• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Shhhh.
Or should I say Hisssssssssssss

903.gif

ElNarez

Banned
What the fuck happened Gwens leg/ass in this variant cover

the spider-ladies all have great dislocating ass powers don't you know

"Marvel learned the wrong lessons from the Carol Corps" from the A.V. Club.

She's right about Monica.

This piece has good observations but wrong conclusions. Carol Danvers is not the problem, the problem is there aren't many people at Marvel -or DC for that matter- that are as passionate or as loud in championing characters as Kelly Sue is to Carol, I feel like, to get more and better representation of minority characters in comics, there's a super easy fix, and that's to get more minority voices.

The piece proves it, there are people out there who are way passionate about Monica Rambeau and who are willing to get down and dirty and fight for her. You just gotta find a couple who can make good comics, let them get loud, and amplify their voices. That's how you make the Spectrum Squadron. (Or Monica Minions)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This Detective Comics #27 Anniversary Issue is amazing, DC knows how to do these special issue comics.
Is there a similar Superman one avaiable?

Still on the first chapter, pg 63 of TDKSA and so far, so good. They just saved
The Flash from being a slave.
Still real early but it's fine so far.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This Detective Comics #27 Anniversary Issue is amazing, DC knows how to do these special issue comics.
Is there a similar Superman one avaiable?

Yes it is. Mostly for the Peter Tomasi and Ian Bertram story:
tumblr_naf11nhhBy1qh7niko1_1280.jpg

8806783c332a8c7d3bfeef8d93406704.jpg

Tomodachi

I'm so frustrated! Apparently every single number I want to read on Marvel Unlimited gives 404, the others are fine. Can any other subscribe check for me if they're able to read:

- Fantastic Four (1998) #533
- Daredevil (1998) #82
- Amazing Spider-Man (1999) #529
- Wolverine Origins (2006) #1
- New Avengers: Illuminati (2006) #1

This is just a random sample of what I'm not able to read. I catching up to the road to Civil War but apparently I can't. Weird this is, if I try to read something more recent I can. It all happened after the last app update but I get 404s from the desktop reader (marvel's website) as well so it's bound to be a problem on their end.

I'm wasting this last, paid month of subscription because I'm not able to read what I want. @MarvelSupport on Twitter won't answer. I'll email them as well, just wanted to make sure it's not a problem on my end.

Mudcrab

The article kind of zig zags across a number of topics and seems to lose focus at times. But it just proves, the same shortfalls can show up with any group or fandom in regards to inclusion, etc.

Right it definitely does, but like ELNarez says the main points are worth considering, especially the part about not treating outspoken fandoms like monoliths in this case one for women in which minorities might not be fully considered.

MULTIVERSITY #2 PREVIEW

holy fuck they brought back the goddamn Legion of the Strange thank you based grant

Wednesday is going to be so awesome.

Top Bottom