• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Can you imagine if Morrison became WB's Kevin Feige? >_>

cea5cda454a29ef667b2bb1d11d405f9.jpg

"This is your billion dollar franchise on drugs."

It'd be so great.

"This is your billion dollar franchise on drugs."

It'd be so great.

It would. I doubt Morrison would want to deal with the bulls*** (are we allowed to swear? >_>) though. Getting his JLA on-screen or just a one off All Star Superman...a man can dream. The final Justice League movie could even be an adaptation of Final Crisis, with Darkseid falling to Earth and heralding the final crisis of man...

Edit: I do love that picture of Morrison. I liked all those photos DC did for the original New 52 creators. Wish they did more. Urge to listen to the Morrison episodes of Fatman on Batman rising...his stories were so interesting.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It would. I doubt Morrison would want to deal with the bulls*** (are we allowed to swear? >_>) though. Getting his JLA on-screen or just a one off All Star Superman...a man can dream. The final Justice League movie could even be an adaptation of Final Crisis, with Darkseid falling to Earth and heralding the final crisis of man...

Edit: I do love that picture of Morrison. I liked all those photos DC did for the original New 52 creators. Wish they did more.

Fuck yes. Unless you're Spike, who has earned the right to self-censor and still be awesome.

Urge to listen to the Morrison episodes of Fatman on Batman rising...his stories were so interesting.

Did he cry on that one too? Smith crying on nearly half the eps that i'd selected to listen ended up driving me away from that thing.

Well, that and him completely fanboying on Kevin Conroy, which was kind of a shame since that man's tales of his time at Juilliard were super interesting.

Did he cry on that one too? Smith crying on nearly half the eps that i'd selected to listen ended up driving me away from that thing.

Well, that and him completely fanboying on Kevin Conroy, which was kind of a shame since that man's tales of his time at Juilliard were super interesting.

Honestly it's been so long I can't remember. Smith fanboys over a lot but even if it can be annoying it's the...casual attitude that makes some of the episodes so intriguing. It had the obligatory stories of Morrison meeting gods and spirits while off his tits on drugs and his political thoughts, punk phase etc and 2000AD stuff...I think this was a while before the end of Batman Inc...

I remember Smith doing a read through of Rock of Ages which was weird but kinda interesting/.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Dude's passion is what makes these interesting. Like, all of these people have given countless, countless interviews, and yet, I find most of the ones on Fat Man on Batman to be more interesting due to the immense passion in the room.

Also, he really does just sit there and shut up like an excited child for the first two Morrison interviews.

Also, also, dude's a fanboy. He ain't trying to hide it.

Spoilers for The Darkseid War ending, dude....
If only
Could say that about every single mahvel superintellect.
But Beast is far more likable initially. Like, Stark, Reed, T'challa, Strange, Doom, Pym, and Namor are all just pricks of varying degrees to start. Xavier...well, he's Xavier. But Beast is just a lovable dude.

And THEN he does the dumb shit. You know, Dark Beast is almost better, because at least he's honest.

Dark Beast for president.
There's this scene in NA where the Illuminati just start brawling after Cap breaks the gauntlet and Beast has this look on his face that says "these are the geniuses everyone likes better than me?"

Gets me every time.
Oh that's gold.

Honestly it's been so long I can't remember. Smith fanboys over a lot but even if it can be annoying it's the...casual attitude that makes some of the episodes so intriguing. It had the obligatory stories of Morrison meeting gods and spirits while off his tits on drugs and his political thoughts, punk phase etc and 2000AD stuff...I think this was a while before the end of Batman Inc...

I remember Smith doing a read through of Rock of Ages which was weird but kinda interesting/.

Dude's passion is what makes these interesting. Like, all of these people have given countless, countless interviews, and yet, I find most of the ones on Fat Man on Batman to be more interesting due to the immense passion in the room.

Also, he really does just sit there and shut up like an excited child for the first two Morrison interviews.

I find his most interesting episodes to be the ones where he, and maybe someone else who isn't a major celebrity or writer, just sit and analyze stuff like Batman movies or their favorite story arcs. Those episodes have always been the most fun for me.

I understand, but there's a difference between being a fanboy and asking for a guy to do some self-help lines in a batman voice for your future use while you're crying your eyes out.

Anyway, thanks, will track the eps down.

If only

But Beast is far more likable initially. Like, Stark, Reed, T'challa, Strange, Doom, Pym, and Namor are all just pricks of varying degrees to start. Xavier...well, he's Xavier. But Beast is just a lovable dude.

And THEN he does the dumb shit. You know, Dark Beast is almost better, because at least he's honest.

Dark Beast for president.

Strange's a prick? Dude seemed to be the chillest of the illuminati. I mean, i know he used to be, back in them pre-mage days, but nowadays?

Filthy Slug

I find his most interesting episodes to be the ones where he, and maybe someone else who isn't a major celebrity or writer, just sit and analyze stuff like Batman movies or their favorite story arcs. Those episodes have always been the most fun for me.

I like those, that you mentioned just as much as I like him sitting around and shooting the shit with Paul Dini. I never really thought of Dini outside of his work before those Fat Man episodes, but after the first one with him, I just kind of fell in love with the dude. He genuinely cares about the characters he writes and creates, and just seems like a sweetheart.

Sothpaw

You'd be denying someone a key part of themselves, that developed naturally. Take care, friend. That kind of "savior" mentality is part of what brought about conversion therapy.

I should have added if
Iceman
asked for it.

There's a theory out there that sexuality is fluid, not binary, and that everyone is varying levels of straight and gay.

I think it's an interesting idea, although I have no idea of how based in reality it is.

This ain't the place to discuss social science or social pseudo-science, however.

There are all kinds of theories out there I suppose.

I like those, that you mentioned just as much as I like him sitting around and shooting the shit with Paul Dini. I never really thought of Dini outside of his work before those Fat Man episodes, but after the first one with him, I just kind of fell in love with the dude. He genuinely cares about the characters he writes and creates, and just seems like a sweetheart.
Oh yeah the Paul Dini ones are great.

Batman is a Superman level character obv.

To be fair he did just invade Apokolips and landed some big blows against Darkseid with his Hellbat armor. Batfans that believe in preptime = stop anything are delusional though.

I still don't understand how Darkseid works now. I had heard that there's a Darkseid in each universe but they all are a smaller part of a whole Darkseid? Or is there one Uber Darkseid in the entire multiverse.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where exactly do we redeem the STARWARS code for MU? I cant find any section for it on my account

The first few pages of Rage of Ultron.

It was at my comic book store one time and I debated picking it up. I've checked to see if it's there each week since. If it isn't there this week when I go, I'll order it.
I'm gonna assume that JLD vol. 6 being called Paradise Lost is a typo, consider that vol. 5 is also called Paradise Lost.

Man I dunno if I want to even check out Vol. 6. The first 3 volumes are great, then Rebirth of Evil hits and my enthusiasm just plummeted (Forever Evil was a terrible event, since it ruined Constantine and JLD) after that. I enjoyed Paradise Lost more than Rebirth of Evil, but nowhere near as much as the first 3 volumes. I think I'll check out 6 and see.

To be fair he did just invade Apokolips and landed some big blows against Darkseid with his Hellbat armor. Batfans that believe in preptime = stop anything are delusional though.

I still don't understand how Darkseid works now. I had heard that there's a Darkseid in each universe but they all are a smaller part of a whole Darkseid? Or is there one Uber Darkseid in the entire multiverse.

One true Darkseid but he can appear in multiple universes at once. They act like an extension of his will. If Darkseid legit left the Fourth World/Godsphere of the Multiverse there'd be a situation like Final Crisis where the sheer presence of a God causes the multiverse to collapse in on itself.

Although that was Pre New 52.

Man I dunno if I want to even check out Vol. 6. The first 3 volumes are great, then Rebirth of Evil hits and my enthusiasm just plummeted (Forever Evil was a terrible event, since it ruined Constantine and JLD) after that. I enjoyed Paradise Lost more than Rebirth of Evil, but nowhere near as much as the first 3 volumes. I think I'll check out 6 and see.

I thought Forever Evil: Blight was fine. Trinity War was a waste of time, though.

One true Darkseid but he can appear in multiple universes at once. They act like an extension of his will. If Darkseid legit left the Fourth World/Godsphere of the Multiverse there'd be a situation like Final Crisis where the sheer presence of a God causes the multiverse to collapse in on itself.

Ah ok, I'm assuming this applies for most new gods as well, except the universe falling apart thing. Like only one Barda, Scott, etc.

Describing Trinity War as a waste of time is generous.

I liked the whole Atomica surprise reveal. I'm sure most people saw it a mile away but it flew over my head. But yeah overall it wasn't much more than a promotion for FE.

Loving Starfire's redesign in that art.

tim1138

You are my favorite new poster in this thread.

Messi

I hear Batgirl is gonna fight him next!

zennyzz

The real fun part is that, if the mindwipe trick is how the writer decides to "fix" continuity when returning them to the past, then McCoy will be delivering their younger selves into the hands of an absolute monster.

Pretty sure they're not going back. Dying? Maybe some of them or all of them, but at least O5 Jean and O5 beast have been seen in Secret Wars proper.

tim1138

Right. I went and read Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery.

Well, 3 out of 4 ishs so far.

I really should start asking if a Morrison story is linear before bothering with tracking it down.

Flex is super linear. Sure, it's two narratives at the same time, but both are extremely linear and flow wonderfully.

Messi

Pretty sure they're not going back. Dying? Maybe some of them or all of them,
but at least O5 Jean and O5 beast have been seen in Secret Wars proper

Can we watch the potential spoilers for events that haven't started yet? I have been avoiding all X-Men stuff to try and read it in the books/secret wars and the last day or so have been a nightmare on here.

Spoilers have been so random recently

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Bobby is now gay? Err ok, guess all those girlfriends over the years he was just kidding himself? >_>

Top Bottom