• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About The Walking Dead #126

So.......instead of killing Negan, you're going to keep him in jail till he dies and basically torture him with your success. That's not civilized Rick, that's some fucked up shit. If you're not going to rehabilitate him, then just put him out of his misery. I hope Rick's whole group dies now and we get a new one cus I'm getting tired of these damn characters.

So.......instead of killing Negan, you're going to keep him in jail till he dies and basically torture him with your success. That's not civilized Rick, that's some fucked up shit. If you're not going to rehabilitate him, then just put him out of his misery. I hope Rick's whole group dies now and we get a new one cus I'm getting tired of these damn characters.

I hated this issue. Just hated it. All-Out War had its moments but overall it was quite the letdown.

Rick's justification for sparing Negan reeked of cop-out. It didn't make any fucking sense at all. Typical "let's all have the characters do something they wouldn't do so I don't have to throw out this character I've grown so fond of" lazy storyteller bullshit

I hated this issue. Just hated it. All-Out War had its moments but overall it was quite the letdown.

Rick's justification for sparing Negan reeked of cop-out. It didn't make any fucking sense at all. Typical "let's all have the characters do something they wouldn't do so I don't have to throw out this character I've grown so fond of" lazy storyteller bullshit

After all the times Rick's tried to kill him, all of a sudden he wants him alive, and he decides slicing Negan's throat would be the best option to do so???? Kirkman is dicking with us all

Went to the LCS to get a short box I forgot to get yesterday and bought myself something fun. ASM from the year and month of my birth. Jan. 1982

BmAUKl3CAAARNDC.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I have NO IDEA where Earth X is going. I'm on issue 9. It's pretty wild and I'm really enjoying it.

PsychBat!

Banned
pffft Reading Original Sin #0 made me realize that Waid should replace Hickman on New Avengers. All that's happening in the coming months is the Illuminati destroying other Earths and dealing with their own turmoil. And the LT is comatose? No one's talking about it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What comes after Earth X? Buddy of mine said there were two more stories after. I'm having my mind blown, on 11 now. Loving it.

fauxtrot

Banned

All Out War? More like All Out Bore! Heh heh...

But seriously, what a waste of a story for a double-shipped 12 issue arc. This was basically the comic book version of TWD season 3... hype up this huge battle and have it end in the least satisfying way possible
so the villain can live just a little while longer

Anybody want to talk about All-New Invaders with me? Did you not fall in love with this team this issue? How can you not like Robinson writing this with a Golden Age feel with modern vibrant art that just pops off the page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jeezus, the whole understanding of why Uatu interfered...hot fucks.

All Out War? More like All Out Bore! Heh heh...

But seriously, what a waste of a story for a double-shipped 12 issue arc. This was basically the comic book version of TWD season 3... hype up this huge battle and have it end in the least satisfying way possible
so the villain can live just a little while longer

Gregory's gonna run in and win their first elections with a
Kill Nick and Regan, execute both of those assholes
platform

Owzers

can someone spoil anything interesting in Original Sin #0, with spoiler marks for people of course? I am in for #1 onwards but i tend to skip #0 issues.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh wow, I assumed he was just a fill in. His art is dope as fuck. I still gotta read Prince of Cats

Yeah you do. I tried pimping it when it came out. It's honestly brilliant. Art is..well, just look at any Wimberly piece. Writing is spectacular--he uses iambic pentameter but all of the dialogue and narrative is his own, mixing ebonics and all that good shit with Shakespearean verse.

She-Hulk with Wimberly is going to be absurd.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
can someone spoil anything interesting in Original Sin #0, with spoiler marks for people of course? I am in for #1 onwards but i tend to skip #0 issues.

You didn't really miss anything. It's like reading an issue of Nova rather than the start of a major event.
Nova makes friends with the Watcher, who at the end breaks his code and actually tells Nova that his father is alive when asked. Nova also notices that the reason why the Watcher...watches...is to try to find a reality where choices made by his own father eons in the past (watching others but not acting) turn out differently. In every reality watched, that event in particular is always the same.

Messi

Oh shit, new artist on She-Hulk -- Ron Wimberly of Prince of Cats!

This guy is awesome:

Pulidos faces tho....

Catwoman 30: I first have to say what a privilage it was to read a book crafted by a current day Shakespeare .What a complete shit show. Just when it looks like we are going to get back to having a somewhat realistic story they go in the completely opposite direction. Nocenti's dialog is really painful to read as line after line fails to deliver any emotion or punch. The first few pages are just mindless filler only to be erased with one panel. Get rid of Nocenti and while they are at it put a new artist on the book. I really dislike this rendition of Selina.

At least all of the pages were coloured in properly. That has to count for something I suppose.

2/10

Wiseblade

Pulidos faces tho....

Catwoman 30: I first have to say what a privilage it was to read a book crafted by a current day Shakespeare .What a complete shit show. Just when it looks like we are going to get back to having a somewhat realistic story they go in the completely opposite direction. Nocenti's dialog is really painful to read as line after line fails to deliver any emotion or punch. The first few pages are just mindless filler only to be erased with one panel. Get rid of Nocenti and while they are at it put a new artist on the book. I really dislike this rendition of Selina.

At least all of the pages were coloured in properly. That has to count for something I suppose.

2/10
WHY ARE YOU READING IT

Nova goes to ask The Watcher why he does what he does. Watcher shows him some story how their race failed at advancing the intellect and culture of a primitive race because they blew each other up. Watchers father takes the blame and it hurts the Watcher to see his dad suffering. So he watches the multiverse for any reality where his father would be right. Correlation between Nova and The Watcher as Novas dad was a drunk who spouted off that he use to be a Nova. No one believed him. Little more subtle things, art was amazing.

Wiseblade

I just love Catwoman :( it hurts though.

Especially this one. Every month is a cycle leading up to hope and optimism come release day. This issue I own twice now as I bought digital last night because of the delay but didn't get a chance to read it. Then picked up the floppy today. So essentially I paid €7 for this shitshow.
Then I hope you get the Nocenti Catwoman you clearly crave for all of time.

Pulidos faces tho....

2/10

What aspect of this work of art earned it at least two points? ;)

I successfully dropped 2 books from my pull at the LCS. I dropped Batman/Superman and Inhuman. B/S because I already pull a ton of Bman and Supes and Inhuman because I don't think it's going to keep a schedule.

Messi

What aspect of this work of art earned it at least two points? ;)

Getting all the colours inside the lines is 1 and 2 is that all of the pages were held nicely by the staples.

Edit: I'm dropping Inhuman also as I didn't dig the first issue and I don't care for it.

Messi

I wanted to cleanse myself of that book so I went on Comixology to find Gotham City Sirens. $1.99 per issue for 26 issues. Bit pricy if I wanted it all. Shame there are no bundles or trades.

I wanted to cleanse myself of that book so I went on Comixology to find Gotham City Sirens. $1.99 per issue for 26 issues. Bit pricy if I wanted it all. Shame there are no bundles or trades.
It's getting recollected in bigger paperbacks in the fall. Has the first 13 issues.

Wiseblade

Don't you hope I get a good Catwoman book? I never harmed anyone, I just want my second favourite character to be treated well by a creator.
Then don't support serrible authors that butcher the character. If you're buying NocentiWoman issues twice because you're that eager to own it, then you clearly enjoy it more than you let on.

Being a Selina Kyle fan doesn't stop you from reading an old run that's true to the character. If you really want her off the book, take catwoman off your pull list and write to her editor explaining that Nocenti's potrayal is not only poorly received but could damage the value of the character if left to continue. It might be a drop in the ocean, but the ocean is made of droplets.

But instead you pay to disappoint yourself for over two years and whine about it on the internet. Clearly you prefer that to having a good Catwoman book.

ReiGun

Messi's ongoing adventures with NocentiWoman is one of my favorite parts of the thread every month. I hope it never ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom