• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

arkon

Hmm. Not sure I want to pay 19.99 for that artists edition of Black Science #1. I liked the issue and all but, yeah, will wait for the first full hardcover.

All over Island #1, East of West HC and the Chew Smorgasbord though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
yeah, it was announced at the latest Image Expo actually. I'm kind of interested out of curiosity but otoh I've fallen off BKV again after a minute of liking Saga

also cool Island, hope to see more Multiple Warheads (lol)

I'm always down for more werewolf
dick
transformations

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Night of the Second day.

48 hours remaining.

avengers-5.gif

Boogiepop

Oh right, haven't commented on this in a bit, but I'm now a little past the Avengers Forever part of the Busiek/Perez Avengers Omnibus. Really enjoyed Avengers Forever, even if it was silly at several parts. Like, there's something gloriously dumb about that team just deciding "screw it, let's punch the giant time entities!" Really like the Kang/Immortus stuff as well, even if they totally spent two issues of twelve doing what I'm assuming was crazy retcons to try to make sense of screwed up continuity surrounding the two.

Messi

I tried to follw David LaFurente on twitter and his profile tells me I am blocked from viewing or following him. I've never mentioned him or been on his twitter. Why would he block me :(

tim1138

Called it.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #11
Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON
On sale JULY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
The Convergence is over! Now, Alanna Strange, Stargirl and Equinox must assemble brand-new and wildly untraditional teams of heroes and villains to work together and stop another cosmic catastrophe before it happens. In this issue: Mera, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing and Etrigan!

Actually I knew a month or two ago, courtesy of Foreman

Called it.

Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON
The Convergence is over! Now, Alanna Strange, Stargirl and Equinox must assemble brand-new and wildly untraditional teams of heroes and villains to work together and stop another cosmic catastrophe before it happens. In this issue: Mera, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing and Etrigan!

I'm in

Called it.

Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

I was gonna wait for the first trade for this series, but Parker just forced my hand.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Called it.

Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

Yo, it's safe to spend money on DC Comics again!

ElNarez

Banned
Called it.

Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

IT'S LATE AT NIGHT AND I READ "COVER" AS "COLOR"

I AM STUPID

Squire

Banned
Saw those X-Men #40 pages and, uh... yeah.

Kamala looks so happy. Carol looks... bored. Or boring, it's hard to tell.

Marvel solicits for July 2015 (CBR)

DC's slowpoking; normally they have theirs out well before Marvel's drop.

Dat Seige hype tho. Hoping its twice monthly since they list two issues there. Or was #1 just delayed? Thiught it was releasing in June, but these are July solicits... Well, whatever. Happy to see Gillen referencing Nextwave there. Planning to try it today and binge it if it's good since there's only 12 issues.

That third arc of Uncanny X-Force is less good, but still pretty great. Damsel-ing Fantomex was a clever subversion. Remender really knows when to use a flashback, how to long to entertain it, and how to transition out of it. That Lady Britain costume for Betsy is fantastic, too. Would buy that as a statue.

On to issue #24!
Which coincidentally has Iceman in it!

Called it.

Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

Where MMH going :(. I liked the Stargirl and MMH dynamic.

Boogiepop

So... Did TMNT Classics volume 10 get a silent delay out of this month? Pretty sure it was supposed to come out last week or something. Wish these things were better publicized and it wasn't so hard to figure out what was going on.

Top Bottom