• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dat feel when comic gaf is no longer where you go for enciclopedic knowledge about comics but for amiibo talk

Dean-Winchester-Sheds-A-Tear-On-Supernatural.gif

Messi

You could always go found a new ComicsGAF where people will actually read comics.

You are all welcome in the upcoming MessiGAF|OT| Wilde for Cockburn. We can discuss Comics, Harley Quinn, Houston Rockets and our shared love for Olivia Wildes and the things she does.

But in good news, I beat Rom tonight, on my 17th try.

Only if you could here me during this fight.

http://youtu.be/0Eq6B18Kaoo

To make this comic related, I would love a comic set in this universe, I love it.
That boss is a total penis. Took me a couple tries too. I'm taking a break for now since I finished the game and all of the secret areas.

Not directly related, but one of my good friends works on a webcomic based off of the Souls series. I could see him and the artist eventually doing Bloodborne stuff. He's mentioned that he put a lot of time and money into the project so if we have any Souls fans here, definitely give it a look!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I was willing to sacrifice some of my comic/statue budget but not all of it. No house for us today. :( Sellers would not budge.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. You'll find something else good that's in your price range soon enough. Way to stick to your budget though. No reason to be living in a great house but be miserable because you have no money left after paying your mortgage.

That is fucked up.

We fucked up today. We became weekend ComicGAF way too early.

This made me laugh.
We were so close, too. Just two more days.

I was thinking about it earlier, and Chris Samnee is basically the golden child of Marvel. Dude's the best. His art's always so good and incredibly charming and all of his posts on social media sites come across as being 100% sincere. I think my dream Marvel book would be him and Matt Fraction on Amazing Spider-Man. Fraction's signature quirky and down to earth writing and dialogue would fit Pete perfectly and Samnee just draws a good ass spider dude. One can dream...

I wanted to make a big and lengthy JC-esque post but my brain doesn't work like that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sure Tony, why not use Kingpin's help to catch Cap, I mean it's not like you can get any scummier this event anyway...

Is this Turk guy in prison with kingpin in this Civil War: War crimes the one that is going to be in the Daredevil show?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I was thinking about it earlier, and Chris Samnee is basically the golden child of Marvel. Dude's the best. His art's always so good and incredibly charming and all of his posts on social media sites come across as being 100% sincere. I think my dream Marvel book would be him and Matt Fraction on Amazing Spider-Man. Fraction's signature quirky and down to earth writing and dialogue would fit Pete perfectly and Samnee just draws a good ass spider dude. One can dream...

I wanted to make a big and lengthy JC-esque post but my brain doesn't work like that
That would get me to read Spider-Man. But I think Fraction's having way too much fun creating his own worlds for now.

I was willing to sacrifice some of my comic/statue budget but not all of it. No house for us today. :( Sellers would not budge.

Sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully you'll find a home thats right for you and your wife soon.

Comics:

Recently reread The Mighty Thor from Fraction and Coipel

The story is so and so probably a random 7/10 but my god the art. Coipel's work with an inker like Mark Morales is amazing. I kind of wish they would release black and white books everyone in a while. Its harder to appreciate inkers with colorists getting more attention now. Seriosly, look at this. So many nice ink strokes. Lawd

The coloring is also phenomenal. Laura Martin is a bawssss as is Ponsor

Rhaknar

Dat twist
it was cap working with kingpin

Even worse lol

Sure Tony, why not use Kingpin's help to catch Cap, I mean it's not like you can get any scummier this event anyway...

Is this Turk guy in prison with kingpin in this Civil War: War crimes the one that is going to be in the Daredevil show?

Holy shit Turk is on the show?????

Owzers

But in good news, I beat Rom tonight, on my 17th try.

Only if you could here me during this fight.

http://youtu.be/0Eq6B18Kaoo

To make this comic related, I would love a comic set in this universe, I love it.

Died to to the person guarding Rom a couple times, beat them, died to rom, tried to help someone kill rom and died, tried to summon someone for me and no one came after 15min, took a break, came back and tried to summon someone and lost my insight to an instant disconnect, fiddled with router, tried again, and another insight lost/disconnect.

Game hates me just like DC.

Rhaknar

Holy shit Turk is on the show?????

Someone called Turk is but I don't know who it is :(

Off topic but I wonder how easy would it be to track down marvel legends figures on ebay

And how expensive :3

Shaanyboi

Banned
I honestly am liking Silk a lot more than Spider-Gwen. The latter is a very cool concept, and I do really like the art and costume obviously, but Silk has done a far better job of making a relatable character.

Rhaknar

Black Panther CW tie ins have been fantastic. I really should read me some Black Panther shouldn't I?

Parch

The story is so and so probably a random 7/10 but my god the art. Coipel's work with an inker like Mark Morales is amazing. I kind of wish they would release black and white books everyonce in a while.
Agreed. Sometimes their best creative work can happen in black in white, but sometimes I think big 2 editorial insists on a generic color standard.

Rhaknar

Lol this civil war special just pulled the hank slapping Janet around card

And double lol at Punisher gunning down those 2 c-listers offering their services to Cap

Cade

Lol this civil war special just pulled the hank slapping Janet around card

And double lol at Punisher gunning down those 2 c-listers offering their services to Cap

This is why we need to get a Punisher show out before Cap 3 and we won't :(

Rhaknar

And here's Penance. Huh.

I'm torn on it, the idea is kinda cool (both the powers and the motivation) but it's super ham fisted at the same time, and the costume looks like something I would have drawn when I was a teenager 20 years ago.

So what book was he on after Civil War?

Rhaknar

Ellis/Deodato Thunderbolts, which is amazing.

Wait he's in Ellis's Thunderbolts? :eek:

Edit: here's something that's been bothering me, why does this era Avengers tower look like a evil lair?

Stark_Tower.jpg

Btw, Punisher War Journal art is amazing

Bii

Any ComicGAF awake to get in on that Greninja Amiibo? I did and I didn't even want it. Kinda wanted Robin though.

Squire

Banned
Wait, the new series with Star Lord? Haven't heard a lot about that one really...

Nah, I'm catching up on All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. I got to the part where
she tells the story about her being Jewish.

She's loosely been my favorite character in ANXM since I started it, but that moment cemented it. She's phenomenal.

Alright CMX has a sale for The Bunker and The Life After for one day. Are these series any good?
https://www.comixology.com/Fialkov-Sale/page/5977?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

I've not read The Life After but The Bunker is great!
A group of friends are wandering through the woods when they find a bunker with their names etched on the door and it all goes to shit from there! It's hard to explain anything about it without giving it away but if you enjoy post apocalyptic stuff then you'll love it!

Messi

That said. I am totally getting Star Lord and Kitty Pryde. Wanna see how stupid it can get.

Uncanny Avengers is awesome

And here's Penance. Huh.

I'm torn on it, the idea is kinda cool (both the powers and the motivation) but it's super ham fisted at the same time, and the costume looks like something I would have drawn when I was a teenager 20 years ago.

So what book was he on after Civil War?
As already said, he was part of Thunderbolts. He quit being Penance and went back to being Speedball and was on the recent New Warriors comic. That got cancelled after 12 issues though.
Hey guys, is Uncanny Avengers good? I really enjoyed the team's cross-over with ANXM.
It's great. I'd recommend reading Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender first if possible however.

Top Bottom