• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Zombine

Banned
I hated Jae Lee's Catwoman covers.

Kevin Wada is here to save us.

I like Jae Lee and Skottie Young, but I can't help but feel like neither of them make good use of space.

The thing that annoys me is that Young can, but it clearly takes the guy forever. How many issues did he hang on to Rocket for? Lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they're pretty much family

Weapon X stuff

Just finished the issue, they were actually really friendly with each other too and Cap seems to know Wade's daughter so did Cap show up in a Deadpool arc over on that book?

Fuck yeah

11195666_1408682509453144_702465308_n.jpg

Gwen + Jubilee do not give a fuck.

Messi

I like Jae Lee and Skottie Young, but I can't help but feel like neither of them make good use of space.

The thing that annoys me is that Young can, but it clearly takes the guy forever. How many issues did he hang on to Rocket for? Lol

Yep, Skottie has seemingly been drawing the baby version of AvX for Secret Wars for months. He is still posting progress pics. Great progress pics but slow progress.

Silk not stupid enough to caught up in all that mess of Medusas hair.

Just finished the issue, they were actually really friendly with each other too and Cap seems to know Wade's daughter so did Cap show up in a Deadpool arc over on that book?
Yeah in the current deadpool series. In the good the bad and the ugly arc if I remember correctly.

Its an excellent series and that arc is a highlight

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah in the current deadpool series. In the good the bad and the ugly arc if I remember correctly.

Its an excellent series and that arc is a highlight

Time to get back to it then. I read the first issue weeks ago and it did nothing for me but just read issue 2 and i liked it a lot, even tho its still the dead presidents stuff.

Ben Franklin is cracking me up (I forget if he was in the first issue) and the elephant in the room joke got me bad

Messi

Time to get back to it then. I read the first issue weeks ago and it did nothing for me but just read issue 2 and i liked it a lot, even tho its still the dead presidents stuff.

Skip the first arc it is worthless. After that is good stuff and some classic stuff with The Good The Bad and the Ugly arc.

Rhaknar

Skip the first arc it is worthless. After that is good stuff and some classic stuff with The Good The Bad and the Ugly arc.

I think it's clear by now that I don't skip stuff :p

Rhaknar

Dr. Strange just quoted Arrested Development in issue 3 of Deadpool

"Illusion Michael. Tricks are for prostitutes."

And you wanted me to skip this first arc, shame on you Messi!

Messi

Dr. Strange just quoted Arrested Development in issue 3 of Deadpool

"Illusion Michael. Tricks are for prostitutes."

And you wanted me to skip this first arc, shame on you Messi!

it has a few bright spots but its largely crap vs the rest of the book.

Owzers

it has a few bright spots but its largely crap vs the rest of the book.

Agreed, but i'd read it just to know what happened previously as it keeps plot developments for awhile. Presidents arc just seemed to try too hard to be funny, the jokes were all presidentially-referencial and don't hold up, whereas after that arc the book has better "funny pacing" to go along with the story. I ended up dropping it monthly after issue #5 and am now up to 16 or so on MU and its' great.

I'm at the fill-in issues of Superior Spidey Foes on MU, #10 and 11, the bear guy's story was okay but if i had bought the trade with those two issues in it i'd probably be disappointed.

I'm at the fill-in issues of Superior Spidey Foes on MU, #10 and 11, the bear guy's story was okay but if i had bought the trade with those two issues in it i'd probably be disappointed.

What made 11 worse was that it was when they switched from $2.99 to $3.99 :/ I don't think they even included a digital code either.

Messi

What made 11 worse was that it was when they switched from $2.99 to $3.99 :/ I don't think they even included a digital code either.

Remember when they increased the price of Hawkeye? Sad that we never got an ending to that series. New series is alright I suppose.

Rhaknar

Agreed, but i'd read it just to know what happened previously as it keeps plot developments for awhile. Presidents arc just seemed to try too hard to be funny, the jokes were all presidentially-referencial and don't hold up, whereas after that arc the book has better "funny pacing" to go along with the story. I ended up dropping it monthly after issue #5 and am now up to 16 or so on MU and its' great.

Well the
lady agent
just died on issue 5 and I know that
she is ressurected in a life decoy model later on (she shows up in the deadpool / Hawkeye comic)
so I should defiantly not have skipped this arc.

ElNarez

Banned
Who was it who said that it would be sleep-inducing from day 1 without any basis again

oh right

zOnq7Yr.png

I blame Perez for this. The dude just does not compare to Aja, Wu, Pulido or even Hollingsworth. He can break out some weirdass layouts but he is just worse at action.

You know who would've kicked ass, has an established working relationship with Lemire, style out the goddamn wazoo, and a great sense of action? Sorrentino. Yes it would've been a Green Arrow retread but literally no one would've given a single shit.

I blame Perez for this. The dude just does not compare to Aja, Wu, Pulido or even Hollingsworth. He can break out some weirdass layouts but he is just worse at action.

You know who would've kicked ass, has an established working relationship with Lemire, style out the goddamn wazoo, and a great sense of action? Sorrentino. Yes it would've been a Green Arrow retread but literally no one would've given a single shit.
That would have been a bit too similar but I'd still like it. Their GA run was great and i wish all these Hawkeye readers would bother checking it out.

I was just thinking how funny it would be if Lemires run finished up before Fraction/Aja

Convergence Week 4 CMX sale
:

DC 1 Million
Superman: Red Son
Adventure Comics 460-465
Infinity Inc
JLA 29-40, 170-172
Power of Shazam 1-20
Gotham by Gaslight
other random issues

Some thoughts

- Red son for $3 is a steal
- everyone should buy Gotham by Gaslight for $1. Mike mignola drawing Victorian batman! Doesn't get better than that.
- So how was that 90s shazam series? Any good? Never read it and love to read more from Captain Marvel. Since Johns refuses to create the book
- haha several infinity inc are B&W only? Huh?
- I'm tempted to try some of these older JLA comics. Not sure if they're any good

mreddie

So I'm looking at All New Ghost Rider again and I just reached the Legends arc where Daimon Scott drew the series... OOF.

What the fuck happened?

Rhaknar

So I'm looking at All New Ghost Rider again and I just reached the Legends arc where Daimon Scott drew the series... OOF.

What the fuck happened?

It was always mediocre, just the art was amazing. It's one of the many books lately that lives and dies by its art in my opinion (ms.marvel, Rocket and she hulk being 3 other obvious ones, and those are good books)

Top Bottom