• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Saturday. Shit, I wont be able to went to my local store then.

But ok, I assume they wont celebrate american FCBD anyway, we have our own a couple of weeks later...

But yeah, free Comics. Were able to preorder a couple from my internet retailer.

Should someone make a thread about FCBD?

Zombine

Banned
So9fu.gif

Holy shit, that new book smell though...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
As do I. Hence why he was the first artist bought original art from.

That panel is cool.

Would happily own a page from his new x-men run if I could find them. His Sabretooth is one of my favorites.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bachalo is my favorite artist currently. I dont think he's the best, but theres something about his stuff that appeals to me

tumblr_ll5na1ca2Y1qfckqbo1_1280.jpg

frye

I didn't think much of Jason Fabok a year ago but I'm super into his Justice League stuff even though I still don't care for the book itself. For a guy so clearly indebted to David Finch, he's a much stronger draftsman than Finch could ever dream to be. Also: he's got a great Wonder Woman, probably my favourite in a really long time.

Yo, I really, really like Chris Bachalo:
1211568-bathroom.png

yesss

tim1138

Hype! Wednesday is gonna be awesome.

Damn straight.

What is he? A god?

You might even say he's a New God.
(I have a pounding headache and can't tell if you're being serious)

Huh, interesting. Need to get up to date on DC happenings before this kicks off. Who's the dude they keep playing opposite Darkseid?

The Anti-Monitor. He was introduced during the original Crisis on Infinite Earths and is a Johns favorite, appearing in Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monitor

Am I wrong for feeling like that Chad Hardin pateron is bad?

How many artist out there can claim they are the artist for Harley Quinn ongoing at DC Comics? Just him right? That is his title at the company he works for. He is just lucky to have the gig land in his lap. Not even Jimmy and Amanda had a clue how popular it would be. So he is taking advantage of said luck like most smart people would do.

tim1138

I didn't think much of Jason Fabok a year ago but I'm super into his Justice League stuff even though I still don't care for the book itself. For a guy so clearly indebted to David Finch, he's a much stronger draftsman than Finch could ever dream to be. Also: he's got a great Wonder Woman, probably my favourite in a really long time.

Yeah Fabok's Diana is great. He's spoken a number of times about how much he loves drawing her and how tired he is of the overt sexualization of female characters in general. He's not my favorite artist but he's a perfect fit on JL.

Huh, interesting. Need to get up to date on DC happenings before this kicks off. Who's the dude they keep playing opposite Darkseid?

Mr Miracle? If memory serves me right...he's the son of Highfather, Lord of New Genesis. The offspring swap was part of a truce deal in a war between the planets a hundred years ago or more.

Messi

How many artist out there can claim they are the artist for Harley Quinn ongoing at DC Comics? Just him right? That is his title at the company he works for. He is just lucky to have the gig land in his lap. Not even Jimmy and Amanda had a clue how popular it would be. So he is taking advantage of said luck like most smart people would do.

He does the regular issues (mostly) but there are 2-3 others that also do regular work. Namely John Timms and Stephane LeRoux.

frye

It just feels scummy. Like if he wasn't on Harley he wouldn't be able to do it. Look how much Harley is on that page. It's blatantly trying to milk those fans.

How is that different from, I dunno, selling Harley stuff at a con or whatever though?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bachalo original (I think?)

boards-WITCHBLADE092.24+25-big.jpg

wait file is called Witchblade and that hand thingie is very Witchblade-like so I guess he drew Witchblade?

Top Bottom