• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Mudcrab

I like how you guys openly spoil one book, but tag the fact that another book is canon.

Assuming it's not all jokes that is.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Y8bSYor.jpg

Is anyone else keeping up with the Rebellion reprints of Zenith? With our dearly departed gone I don't know anyone else who's read it so maybe this won't mean anything to anyone but man that is a fascinating comic with the end of Multiversity and beginning of Secret Wars on the horizon. And also really good and Morrison-y in a way that the previous two volumes were not in retrospect.

I have the special edition that they released a little while back that I'm starting after New X-men. The packaging is fucking rad as hell.

Y8bSYor.jpg

Is anyone else keeping up with the Rebellion reprints of Zenith? With our dearly departed gone I don't know anyone else who's read it so maybe this won't mean anything to anyone but man that is a fascinating comic with the end of Multiversity and beginning of Secret Wars on the horizon. And also really good and Morrison-y in a way that the previous two volumes were not in retrospect.
I want to check it out but the books seemed kinda pricey the last time I checked

frye

^^ lol still alive, huh

I have the special edition that they released a little while back that I'm starting after New X-men. The packaging is fucking rad as hell.

I almost wish I could tell you to read up to Phase 3 before the end of Multiversity next week because maaan

I want to check it out but the books seemed kinda pricey the last time I checked

Yeah, I guess they kind of are. A bit less than 20 bux a pop, but they're nice and oversized though

Cheska

Started with Velvet first today, and was certainly not disappointed! I love this series so much.

Anyone pick up Convergence: Wonder Woman? It's the only one I'm considering picking up out of this weeks batch.

Messi

Started with Velvet first today, and was certainly not disappointed! I love this series so much.

Anyone pick up Convergence: Wonder Woman? It's the only one I'm considering picking up out of this weeks batch.

I nearly did due to the cover and interior art but I resisted and now I think I am fully out of Convergence sans Harley (which tbh I could do without after the first issue). The whole thing feels rushed and with little value. I love how much they are charging for these books too.

Glad you liked Velvet. Gonna read mine tonight.

Convergence: Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes #1 was a delight. Superboys' inspirational speech to the citizens of Metropolis really captured the core of what I adore about him.

Putting together my first pull list. What do you all think of these:

Infinity Gauntlet 1
Old Man Logan 1
Providence 1
Indestructible Hulk vol 1 (waid)

Owzers

i read the first two issues of Knights of the Old Republic on MU and was not impressed, especially with issue #2s "we have to trace my entire history to find out the truth".

That sounds like an awful story.

I'm actually getting a Convergence book - New Teen Titans. Maybe Batman and the Outsiders too

I'm curious about this one as well

Owzers

Hop straight on over to Dark Times if it's on there.

Excellent comics.

It's up there, I might migrate or read both if i don't abandon KOTOR. I can just pretend KOTOR is an EA MMO and isn't meant to be good.

Is there anything that needs to be read before Dark Times in order to get a better sense of the story? The intro seemed rather succinct. I still need to finish Star Wars Legacy, i bought all the trades awhile ago and only read the first three, good stuff.

Is it fair for Babs Tarr to be nominated for penciller/inker? How much work is Cameron Stewart doing with her? I love her btw I am just curious as she posted some of his layouts on twitter and they looked fairly detailed.

Here are his layouts for Batgirl

This one had the caption, sometimes I get carried away.

Again, I am not hating on Babs.
This is a pretty interesting question...
she's no longer working from his breakdowns now but yeah the pages have quite a bit of Stewart in them.

I think the Eisners are cool but I think the best writer/artist/colorist categories are kind of ehh

I certainly don't mean to disparage any of the work from the nominees. I just think an award for 'best writer' or 'best artist' is kind of lame. Just nominate and give awards to the works themselves. If they were to actually give the award to a best artist you'd end up giving the award to JH Williams, Chris Ware or Quitely every year. you kind of see that happen in the best writer catagory When Alan Moore was winning year after year.

This is a pretty interesting question...
she's no longer working from his breakdowns now but yeah the pages have quite a bit of Stewart in them.

I think the Eisners are cool but I think the best writer/artist/colorist categories are kind of ehh

I certainly don't mean to disparage any of the work from the nominees. I just think an award for 'best writer' or 'best artist' is kind of lame. Just nominate and give awards to the works themselves. If they were to actually give the award to a best artist you'd end up giving the award to JH Williams, Chris Ware or Quitely every year. you kind of see that happen in the best writer catagory When Alan Moore was winning year after year.

It's got Superior Foes up against Cul De Sac. Congrats all the nominees but it's hard to take it seriously.

It'd be like choosing between Calvin and Hobbes and Howard the Duck.

arkon

Convergence: Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes #1 was a delight. Superboys' inspirational speech to the citizens of Metropolis really captured the core of what I adore about him.

You might also like the creative team's Image series EGOs. Has some similarities to Legion but with some harder science relatively speaking and the issues are still $2.99. Ticks every one of your boxes I think.

No Reed is leagues above Tony and Beast in Pure intelligence. An argument could be made that Tony is more inventive though. But Hank Pym is Earth's Scientist Supreme. Simply because he takes science to to boundaries of magic.

Actually I think Mister Terrific is officially DC's third Smartest man.

i thought Future's end reveals that Braniac said Holt was the smartest man?

I'm sorry that you don't think it's deserving of an award or that it makes you take these awards less seriously

I'm just happy to see a comic that I love get nominated for an Eisner

I think it's less deserving an award than Cul De Sac, not that it's not deserving at all. I think the Eisners are pretty dumb to lump them together.

It's like comparing Infinite Jest to The Gunslinger. I like both a lot but come on.

Messi

I'm sorry that you don't think it's deserving of an award or that it makes you take these awards less seriously

I'm just happy to see a comic that I love get nominated for an Eisner

One of the stores in Dublin got nominated for best comic store. They are pretty jazzed. They are a really small store but they are really dedicated good dudes.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is that the huge one they released without Morrison's permission?
Yeah! But had there been any indication that another set of hardcover editions was coming out with Morrison's consent (?), I maybe would have waited.

I almost wish I could tell you to read up to Phase 3 before the end of Multiversity next week because maaan
I probably could do that, but honestly, I'm way into New X-men right now. Beak just got his
first kiss

Yeah! But had there been any indication that another set of hardcover editions was coming out with Morrison's consent (?), I maybe would have waited.

I probably could do that, but honestly, I'm way into New X-men right now. Beak just got his
first kiss

Congratulations. You've just read my favorite page of comics ever.

SoilBreak

Banned
i read the first two issues of Knights of the Old Republic on MU and was not impressed, especially with issue #2s "we have to trace my entire history to find out the truth".

That sounds like an awful story.

I'm not usually a big fan of "let's backtrack to find actual truth" plotlines but I thought in KOTOR, John Miller did a pulpy good rendition of it.

Top Bottom