• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

calder

If only it didn't frequently crash on iOS.

Never had many crashes on my iPad, although in the past it certainly happened now and then but hasn't in a while. It *does* still have some oddities, but the last big update they did made overall readability so much better it feels churlish to complain about how search and sorting could be better.

The one thing I did notice is that it starts on a black screen occasionally, but I realized it was happening because I closed the app shortly after starting a new issue and it hadn't finished downloading. So now I just wait a few more seconds or go back to the main screen before closing it. Haven't had any problems other than that.

For giggles the other day I tried MU on my phone for the first time, man my eyes are really not good enough to ever make use of that lol.

If it didn't have an air of pretension, absolutely nothing. But Vaughan's writing on Saga reeks of actually believing he's profoundly exploring complex issues.

And to be fair, this sense is exacerbated by some media/culture critics who have claimed the same thing, and it blows my mind that this is what they think intelligent, progressive comics look like.

I was extremely disappointed in the first 5ish issues of Saga. I completely agree that it's one of those things where the extreme praise it got made me think I was missing something, but I went back and tried again. I just don't see the profundity, but I sure DO see a lot of dull story with some nice visuals.

I only come into this thread every few months to ask a dumb question I'm too lazy to google or else say that MU is the shit.

MU *is* the shit, I can't believe how much I've read in the past week. I poop socked a tonne of Star Wars (finished Legends and the first 30ish issues of Kotor, I really thought Kotor was exceptional, far exceeded my expectations) but I took a break and started some Daredevil. Unsurprisingly the Netflix show was a driver there, but I realized if I ever read the Brubaker run on DD from the beginning it was so long ago I forgot what happened, so I started that run.

So. Fucking. Good. Brubaker is one of my favourite authors and finding something he did I was either unaware of or had forgotten was such a damn treat.

I started in on his Cap run again a little while ago and wowsers

So what of the convergence titles are any good?

I was most interested in batgirls because Stephanie and Cassandra are my best friends but heard the book was shit

So there is a big push from members of NeoGAF to get a separate forum for all comic book related stuff. If there is a separate comic book forum, will there even be a need for an OT Comic thread?

I was extremely disappointed in the first 5ish issues of Saga. I completely agree that it's one of those things where the extreme praise it got made me think I was missing something, but I went back and tried again. I just don't see the profundity, but I sure DO see a lot of dull story with some nice visuals.

I think the "new comic smell" of Saga has worn off for some people. I know it has for me at least, but I'll still read it whenever it comes out because I could do worse.

Zombine

Banned
So there is a big push from members of NeoGAF to get a separate forum for all comic book related stuff. If there is a separate comic book forum, will there even be a need for an OT Comic thread?

Yes because for the most part we actually know what we're talking about.

Messi

Absolutely, we are a community now no?

Where is this big push?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No really why is Spider-Man in that GIF?
Since he is now in the MCU, Marvel consulted with Lucasfilm how to re-edit him in Avengers 2. Next week arrives the Avengers 1 Special Edition with a full Spidey Origin.

Thisnis even better:

yhsjayD.gif

fauxtrot

Banned
Go to any comic thread and read them. Many people have been complaining that OT has too many comic threads.

Most of the complaining is MCU-related (and will become DCCU-related very soon), which has very little to do with actual comic book readers on GAF. We'll still need this thread, no doubt.

ReAxion

I demand there be a separate forum for Taco Bell diarrhea jokes, that football player's pic, and whether or not Five Guys is good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am a little bit scarred after all the reviews of AoU on GAF Ive read so far.
I dont expect to went as nuts as I was while watching the first one anyway, but welp. Really kinda scarred.

I dont expect to feel to went as nuts as I was while watching the first one anyway, but welp. Really kinda scarred.
My take for a long while is people will find it disappointing. That its gotten to big and the suits are meddling and treating it like comic book events and getting it to launch all their other stuff. I'm guessing it'll be regarded as the Dark Knight rises of their franchise.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My take for a long while is people will find it disappointing. That its gotten to big and the suits are meddling and treating it like comic book events and getting it to launch all their other stuff. I'm guessing it'll be regarded as the Dark Knight rises of their franchise.
This bad? I hope not :/

Messi

I would have no interest in a separate forum for superhero threads, just like I don't care for OT comic threads. I only care about this thread and this community.

I dont expect to went as nuts as I was while watching the first one anyway, but welp. Really kinda scarred.

Go in expecting an Age of Ultron comic book to movie adaption.

Doubt you'll be disappointed. Heck, go in with those expectations and you'll probably leave pleasantly surprised.

Toa TAK

Banned
Guys, what do I need to read in order to be ready for Secret Wars? I've only gotten up the end of Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man.

Top Bottom