• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

I'm guess that bit about being a Disney princess during the GOTG crossover is one of these?

Decent cross-over, btw. I only have two parts left.

What's a good GOTG run, guys? (Please don't say Bendis. I'm taking a break from Bendis after X-Men.)

There are only two Guardians of the Galaxy runs with the movie Guardians, the Abnett and Lanning run and the Bendis run.

You want the Abnett and Lanning run.

It's not as exact as that, but I feel like the process of finding what one's own sexuality is is just that, a process, and that it's entirely possible to get it wrong for a large chunk of your life, because pretty much everything tells you it's supposed to work one way and not another.

What I'm saying is, based on my experience, which, admittedly, I've only been out for less than a year so, what the fuck do I know really, it's completely possible for Bobby to think he's gay and be wrong about it, which would explain the feelings he's expressed for women later in his life.

I've missed a lot of the discussion on this and have yet to read the issue, but has anyone posited the idea that a Bobby growing up in a less progressive time might be less likely to accept his own sexuality (Future Bobby) but a Bobby growing up in a more progressive time (Past Bobby) would be more able to actively accept it?

I've missed a lot of the discussion on this and have yet to read the issue, but has anyone posited the idea that a Bobby growing up in a less progressive time might be less likely to accept his own sexuality (Future Bobby) but a Bobby growing up in a more progressive time (Past Bobby) would be more able to actively accept it?

Yes, was given as one of the possible reasons on why xavier would mindwipe him hetero.

The big problem I have with this is that while Bobby might be growing up in an overall more progressive era, the particular environment he grew up in was all about accepting that you are who you are. Granted, the focus was on the ice powers thing, but still.

Nooooooo! TNT fucked up and my LCS only got the delivery today meaning I won't get my sub until tomorrow! It's like a bank holiday all over again.

The big problem I have with this is that while Bobby might be growing up in an overall more progressive era, the particular environment he grew up in was all about accepting that you are who you are. Granted, the focus was on the ice powers thing, but still.

But also reinforcing that there were people who wanted him dead because of at least one thing that was different about him.

Messi

Velvet. The best book of the week #2 that nobody will read.

The truth stings.

Noto da god

DIG056040_2.jpg

But also reinforcing that they should never be ashamed of who or what they are.

Right, sure, but I can also envision an internal scenario where you'd just want to deal with one different thing about yourself at a time. Just because you're on the X-Men (god this is the weirdest conversation of all time) doesn't mean you never feel different when bricks are getting thrown at you.

Messi

Only 6 books for me this week after 4 last week. Convergence is saving me so much money. Must admit I was tempted by Wonder Woman but resisted. Too pricey for me after only liking one Convergence book so far.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
So I finished the Daredevil series recently and I loved it.

Since I love Ultimate Spider-man so much, I figured I'd try Bendis' Daredevil run. Do I need to read something beforehand? Where should I start?

NexusCell

Oh lawl, I just read Convergence #3. It's pretty clear this whole event is being rushed and the editors not even giving a fuck. There are actually two splash pages in the book that are completely identical in every way except for dialogue.

Earth 2 died for this.

So I finished the Daredevil series recently and I loved it.

Since I love Ultimate Spider-man so much, I figured I'd try Bendis' Daredevil run. Do I need to read something beforehand? Where should I start?

You can just start from the beginning of his run. It's easy to jump in and it's a great read.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Ms. Marvel #14
Well, that heel-face turn was quicker than I envisioned.
I love that speech from Kamala's brother. Not because I believe in it or anything, but it's just perfectly in-character and delivered in a way that doesn't say it's evil or anything.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
These Magazins that are made by Marvel for Special Occassions are great. Read the free Avengers Magazin in the Marvel App and went and bought a physical copy.

I hope they do these books more often.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo kiminewt:

I'm really hoping your shit is vague enough that it didn't ruin that Ms. Marvel issue for me...

Messi

In CS:GO we call this "Clutch or Kick"

I'm thinking kick.

Black Science original art is on sale all this month. 20% off everything with code scalerasale20 . Some great deals with that coupon.

http://www.essentialsequential.com/Matteo-Scalera_c_32.html

Hey Messi, did you see
the new Sunstone cover that Sejic posted on his dA the other day
?

Yep, my hype is at an unbelievable level. I am still nervous about
the change in focus from Ally and Lisa. It could go horribly wrong.

Oh lawl, I just read Convergence #3. It's pretty clear this whole event is being rushed and the editors not even giving a fuck. There are actually two splash pages in the book that are completely identical in every way except for dialogue.

Earth 2 died for this.

That's disappointing, I didn't pick it up yet but I figured Darkseid War was the real event for the year anyway.

Reading XO Manowar left me in quite a cheerful mood. Not because it's a bright, happy comic...but i was enjoying it (only on issue 5 so no spoilers!)....but i read it while waiting at the GP's waiting room. GP ended up lancing a fucking ninja cyst on the back of my neck and sweet jesus mary and joseph stalin it hurt.

Console me.

Edit: All this relationship talk...what have i wandered into...

mreddie

4521785-ant-man_annual_1_cover.jpg

It’s the team-up you’ve been waiting for! Just in time for the release of Marvel’s Ant-Man movie, it’s Hank Pym & Scott Lang together again this July in the pages of ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1! Blockbuster Ant-Man creative team Nick Spencer & Ramon Rosanas along with guest artist Brett Schoonover bring you an oversized Ant-Man tale that is ANYTHING but small!

Following the shocking climax of the Avengers: Rage of Ultron OGN, Scott Lang has a new mission. Hank Pym left something behind, something so microscopic only another Ant-Man would be able find it! Now Scott must relive a past adventure he had with the original Ant-Man in San Francisco in order to piece together the puzzle of the secret Hank left for him!

“This is a story that manages to be not only perfectly welcoming to new readers who just saw Marvel’s Ant-Man on the big screen (it’ll be on sale two days before the movie’s release!), but it’s also integral to the larger Scott Lang story that Nick and Ramon have been telling in the ANT-MAN comic series,” says series editor Wil Moss. “With Ramon on the present day story and the great Brent Schoonover on the flashback to the San Francisco team-up, Nick tells a story that explores the importance of the Ant-Man legacy -- both by looking into the past AND into the future!”

Plus – don’t miss the long awaited return of a classic Ant-Man villain! Not to mention the debut of a brand-new hero! It’s all happening this July in the oversized ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1!

Yep,
Rage is Canon and this is likely set up after the Wars.

frye

Y8bSYor.jpg

Is anyone else keeping up with the Rebellion reprints of Zenith? With our dearly departed gone I don't know anyone else who's read it so maybe this won't mean anything to anyone but man that is a fascinating comic with the end of Multiversity and beginning of Secret Wars on the horizon. And also really good and Morrison-y in a way that the previous two volumes were not in retrospect.

Top Bottom