• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Just finished my Endgame re-read. Can't wait for the finale! I know there is spoilers out there but I have not read them. I wonder how they can tie up all the loose ends in 40 pages but we will see.

I'm with you, I thought City felt extremely bloated. I'd rank them Asylum > Origins > City

My thoughts also. Asylum had the most fun progression. I really enjoyed how it took place in just one area.

Who doesn't want a game where after each fight you feel a deep primal satisfaction and just want to spike your controller as you scream "I'm the God damned Batman".

Messi

I think you'll be very happy with the characters shown ;)

s3ou1t.gif

oh my god

SELINA! She looks amaaaaaaazing

Wish Batwoman could have been in there, but we can't have everything

Dear Rocksteady,

Please give me the Superman equivalent of Arkham Asylum. I believe in you.

They need to get rid of the health meter if they do a Superman game. Find ways other than losing health to challenge the player.

I'm with you 100%
well, except about the passing on the game altogether part; but Nightwing is ma boi

Origins had a better story than Asylum or City in my opinion; the gameplay "enhancements" basically add nothing to the game, as long as you ignore the Shock Gloves which actually take away from the game. It's basically just like City otherwise. It was a decent enough game to fill the void. However, my favorite thing from the games, the challenge maps, lack good design. They're just kind of all over the place, especially when you take into consideration the new gadgets. Also, if you get deep into the combat system like I did, the martial arts enemies really ruin the flow of combat.

Most of the negatives are just there if you start looking too closely. Otherwise, it's a fine game.

I disagree, I thought the detective mode for solving crimes and such really helped. Its the one thing I REALLY had hoped would show up in Arkham Knight though it seems like its not going to. I had a ton of fun with that.

My only complaints with Origins were how they took away a ton of grapple points, which was annoying. I loved just grapple boosting around the city in City. I also didn't like how they sped up the animations for enemies but left Batman at the same speed, it made the combat not feel as good as City IMHO.

I disagree, I thought the detective mode for solving crimes and such really helped. Its the one thing I REALLY had hoped would show up in Arkham Knight though it seems like its not going to. I had a ton of fun with that.

My only complaints with Origins were how they took away a ton of grapple points, which was annoying. I loved just grapple boosting around the city in City. I also didn't like how they sped up the animations for enemies but left Batman at the same speed, it made the combat not feel as good as City IMHO.

I didn't really mention it, but I thought the detective mode was a novel idea. It was decently implemented and was overall a pretty cool addition. I just wish there were more to it.

Also, ThyMusicMan, sorry you posted your awesome post right when I woke and saw the trailer. But awesome post man. Love all the pictures and reading about your experience. For your CGC Batman #1, they make frames that fit those things perfectly so you can hang it up.

Museum Edition Graded Comic Book POD High Quality Wood Display Frame 99% UV Safe! CGC PGX and CBCS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LKBCZ92/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LKBCZ92/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thank you and thank you! :). I was curious about framing that.

Great post, ThyMusicMan. I regret not getting my Batman #1 signed last year by Snyder. I'm going to take mine with me to SDCC and see if I can catch him again.

I really like seeing sketches other con goers get. I was checking the guest list for C2E2 and man, there are some artists there that I'd love to get a sketch from.

As tempting as it is to maintain a sketchbook without a theme, I can't do it. I actually ordered another sketchbook so I can start up a new theme/idea I've been kicking around for awhile. Hopefully I can get that book going this weekend during Free Comic Book Day at my LCS.

Be sure to post more on your con experiences as you attend them. :D
Thanks man,, yeah there were a ton of artist. First time getting sketches little overwhelming.

You want a decent Superman game? Have Telltale make it into a point and click adventure game. It's literally the only way at this point and it can work.

Tizoc

s3ou1t.gif

oh my god

SELINA! She looks amaaaaaaazing

Wish Batwoman could have been in there, but we can't have everything

Well you're gonna buy the game twice: XBone for Catwoman exclusive, PS4 for the other exclusive character :V

Hagi

You want a decent Superman game? Have Telltale make it into a point and click adventure game. It's literally the only way at this point and it can work.

Superman Adventures in Metropolis - A 6 episode release starting in 2017 and finishing sometime before 2020.

Awesome, consider it bought!

The heroic age stuff? I'm pretty sure I picked that up a while back in the run up to the Age of Ultron comics, I'll have to have a reread.

Yup, that's the one. So good.

I also remember liking that Bendis/Cho Mighty Avengers bit.

A story renowned for its rekindling of thought balloons.

Tizoc

^Oh yeah i liked Bendis' Mighty Avengers, but I liked Slott's just as much-

Oh ye of little imagination-
my idea of a Superman game is one made by Platinum featuring open world elements.

Supes gets abducted by Mongul into his War Galaxy, but gets severely depowered by Mongul using some gizmo.
As Supes advances in the game, he reobtains more powers/abilities and gets stronger.

In order to be freed from the War Galaxy he must face against 10 of Mongul's strongest gladiators before facing him for his freedom.

Bonus points: Play as Supergirl instead of Supes in the same campaign but story and character dialog is different and she can have a different set of abilities than Supes.

Also this'd be the TRUE FINAL BOSS BATTLE THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpGIVbPYrI

SoilBreak

Banned

Superman Adventures in Metropolis - A 6 episode release starting in 2017 and finishing sometime before 2020.

Nahhhhhh I'm Good.
Like the arkham games, a good superman game series would have to start out small to find what works.
>superman is abducted by Mongul
>he is put on a war world planet like in the justice league cartoon
>he is forced to fight other powerful enemies
>he is powered down for the beginning of the game but get stronger as it goes on
>the war world planet is explorable, filled with other characters and side quests

my idea of a Superman game is one made by Platinum featuring open world elements.

Pretty much something like this.

Veelk

Banned
It's the Finches, a husband and wife team. David Finch on art Meredith Finch on writing. She is a new writer so that's where the amateurish writing comes from. I'd definitely agree that David Finch can draw gorgeous work but sometimes he does the baby face thing and it's super weird. The general consensus I've seen is that the run has been overall a disappointment. I don't feel it's terrible, personally, but it's not top of the pile material.
I'm not sure what expectations there were if these are newbie writers. Like you said, it's not terribad, but Azarrello was better. Is Superman & Wonder Woman any good?

^Oh yeah i liked Bendis' Mighty Avengers, but I liked Slott's just as much-

Supes gets abducted by Mongul into his War Galaxy, but gets severely depowered by Mongul using some gizmo.
As Supes advances in the game, he reobtains more powers/abilities and gets stronger.

In order to be freed from the War Galaxy he must face against 10 of Mongul's strongest gladiators before facing him for his freedom.

Bonus points: Play as Supergirl instead of Supes in the same campaign but story and character dialog is different and she can have a different set of abilities than Supes.

Also this'd be the TRUE FINAL BOSS BATTLE THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpGIVbPYrI
The problem is it has to have him depowered. Like if you want a game that stays true to superman I feel like an adventure game is how you do it. Platinum would be a good pick for a Wonder Woman action game.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I thought Superman Returns the game had an interesting concept that was just executed poorly. The city itself essentially had a health bar.

Tizoc

The problem is it has to have him depowered. Like if you want a game that stays true to superman I feel like an adventure game is how you do it. Platinum would be a good pick for a Wonder Woman action game.

Mind you supes would still keep his power of flight, and his abilities would just do less damage than....'normal', hence the open world-like structure. You can visit the various 'planetoids' that are within Mongul's world and do sidequests etc.

You're gonna wanna make a few sacrifices just for the sake of gameplay, and IMO gameplay trumps all.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think I will jump off the single Trade ship with Miles Spider-Man and rebuy and buy all of the upcoming Complete Collections. Its three time double dipping but its way cheaper.

Soon I will have every Ultimate Spidey Comic there is :) Another complete 15 years of Comics.

Hagi

Nahhhhhh I'm Good.

Pretty much something like this.

Hmm i think i would rather play a Planet Hulk game like that than anything Superman. As for Platinum dream cape games well I don't think I would be sane if I didn't suggest Iron Fist.

Being playing Marvel Heroes a lot this past week and its gave a craving to delve into MU and read some X-men, realised that i never went past Whedons issues of Astonishing so i'm working through it the now. Totally weird seeing everyone so happy and together, makes me sad that the direction the X books have taken past Schism.

Top Bottom