• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

I know it only came out today (according to amazon) but has anyone got/is getting the Walt Simonson Orion Omnibus? Want to get it but I don't want it to have binding issues etc...although my experience with DC's Omnibus(i?) and Absolutes is good.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Haha

I actually read parable a couple days ago. Moebius was really complimentary of Stan Lee's writing. Take that as you will

Yooo, I have Parable sitting on my night table right now. Got it for 5 bones at comic-con and was gonna read it this week. I'm worried about the writing..

Messi

Is (General X-Men spoilers)
spinning off the X-Men into their own universe really a good idea? Does this mean they will have no interaction with any other 616 heroes and villains. That could get really fucking boring. A whole bunch of infighting.

Eva 4 life

Cheska

My hype is for Infinite Loop. The best book nobody will read this week.

I just read that! Good stuff, had great art and I'm always looking to support pro LGBT media.

Hey Messi, did you see
the new Sunstone cover that Sejic posted on his dA the other day
?

Are you guys talking about the cover for book 2? It looks like he's removed most of his Sunstone content on his dA, probably due to the fact that the material is being published now. I have to say, he's becoming one of my favorite dudes in the industry, and that may or may not have to do with the fact he has some funny FF8 art on his page lol.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I really don't understand how a book can be nominated for Best Limited Series when only half of the issues have been released.

Has there ever been a wider gap in chops between a writer/artist team than Larry Hama and Joshua Middleton this week?

Maybe Stan Lee and Mobieus?
Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples?

Is (General X-Men spoilers)
spinning off the X-Men into their own universe really a good idea? Does this mean they will have no interaction with any other 616 heroes and villains. That could get really fucking boring. A whole bunch of infighting.

Eva 4 life

How is this a spoiler? When was this confirmed?

Messi

I just read that! Good stuff, had great art and I'm always looking to support pro LGBT media.

Are you guys talking about the cover for book 2? It looks like he's removed most of his Sunstone content on his dA, probably due to the fact that the material is being published now. I have to say, he's becoming one of my favorite dudes in the industry, and that may or may not have to do with the fact he has some funny FF8 art on his page lol.

No he is talking about the cover for one of the future volumes (after 5 even). He is posting work in progress pictures of (post book 5 spoiler)
the covers for then the series will be called Mercy and the perspective changes to different characters who are not ally and lisa

ughhhh

way worse imho to tag speculation

may be in the minority here on that though

Sure who cares about the xmen here. We may aswell post open spoilers.

Owzers

I'm going to read some of them paper comics that are stapled together today, it's like going to museum. It's been all trades and MU reading lately for me.

Sure who cares about the xmen here. We may aswell post open spoilers.

Not really what I meant.

Posting speculation as a spoiler, whether it's about X-Men or anything makes the reader (me) who's all caught up on X-Men (or anything) think this is a real thing he just got spoiled since he didn't know it was confirmed.

There's been no evidence in actual X-Men comics of what you're describing.

It's possible I'm alone on thinking this is a problem, I admit.

Messi

Not really what I meant.

Posting speculation as a spoiler, whether it's about X-Men or anything makes the reader (me) who's all caught up on X-Men (or anything) think this is a real thing he just got spoiled since he didn't know it was confirmed.

There's been no evidence in actual X-Men comics of what you're describing.

It's possible I'm alone on thinking this is a problem, I admit.

No I am sorry. I won't do it again. I am just super crabby today. That spoiler stuff over the past day or so annoyed me immensely. I was just trying to be careful and I over did it. Apologies.

We're going to be bringing into the Marvel universe new characters, new regions, new concepts, and, in certain cases replacing, out of necessity, some pieces that were on the board

giphy.gif

No I am sorry. I won't do it again. I am just super crabby today. That spoiler stuff over the past day or so annoyed me immensely. I was just trying to be careful and I over did it. Apologies.

It's all good, bro. I'm the idiot who quoted a Black Vortex spoiler without tags.

Dan

Dan. C'mon.

She deserves better than whatever Vaughan is doing with Saga. He has some decent concepts in there, but BKV was proving far too adolescent in his attempt to touch on complicated issues of race, sex, relationships, war, etc. It's so faux-mature and deep. He's doing real superficial work touching on any of that, just hoping to get credit for even alluding to heavy issues, but there's no substance. It's afternoon soap opera dressed up in cool sci-fi/fantasy trappings and gorgeous art. Bugs me that BKV gets so much praise for this book.

Messi

She deserves better than whatever Vaughan is doing with Saga. He has some decent concepts in there, but BKV was proving far too adolescent in his attempt to touch on complicated issues of race, sex, relationships, war, etc. It's so faux-mature and deep. He's doing real superficial work touching on any of that, just hoping to get credit for even alluding to heavy issues, but there's no substance. It's afternoon soap opera dressed up in cool sci-fi/fantasy trappings and gorgeous art. Bugs me that BKV gets so much praise for this book.

What is wrong with this?

Night of the final day. 24 hours remaining.

vqotfa9ubil0e4srpodn.gif

Uh...why is Spider-Man in there?

calder

I only come into this thread every few months to ask a dumb question I'm too lazy to google or else say that MU is the shit.

MU *is* the shit, I can't believe how much I've read in the past week. I poop socked a tonne of Star Wars (finished Legends and the first 30ish issues of Kotor, I really thought Kotor was exceptional, far exceeded my expectations) but I took a break and started some Daredevil. Unsurprisingly the Netflix show was a driver there, but I realized if I ever read the Brubaker run on DD from the beginning it was so long ago I forgot what happened, so I started that run.

So. Fucking. Good. Brubaker is one of my favourite authors and finding something he did I was either unaware of or had forgotten was such a damn treat.

Dan

What is wrong with this?
If it didn't have an air of pretension, absolutely nothing. But Vaughan's writing on Saga reeks of actually believing he's profoundly exploring complex issues.

And to be fair, this sense is exacerbated by some media/culture critics who have claimed the same thing, and it blows my mind that this is what they think intelligent, progressive comics look like.

Top Bottom