all other comics look dull. The amount of detail is just mind blowing. As for the story, what a start to the final arc. Only 3 more issues!

... 3 more issues until Zero Year is done?!?!
Or are they going to continue Zero Year but just a new arc?

Does anybody here know a App to keeping track of their Comic Collection? Something for iOS-Devices would be great.

CLZ-Comics app is really good. But yes it is $15 bucks.
You can scan the barcodes to enter them, or manually search or enter the title.
you can upload/download to/from "CLZ Cloud" like iCloud .(I have it on my iPad and iPhone) , Downloads all the covers too.

tim1138

I don't even play (or know how to play for that matter) and I want those.

Dysun

Superior Spider-Man
ends with a whimper, Otto giving up and Peter saving the day doesn't feel earned at all.
Oh well, the Nu Norman foreshadowing seems intriguing at least. Although i'm already tired of nice guy Pete apologizing for stuff he didn't even do

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Although i'm already tired of nice guy Pete apologizing for stuff he didn't even do

Well, if you dont like Peter Parker, then you shouldnt read Amazing Spider-Man, but I have to admit, that Dan Slotts guilty Peter is the worst guilty Peter. I hated all these No one dies bullshit in Big Time.

So... I couldn't wait. I just couldn't.

Superior Spider-Man 31:
...That's it? I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or happy.
Am I missing something? Like, the only thing that I noticed was
that kid being all messed up with the goblin juice and how that secured Norman's place in Alchemax or something.
I feel like I skipped issues or ignored something.
Also:
Norman changing faces was swell. lol

So, uh... is that takos nonsense blog that Bleeding Cool is referencing actually legit? Cause they are saying these are the Future's End titles for September:

Action Comics Futures End #1
Aquaman Futures End #1
Aquaman and the Others Futures End #1
Batman Futures End #1
Batman and Robin Futures End #1
Batman/Superman Futures End #1
Batwing Futures End #1
Batgirl Futures End #1
Batwoman Futures End #1
Birds of Prey Futures End #1
Booster Gold Futures End #1
Catwoman Futures End #1
Constantine Futures End #1
Detective Comics Futures End #1
Earth 2 Futures End #1
The Flash Futures End #1
Grayson Futures End #1
Green Arrow Futures End #1
Green Lantern Futures End #1
Green Lantern Corps Futures End #1
Green Lantern New Guardians Futures End #1
Harley Quinn Futures End #1
Infinity Man and the Forever People Futures End #1
Justice League Futures End #1
Justice League Dark Futures End #1
Justice League United Futures End #1
New Suicide Squad Futures End #1
Red Hood and the Outlaws Futures End #1
Red Lanterns Futures End #1
Star Spangled War Stories Futures End #1
Sinestro Futures End #1
Superboy Futures End #1
Supergirl Futures End #1
Superman Futures End #1
Superman/Wonder Woman Futures #1
Swamp Thing Futures End #1
Teen Titans Futures End #1
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #1
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger Futures End #1
Wonder Woman Futures End #1
Worlds’ Finest Futures End #1

These are Annuals in August

Action Comics Annual #3
Aquaman Annual #2
Detective Comics Annual #3
Red Lanterns Annual #1
Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

Upcoming Books.
Grayson #1
Star-Spangled War Stories featuring G.I. Zombie #1
Teen Titans #1
New Suicide Squad #1
Robin Rises: Omega #1
Batman and Robin #33
Harley Quinn Invades Comic Con #1

And missing from September?

Justice League 3000
All-Star Western
Secret Origins

tim1138

So, uh... is that takos nonsense blog that Bleeding Cool is referencing actually legit? Cause they are saying these are the Future's End titles for September:

These are Annuals in August

Upcoming Books.

And missing from September?

When there's leaks that are correct, they come from tako. Dude somehow knows how to get into the back end of DC's webpage and poke around.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If Justice League 3000 really is getting canceled...

bye-b.gif

It seems pretty plausible that it just doesn't make sense to do a Future's End tie-in with that book. Assuming that list is true or complete.

Not all books received Villains tie-ins last year.

tim1138

It seems pretty plausible that it just doesn't make sense to do a Future's End tie-in with that book. Assuming that list is true or complete.

Yeah it'd be hard to do a tie in for a book that takes place 1000 years in the future.

Bro...

DON'T RUIN THIS MOMENT FOR ME BRO.

God damnit. I don't need logic right now. I need sweet, smug satisfaction and you took that away from me.

Oh to dream. </3

ElNarez

Banned
X-Force #3 was so good you guys. Psylocke getting shit done, cameos from friends from X-Men Legacy, and an incredible running gag. It's just a great fucking comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom