• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

MG310

When are tickets supposed to go on sale this year? I really hope I can manage to not sit in the cue for hours and hours and still only end up being able to get a thursday only ticket because everything else is sold out.

Not until after Special Edition NYC in June since people going to that get first crack at 4 Day tickets.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Random Multiversity observations after reading through it all again. The Transmatter cubes are Nix Uotan's Rubik's Cube, this is made pretty obvious in the Guidebook and Ultra Comics issues. In the opening pages of Ultra Comics, Ultra has the same red and blue eyes of the Ultraman/Superman controlled Thought Robot from the Superman Beyond issues of Final Crisis. When Hitler meets baby Overman for the first time, his baby talk can pretty easily be interpreted as saying "Weeja Dell". Weeja Dell was a Monitor and Nix's love interest in Final Crisis.
So Multiversity, a real story of a real Multiversal threat, or simply the fever dreams of a depressed kid who had his heart broken?

If this is THAT TYPE of follow-up to Final Crisis, I'd be super happy.

Tizoc

Is some jigga badmouthing Frank Quitely?
http://giant.gfycat.com/UncomfortableOrangeFugu.webm

Have Frank Q. pin-up goodness, scrubs
3421.jpg

Arksy

So I binged on fables, yes, all 149 issues over the weekend when I was sick.

One question:
Is it me or is there literally zero plot after they reclaim the homelands from Gepetto?

Messi

So sad I didn't get to buy the Ally or Lisa sketches Sejic posted on Facebook. I was 2nd to ask for Lisa 2 mins after he posted :(

Should I bother tracking down that Flex Mentallo run?

Also that Iceman OT thread is going a whole lot better than i expected. Bah, no fun.

Owzers

I just saw the All-New X-Men #40 spoiler thingy because of the OT.

Wow. Not just the development but that page, that glorious page. I think i skimmed past it here because i didn't want to be spoiled on All new since i read it on MU eventually, but wowwwwwwwwww.

Yeah, the descriptions people gave of it on here did not do it justice. "Full gay," oof.

I think you're right. Redesign for the better though, IMO.

Dunno what it is about disembodied heads that are alive but I hate it. Think there's a teen titans panel where Superboy barges into Cyborg doing maintenance and it's just his head. Blegh. Same shit in the new robo cop movie. Think he has been mostly robot. Trying to remember how much was left after grid separated from him.

Busaiku

Is Miguel gonna be in Secret Wars 2099 or Spider Verse or Spider Island or something else?
The 2099 covers don't have him appearing at all, and he's back in 2014 now, so I'm confused.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
July solicitations for Image

No sign of Tokyo Ghost :(

But there's another new Ales Kot ongoing:

ZvxE5wA.jpg

WOLF #1
STORY: ALES KOT
ART / COVER: MATT TAYLOR

COLORS: LEE LOUGHRIDGE
JULY 22 / 64 PAGES / FC / M / $4.99
Bestselling new star writer ALES KOT teams up with white-hot artist MATT TAYLOR and DEADLY CLASS colorist extraordinaire LEE LOUGHRIDGE for an all-new ONGOING SERIES! The crime noir thrills and characters reminiscent of True Detective meet with mythical stakes worthy of Neil Gaiman's Sandman in this original fantasy/horror/crime saga for mature readers. Antoine Wolfe, a hard-boiled paranormal detective with a death wish, has to cope with sudden responsibility for an orphaned teenage girl who might be the key to the impending apocalypse, California-style. The road to hell and back begins in a MAX-SIZED FIRST ISSUE, with fifty-eight pages of story and no ads!

I'm gonna be very tempted to double dip on that East of West hardcover.

Messi

Giant sized artist edition of Black Science. So down for that. Oh and its 19.99 awesome.

East of west hardcover of the first year. Yessss

Red One is getting a hardcover freeza!

Messi

This made me chuckle

KAPTARA #4
STORY: CHIP ZDARSKY

ART / COVER: KAGAN McLEOD

JULY 22 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

•Our hero finds a way home, but it’s only issue four so that seems suspect.

•A perfect jumping-on point for people who love to collect “issue fours!”

Cherp Zerkzky is pretty funny.

Also the 2nd XXX cover of Sex criminals is priced at 4.69 lol.

--

These two covers are lovely (Please stay on rat queens forever Sejic)

Saga solicit is very ominous

--

Very interested in the new Kot book. The cover looks great.

finally, Island and Bloodstrike

BLOODSTRIKE #1
STORY / ART / COVERS A & D: ROB LIEFELD

COVER B: DAN FRAGA

COVER C: KARL ALTSTAETTER

JULY 8 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

X-Force, Cable, and Deadpool creator ROB LIEFELD returns to comics with a new ONGOING series, a lively romp that reveals a more mature side to LIEFELD than fans have previously experienced. A new recruit to the Bloodstrike program (his identity as a mystery man from the historical Extreme Universe soon to be revealed!) struggles on a covert mission and loses his life as well as his junk to the mysterious TRAGEDY ANN!

Also, is Chrononauts more than 4 issues?

also not sure how I feel about an american writer appropriating canadian culture for commercial purposes tbh
the new BKV? I'd never even heard about it before right now

frye

finally, Island and Bloodstrike

Also, is Chrononauts more than 4 issues?

the new BKV? I'd never even heard about it before right now

yeah, it was announced at the latest Image Expo actually. I'm kind of interested out of curiosity but otoh I've fallen off BKV again after a minute of liking Saga

also cool Island, hope to see more Multiple Warheads (lol)

Top Bottom