• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
New Original Sin teasers:

Everybody-Has-One-4f3d7.jpg
Everybody-Has-One-fb461.jpg

Spider-Man and Daredevil, respectively.

zeeaykay

So Elektra #1: Wonderful art, seriously something special. BUT, a little lackluster in the story department.

I kind of agree about the story. However, I'd liked the voice for Elektra and that other female character that she's working for. Nothing was offensive, and with art like that I'll keep reading until the story drags.

Matt's mom was a nun, but considering you can't become one until your children are adults and she was never really in Matt's life, I imagine the sin they're referring to is abandoning her child.

So Elektra #1: Wonderful art, seriously something special. BUT, a little lackluster in the story department.

It's a #1, I'm always willing to let those slide on story. If they actually included enough pages in comics these days to launch a title, Marvel would charge us $4.99 for the privelage.

Huh, is that what Original Sin's about?

The storyline proper is more of a murder mystery. Someone kills the Watcher and scoops out his eyeballs.

Spider-Man has his very own bible verse. Book of Benjamin 1:1. I'm sure it'll play a more prominent role in that story than most/all of these others.

It was kind of skipped over when I posted earlier but have there been any recent Deadpool runs worthy of note?

Mainly the new Marvel Now! version or whatever. I missed out on all the Deadpool Corps and everything that went on with that as well. Is any of it worthy of being picked up?

It was kind of skipped over when I posted earlier but have there been any recent Deadpool runs worthy of note?

Mainly the new Marvel Now! version or whatever. I missed out on all the Deadpool Corps and everything that went on with that as well. Is any of it worthy of being picked up?

I can't vouch for it, but when it comes up people usually say the new Deadpool is pretty fun if you can endure its mediocre opening arc.

Original Sin #0 was interesting. Pretty cool for the start of an event to be so new reader friendly. I'm on board for my first Marvel event even though events have pretty much get old too quick and don't move fast enough. Let's see how it goes.

Cheska

You guys should seriously check out the Fuse. I know Freeze has been reading it with me, but man, it's a damn fine book!

Shot in the dark but have you read Uncanny X-Force? If not, read that, some could argue that Deadpool is the star of the show.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
You guys should seriously check out the Fuse. I know Freeze has been reading it with me, but man, it's a damn fine book!

Yo, I checked out the first issue when it came out. Enjoyed the premise despite feeling the first issue was light on content. #2 came out today?

SoilBreak

Banned

Marvel Now! Deadpool is good.

Cheska

Yo, I checked out the first issue when it came out. Enjoyed the premise despite feeling the first issue was light on content. #2 came out today?

Issue 3 came out today. It's a shame Image books don't come with a digital code, I'd give it to you to check out.

Read all 12 of my books and Uncanny Avengers was my book of the week. Remender is awesome.

Top 5

5. Red Lanterns
4. All-New Invaders
3. Batman Eternal
2. Justice League United
1. Uncanny Avengers

Biggest surprise was The Flash #30. The book was quality and was a fight for my 5th spot on the list up there. I was not disappointed by any of my books this week and that's awesome.

Top 5 and Flash, Fantastic 4, Daredevil, Original Sin, Elektra, Aquaman, and even a Lobdell written Superman were entertaining. Today was a good day.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Issue 3 came out today. It's a shame Image books don't come with a digital code, I'd give it to you to check out.

Ah, thanks for the thought! Man, I totally lost track of Fuse--I'm going to try to track down the second issue before I cop the third. Otherwise, I'm going to have to trade-wait this one.

yessssss, my X-Statix omnibus arrived today. It's pretty friggin beautiful but it's also fuckin big. lies flat when you open it though so reading it should not be an issue

Filthy Slug

yessssss, my X-Statix omnibus arrived today. It's pretty friggin beautiful but it's also fuckin big. lies flat when you open it though so reading it should not be an issue

The binding is stellar. Now, just add All New Doop to your pull-list already!

frye

Elektra #1: it's not fair comparing it to a comic that doesn't exist but hopefully my boy Zeb gets his shot at the character again one day with someone as good as del Mundo. This isn't bad at all but it does make mistake numero uno for Elektra comics and also: the obsession with flappers? Kinda annoying!

Uncanny Avengers #19: maintains its status as the only essential monthly superhero comic as superhero comic (Daredevil is good but it's never "I gotta read this now" good). Pound for pound The Best.

Psylocke and Fantomex are the stars of the show. Deadpool is the comic relief. He's great in it but not really in the spotlight much.

I said some could argue. I would say he had the most character development. His moment with Evan at the end would have never happened at the beginning of the book. Fantomex would be a close second.

I didn't even know the Marvel solicits were up for July. Alias omnibus reprint? Yes please!

EDIT: rofl, great minds, and all that.

On the count of three, name your favorite dinosaur. Don't even think about it. Just name it. Ready? One, two, three.

Who's getting the Crawl Space Omnibus with me?

I said some could argue. I would say he had the most character development. His moment with Evan at the end would have never happened at the beginning of the book. Fantomex would be a close second.

Such a great moment this was the closet we got to a Joe Kelly interpretation in a while.

100th Anniversary Specials? Did i miss an announcement?

YO JAMES STOKOE DRAWING AVENGERS THOUGH

there's a lot in these solicits gettin' me stoked. Ron Wimberly doing an issue of She Hulk? Skottie Young doing a Rocket Raccoon series? Alan Davis doing a Hulk book? shiiiiiiiii man. I guess that Ron Lim/Dean White GOTG book isn't until August then, though. Saw a print of what it'd look like at wondercon and it looks pretty tight
The binding is stellar. Now, just add All New Doop to your pull-list already!
i forgot about that book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom