• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

frye

\

Do you know or have you met him? I think I'll have to contact him privately to get something done because I have an idea that I think he'd do well with.

ah no, I just thought his take on that Kelley Jones, hunched over, beast of a man batman was cool

See, 'cause that's the kind of stuff I hated.

Maybe I'll give it another shot, I dunno. Where does this "uncle Doom" stuff come from/start?

The secret with hickman's FF/N.A. is reading it to understand why reed, tony and tchalla are the biggest, most self-deceiving pricks in the marvel universe.

Read those to hate them and see them fail.

I mean, we talking about a guy that bashed namor for saving his own children and wife.

Messi

Will I just assume Secret Wars means the end for the Black Widow solo title? I really want it to continue, Noto included.

Vibranium

Banned
Will I just assume Secret Wars means the end for the Black Widow solo title? I really want it to continue, Noto included.

Well I want Noto to stay on Widow, but I think a new writer might be a good shake up for the series. Maybe get a female writer.

Messi

Well I want Noto to stay on Widow, but I think a new writer might be a good shake up for the series. Maybe get a female writer.

I wouldn't be against a new writer. Maybe someone who can lighten the tone every once in a while. She always seems to be utterly depressed and under a mountain of shit.

Sandfox

I'm confident that it will come back since Marvel is already ending and replacing 33 books and Black Widow is above what I would consider to be Marvel's baseline for cancellation.

I wouldn't be against a new writer. Maybe someone who can lighten the tone every once in a while. She always seems to be utterly depressed and under a mountain of shit.

Such is the life of a spy. At least in Brubaker's Winter Soldier series, she always had him around for sexy times and cuddling.

Anyone listen to any comic podcasts? I'd like to add one to my podcast catalogue, but I'm curious to see if there are any genuine "Check this shit out" ones out there.

Samnee posted this on Tumblr:
tumblr_nn4x8a80gZ1t1xi2ao1_1280.jpg

Messi

Such is the life of a spy. At least in Brubaker's Winter Soldier series, she always had him around for sexy times and cuddling.

I don't mind the tone being dark most of the time. I know thats alot to do with her character. But she never seems to have a break in this book. Let alone sexytimes. When is the last time she had sexytimes? not in this book. Only lighthearted moment was
Clint getting hit with the car, but that was lighthearted for the reader not for Nat.
. She is even depressing when she talks to her cat.

Messi

I don't mean to imply all I want for Natasha is sexytimes. I would very much like her to have a friend. Thats what I hoped the X-23 issue was going to partially deal with but it totally didn't.

Reading comments from Moebius about his work on Silver Surfer: Parable

Crazy how insecure he was about his work in it. seems like the Marvel method of old was pretty alien to him and he found it difficult to work that way.

Really interesting stuff from the guy I would consider the greatest

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only 1 more issue of Superior Foes left (on MU that is) :(

Reading comments from Moebius about his work on Silver Surfer: Parable

Crazy how insecure he was about his work in it. seems like the Marvel method of old was pretty alien to him and he found it difficult to work that way.

Really interesting stuff from the guy I would consider the greatest

You want insecure you should read any Ann Nocenti interview. Bless her.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Now, the sleeper hit of the con. Brian Soriano (https://www.facebook.com/wrathcomics) was on the corner of a row with no one in front of his booth; he was too focused drawing a commission. So I look through his profile and his pencils are fuckin amazing. I'm kind of looking around and glanced over at his commissions' list and there was only one person on there. How the heck can one guy with such talent be looked over? I talked with him a bit and praised his work and he's the most humble dude ever. I asked how much was he charging for a commission and he says $25 for a bust. Sounds like a deal to me. But what I received in return was nothing short of spectacular (and way more than a bust):

Wow. That Batman commission he did is incredible! Love his style.

I really enjoyed reading your post. Glad you had a great time at the con!
Just a few more months until SDCC!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Great, seems like there started a big boycott against Disney movies because Disney wants to much money... Welp :(((( Avengers to the rescue! :(

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Seems like Disney rised prices for movie rentals for cinemas and the cinema alliance of my state started a boycott for all Disney movies (Idiots, you will get enough money from popcorn and soda and you cant tell me that from the 48€ my buddy and me are going to spend for this evening you wont get the most). So there are a lot of cinemas who wont show Age of Ultron and Star Wars 7.

I just called them but it seems that they will show Age of Ultron on my cinema... Phew....)

Just a short panic attack caused through the hype :D

Tizoc

28€ for the tickets, 20€ for 2x the 1,5 litre soda and the XXL Popcorn. Its expensive but if you compare the pices you go cheap along with the snacks.

28 eur for 2 tickets is like 50% more than the average ticket price here.
I wanna book for Avengers 2 but I want to watch it on the better movie theater, and that one won't let me book tickets til next week D;

OK I fell off comics for like a month and now I read on line that young time displaced Iceman is gay but older Iceman is straight? How the hell does that work?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah... I don't thing sexuality works that way.
I know a person who was into men as a teenager and now is married to a woman and has kids and everything. And he woulndt label himself as bi.
I have to admit that I dont know what happens in their bedroom and I know the person only through the web, but he doesnt seem like he would lie.

Not to imply with that anything on this shady stuff from people who claim that gay people can be "healed" is true, but I would be surprised when people couldnt chsnge their sexual preferences.

Edit: I hope everybody gets me right on this and dont understand me wrong.

Squire

Banned
Sexuality is fluid. You can't make someone change. Thy can't force themselves to either. But naturally? It can and does happen all the time.

Is that the spoiler stuff from earlier? I guess some earlier issues in the series could hint at that being the case if you read them a certain way.

I really don't think it's s big deal at all.
Drake is Drake.

KingV

The secret with hickman's FF/N.A. is reading it to understand why reed, tony and tchalla are the biggest, most self-deceiving pricks in the marvel universe.

Read those to hate them and see them fail.

I mean, we talking about a guy that bashed namor for saving his own children and wife.

Yeah. I really like that portrayal of them. It's like they're pretending to be heroes. It's a very different spin on the characters.

I knew I was wise to hold off buying the pre Alan Moore run of Saga of the Swamp Thing!

It's a part of this week's Convergence week 3 sale, it's just got me hyped for the Len Wein issue tomorrow!

Also, is it wrong to amend my Marvel reading list based on how my characters on Marvel Puzzle Quest are doing? I do believe I am losing my grip on reality!

Top Bottom