• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

PsychBat!

Banned
BUUUT, I was on the other side of the fence when it came to that Batgirl variant. And there was a lot of goalpost shifting in that thread that lead to a couple of bans.

It's a stupid ass term. It's basically used to dismiss anyone who may have issues with the comics industry or creators within the industry.
yup, also used to dismiss all of tumblr!
I feel like y'all are talking about me right the heck now.

So here's a great piece about Those All-New X-Men #40 spoilers, and why they would fucking suck for someone like me. Spoilers aplenty, once more.
that's where i saw full context. it is bad!

Sothpaw

So we have a young
Iceman
is gay but older
Iceman
isn't gay. Not exactly something you just change your mind on.

Also what in the fuck is up with the post Secret Wars New Avengers lineup? Earth's mightiest...sure thing.

Messi

I think we need to go start SunstoneGAF.

I am down. But I am sure we would get shut down so fast for lewdness.

Wow I'm so glad I keep getting all of these Sunstone pages on Facebook. They're so cheap too!

3zCgKmr.gif

Still hurts. I was so close :(

Messi

god DAMNIT I knew I shouldn't have closed my facebook account now I gotta wait for the 29th

Sejic sold 2 A4 sketches he did. One of Ally and one of Lisa. they were from his collection of stuff and he sold them for $100. They were up for 3 mins. I sent a message on 3 mins to get either and he had sold them already.

here is the lisa sketch, it didnt have the text on it.

BM_66_Cv25.jpg

BATMAN ‘66 #25
Written by JEFF PARKER and GABE SORIA
Art by JESSE HAMM and TY TEMPLETON
Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
On sale JULY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E • DIGITAL FIRST
Driven mad by the Clown Prince of Crime’s “Joker Wave,” The Joker’s former prison doctor enters the Caped Crusader’s Rogues Gallery as The Harlequin! Then, a team of Batman’s greatest enemies takes over an advertising agency to create a new public image for themselves. But the agency has a new temp working for them…none other than Barbara Gordon, young daughter of Gotham City’s police commissioner!
I wonder which actress they got for the part..?

I feel like y'all are talking about me right the heck now.

So here's a great piece about Those All-New X-Men #40 spoilers, and why they would fucking suck for someone like me. Spoilers aplenty, once more.
Thought this was gonna be Andy Wheelers piece on it.
I dont think Bendis is using O5 Jean as a mouthpiece for his thoughts on it. At least I hope not. Jean's behavior and what she says in what we've seen is pretty bad but I've heard worse from teenage girls. In fact, I've heard worse from people who should know better.

Bendis will probably just write that Xavier mindwiped him into being straight and that's that.

I feel like Xavier is one of those characters that slowly becomes more and more of a bad person over time. Like, any time something scummy happens with at the school or with the X-Men.

"Yeah, Xavier did it."
"But that was like, super awful."
"Yup."
"He's still the leader?"
"Yup."

Pls mark your spoilers, do not just pop in with a post that is just spoiler tags unless it's your response to spoilers. How the hell am I supposed to know what you're talking about? It could be anything. It takes two seconds to just say "hey spoilers for ____ #x."

I'm not particularly sensitive to spoilers, but be considerate.

I feel like Xavier is one of those characters that slowly becomes more and more of a bad person over time. Like, any time something scummy happens with at the school or with the X-Men.

"Yeah, Xavier did it."
"Yup."
"He's still the leader?"
"Yup."

The real fun part is that, if the mindwipe trick is how the writer decides to "fix" continuity when returning them to the past, then McCoy will be delivering their younger selves into the hands of an absolute monster.

fauxtrot

Banned
Having a sinus infection thanks to the ultra-dry, pollen-ridden drought conditions in Sacramento sucks big time... but I did read the first 10 issues of All-Star Superman and it has been an absolute joy. Morrison gets what Supes is all about and I hope we eventually see a version similar to this one on the big screen one day.

And that one famous suicide-rescue page still made me tear up, even though I've seen it out of context dozens of times here and elsewhere on the internet. Bravo.

Sothpaw

The real fun part is that, if the mindwipe trick is how the writer decides to "fix" continuity when returning them to the past, then McCoy will be delivering their younger selves into the hands of an absolute monster.

Come to think of it, would Xavier mindwiping someone into straight actually be doing them a favor? I mean shit it's not like being gay is the easiest thing in the world...

God time-traveling scumbag heroics are the BEST. When does this whole "brings X-Men from the past" thing start? Is it just All-New X-Men?

The reason I mention Xavier being so scummy is that I just read the first two volumes of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and, boy, that bit with the
Danger Room.
Whew...ya dun fucked up now, Prof.

It feels like it's been quite a while since I read Avengers or New Avengers...has anything actually happened since they revealed who Rabum Alal is (or are they?)? Or is Hickman twiddling his thumbs until he gets to write their event of the year?

Also Rat Queens #1 was super good.

Mudcrab

Tough time to be a Beast fan.

It feels like it's been quite a while since I read Avengers or New Avengers...has anything actually happened since they revealed who Rabum Alal is (or are they?)? Or is Hickman twiddling his thumbs until he gets to write their event of the year?

Has something happened? You should really read the last New Avengers.

ElNarez

Banned

"Yeah, Xavier did it."
"Yup."
"He's still the leader?"
"Yup."

would you say that Professor Xavier is a jerk, and if so, could you do it while dramatically turning and pointing to the reader?

They say everyone is bi? What the fuck?

There's a theory out there that sexuality is fluid, not binary, and that everyone is varying levels of straight and gay.

I think it's an interesting idea, although I have no idea of how based in reality it is.

This ain't the place to discuss social science or social pseudo-science, however.

Squire

Banned
Come to think of it, would Xavier mindwiping someone into straight actually be doing them a favor? I mean shit it's not like being gay is the easiest thing in the world...

You'd be denying someone a key part of themselves, that developed naturally. Take care, friend. That kind of "savior" mentality is part of what brought about conversion therapy.

Secret Six #4 is solicitated for July. what the heck, this series started in January

liking the Teen Titans Go variants for the most part though, especially the Ben Caldwell/Dan Hipp ones

The line between easy and tough is defined by the observer of the entire universe telling your favorite character that he's the grossest thing ever.

When I saw that, I was like "Yo that's rough." I should actually read that run.

I've always liked Beast, but he's always had a certain...trait, about him that just really tends to undo anything good he ever does by making him do something utterly moronic.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Having a sinus infection thanks to the ultra-dry, pollen-ridden drought conditions in Sacramento sucks big time... but I did read the first 10 issues of All-Star Superman and it has been an absolute joy. Morrison gets what Supes is all about and I hope we eventually see a version similar to this one on the big screen one day.

And that one famous suicide-rescue page still made me tear up, even though I've seen it out of context dozens of times here and elsewhere on the internet. Bravo.

Impressively, the people behind big screen Superman currently have the exact opposite amount of understanding of Supes. That is to say: None.

Top Bottom