• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated this issue. Just hated it. All-Out War had its moments but overall it was quite the letdown.

Rick's justification for sparing Negan reeked of cop-out. It didn't make any fucking sense at all. Typical "let's all have the characters do something they wouldn't do so I don't have to throw out this character I've grown so fond of" lazy storyteller bullshit

All-Out War reminded me of a few of Marvel's big events. An ambitious story that could have been less drawn-out and completed in half as many issues. As you said, AOW had it's moments, but most of it was fairly boring. And that 2-page "I believe in Rick Grimes" spread was groan-worthy.

Hopefully the cover of the next issue is indicative of a bunch of new characters. I'd LOL if it took us to a completely different part of the country, too.

Messi

I was surprised to find today that Walking Dead is still a 2.99 book. I'd assume Image could get 3.99 if they wanted. Wouldn't want them to but curious as to why they don't.

PsychBat!

Banned
Then don't support serrible authors that butcher the character. If you're buying NocentiWoman issues twice because you're that eager to own it, then you clearly enjoy it more than you let on.

Being a Selina Kyle fan doesn't stop you from reading an old run that's true to the character. If you really want her off the book, take catwoman off your pull list and write to her editor explaining that Nocenti's potrayal is not only poorly received but could damage the value of the character if left to continue. It might be a drop in the ocean, but the ocean is made of droplets.

But instead you pay to disappoint yourself for over two years and whine about it on the internet. Clearly you prefer that to having a good Catwoman book.

So you're complaining about Messi's whining and buying of the book?

Messi

So you're complaining about Messi's whining and buying of the book?

I can't argue anything he says. It's all true I know it is but I can't bring myself to drop it. But people shouldn't assume I don't read those older runs. I do. Selina didn't become one of my favs by the stories told in the new 52.

I was surprised to find today that Walking Dead is still a 2.99 book. I'd assume Image could get 3.99 if they wanted. Wouldn't want them to but curious as to why they don't.

They probably make so much more between all the collected editions they sell to TV show fans who need their fix, the single issues don't matter that much.

I can't argue anything he says. It's all true I know it is but I can't bring myself to drop it. But people shouldn't assume I don't read those older runs. I do. Selina didn't become one of my favs by the stories told in the new 52.

If you really love Selina, then you'd drop the book instead of watching her get dragged through the mud. If you keep buying it, the DC top brass will think "oh! It's selling well! Let's keep Nocenti on it!"

The nightmare will never end this way.

ReAxion

I'll argue the point about what you prefer for you. You'd prefer a good Catwoman book, but since that's not an option, you're doing this.

I hope I love a character that much one day.
ipCoYtC.gif

tim1138

Fellow podcast people - if we ever actually get this off the ground I know an indie creator who we could probably get as a guest on the show at some point.

eew $4 20 page books. I don't buy any of those unless they are discounted so I'd drop it in a heartbeat if they raised the price. It would probably make them a bunch of money though.

Boogiepop

Okay guys. I've been waffling back and forth throughout the month so I'll ask one last time: does IST cycle these company sales like they're having now for IDW frequently, as in one will probably show up again in a few months? Or is it a buy now or else type situation?

Also, the issues in TMNT Classics are the stuff from the original run but not by the creators (whose stuff is in the Ultimate Collections), right? Is that stuff worth going all in for now if I enjoyed the Ultimate Collections? Or should I pick it off bit by bit?

Voror

Sorry for the double post!

Thor and Loki have a sister?????

I could be wrong, but didn't they imply that Frigga and Odin finally had a child at the end of the last Thor run? I didn't read that one much beyond Everything Burns when it crossed over with Journey Into Mystery?

Messi

Thinking about getting the Catwoman and Batwoman trades for my girlfriend to let her give those a try. What do you guys think?

Batwoman yes

Catwoman no. Get her Brubakers run on Catwoman, it's the best Catwoman run. The current Catwoman book is for bad people with horrible taste. Avoid.

Batwoman yes

Catwoman no. Get her Brubakers run on Catwoman, it's the best Catwoman run. The current Catwoman book is for bad people with horrible taste. Avoid.

K, thanks. I have a few Batwoman issues, but I think the trades will be better for her.
I'll check out the older Catwoman, then. She only has the #1 issue from the new 52, so it's not too hard to drop.
Also, UGH. It appears that I have lost some older issues I had. Can't find my Static Shock trade and some Spider Man stuff. I feel like sticking to digital. :/

Okay guys. I've been waffling back and forth throughout the month so I'll ask one last time: does IST cycle these company sales like they're having now for IDW frequently, as in one will probably show up again in a few months? Or is it a buy now or else type situation?

Also, the issues in TMNT Classics are the stuff from the original run but not by the creators (whose stuff is in the Ultimate Collections), right? Is that stuff worth going all in for now if I enjoyed the Ultimate Collections? Or should I pick it off bit by bit?

I've only been visiting IST for a few months but so far it seems like they have a monthly sale at a time. I wouldn't worry too much about it, they'll eventually have a certain publisher on sale again.

Messi

K, thanks. I have a few Batwoman issues, but I think the trades will be better for her.
I'll check out the older Catwoman, then. She only has the #1 issue from the new 52, so it's not too hard to drop.
Also, UGH. It appears that I have lost some older issues I had. Can't find my Static Shock trade and some Spider Man stuff. I feel like sticking to digital. :/

Ah so she is at the peak of the Catwoman new 52 run. People here can vouch for my status as the guy to ask about New 52 Catwoman and it's 'writers'

Brubakers Catwoman is 3 trades of wonderfulness

Mumei

Mine was from Jet Pack Comics and they shipped it in perfect condition.

Mine just arrived today, and the packaging was great. I was worried at first because the box was so large, but when I opened it the box was stuffed full of padding. I'm quite happy.

In related news, the difference between the Planetary Omnibus and the Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus in terms of binding is night and day. And I've heard this is a consistent issue for DC Omnibus editions. Why doesn't DC insist on making prestige editions that you can actually open up and lay flat before page 238? They can do it with their Absolute editions, so I don't see why they suddenly become incompetent for the Omnibus line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom