• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ive bought a Spider-Man mask, so can mask a styropor head ans put it on a shelf.

Im such a nerd.

Poor Spidey, its really hard to breath under this thing. Dude must have gotten a third opening for breathing when he was bitten.

Zombine

Banned
spiderman-costume-but-missing-some.jpg

Man I'm just going to say it, I enjoyed the end of Batman Eternal, and I liked the start of Convergence.

Also Agents of Shield, wtf.
We have Coulson Shield, some other Shield, Hydra, Inhumans, the regular government, can we just have some action beat down bad guys fun again

Zombine

Banned
Listen Shin, how DARE you come in here talking about enjoying comics. The FUCK is that all about?

Speaking of Shin, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem looks great. I hope they have Amiibo. I think Walgreens needs to get in on these exclusives.

Man I'm just going to say it, I enjoyed the end of Batman Eternal, and I liked the start of Convergence.

Also Agents of Shield, wtf.
We have Coulson Shield, some other Shield, Hydra, Inhumans, the regular government, can we just have some action beat down bad guys fun again

Agents of Shield was absolute garbage before all the intrigue, tho.

Messi

Speaking of Shin, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem looks great. I hope they have Amiibo. I think Walgreens needs to get in on these exclusives.

Speaking of cheap plastic figures, what are my chances of a Quorra Infinity figure?

This just in, future episodes of iZombie will be exclusively available at Walgreens in Laserdisc format in limited quantities. Get yours today.

PsychBat!

Banned
Some assholes on amazon are selling their Lucina amiibos for more than double the cost. Great. I know they're scalpers but passing themselves off as "Nintendo" is what gets me.

Working my way through Crossed Badlands. Dunno why, really. Most of it is drek.

Wish you Were Here and nearly all the Ennis tales are quite solid, but that's about it. Far too many writers just see the floppies as a vehicle for silly gorefests.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Civil War might be the most boring event I've ever read :/

Boogiepop

God, this amiibo stuff is breaking me. Glued to my darn phone all day and walked away with nothing because Best Buy's stuff was up for a split second and my phone was too slow and then I didn't want to spend hours in a Gamestop waiting for their systems to work sitting in line. This has gotten insane and it's really getting to me. I love the things but this is getting to be way too much for little plastic figures. Bleh.

Really hoping this situation manages to rectify itself and this doesn't end up having been the only chance for the Wave 4 stuff (especially with Ness never appearing on Gamestop's website).

Oh, and I read Transformers: Windblade. It wasn't too bad. Mostly glad they didn't
have Starscream go full villain, as he's been the most interesting part of RiD...

gawdamn

Never move to Vancouver, friend.

In other news, did anyone bring up the benefit being run for Wilfredo Torres and family? He just lost his wife to cancer (ugh) and several artists have come together to auction off pieces with all proceeds going to the Torres family. This Doc Shaner piece is pretty sweet, but there are a lot more to be found out there. I don't do promotional stuff much here, but figured an exception could be made for this.
I saw some on tumblr, I believe Chris Samnee has been sharing some of the pieces. Wish I had more money to help donate. Things like this and Stan Sakai's wife passing away are always very sad stories.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are you all falling for amiibos? They don't articulate so there's no action figure angle, and they are not used in game like skylanders so there's no game angle.

I'm missing something here...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Finally got a copy of Descender #1. Woah, I enjoyed the hell out of this issue. Like, I started liking it the second the Harvester was shown, but by the end of the first issue, with Tim
and the space pirates?
, I'm fucking on board with this series.

Also, Dustin Nguyen's work is phenomenal here.

Why are you all falling for amiibos? They don't articulate so there's no action figure angle, and they are not used in game like skylanders so there's no game angle.

I'm missing something here...

People always want what they can't have. Guarantee that if there were enough Amiibos to go around, nobody would be talking about them.

Read Gotham Academy: Engame. Good stuff, as ever. Still, very much looking forward to them resuming regularly scheduled programming.

Rhaknar

Kingpin is locked up during Civil War, when did that happen? Some Daredevil arc?

I was willing to sacrifice some of my comic/statue budget but not all of it. No house for us today. :( Sellers would not budge.

Top Bottom