• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Comics being far-fetched. It's the norm isn't it?
Yeah, I know what you mean, but superhuman beeings around long long time before the 1930s isnt my thing. I accept it in alternate universes like Marvel 1602, but this is way off.

But anyway. PsychBat says that the description is garbage, ao it wont be that bad.

Squire

Banned
I tried Hickman's F4 and couldn't really get into it, though I did love the ending of the first story he did with Reed's dad.

I'm more interested in the FF stuff and I hear #600 is a good jumping on point, so I plan to try that, eventually.

Jock's selling this on Ebay. It's had three bids in about a minute. Already at £102. Looks great.

$_57.JPG

Boogiepop

Okay guys, I'm trying to plan out my next few orders from IST. My current plan is to bounce the 2% along for the next two weeks, as there's something coming out that I want in the next two updates, and I kind of want more comics now.

So my net haul plan is:
Miller Daredevil 1-3
Bendis Daredevil Ultimate Collection 1
Waid Fantastic Four 2-4
Loki Agent of ASGARD 2
Sunstone 1-2
Don Rosa Duck Library 1 and 2 set
and then the rest of the Batman Beyond/Justice League Beyond I need to be caught up there.

And then the date reliant ones are the Dial H hardcover next week and the next volume of MTMTE the week after that.

My current thoughts are to go with Miller Daredevil 1, Waid FF 2, Sunstone, and then maybe the next Beyond thing I need as those are the ones I'd benefit most from getting a feel for before diving all in (though I'm fairly certain I'm going to dive all in).

Quick question, though: Is the Don Rosa a good choice to give this Duck stuff a try? Seemed the best deal price wise, though I know Carl Barks is supposed to be amazing as well. Thoughts?

Also, vol. #7 of Robots in Disguise (rebranded to just Transformers with this volume IIRC) seems to have disappeared from IST. I've tried a ton of different searching methods, but I just can't find it. It disappeared into the void. And I KNOW I saw it pop up on IST when it came out... Any help?

Bii

Okay guys, I'm trying to plan out my next few orders from IST. My current plan is to bounce the 2% along for the next two weeks, as there's something coming out that I want in the next two updates, and I kind of want more comics now.

So my net haul plan is:
Miller Daredevil 1-3
Bendis Daredevil Ultimate Collection 1
Waid Fantastic Four 2-4
Loki Agent of ASGARD 2
Sunstone 1-2
Don Rosa Duck Library 1 and 2 set
and then the rest of the Batman Beyond/Justice League Beyond I need to be caught up there.

And then the date reliant ones are the Dial H hardcover next week and the next volume of MTMTE the week after that.

My current thoughts are to go with Miller Daredevil 1, Waid FF 2, Sunstone, and then maybe the next Beyond thing I need as those are the ones I'd benefit most from getting a feel for before diving all in (though I'm fairly certain I'm going to dive all in).

Quick question, though: Is the Don Rosa a good choice to give this Duck stuff a try? Seemed the best deal price wise, though I know Carl Barks is supposed to be amazing as well. Thoughts?

Also, vol. #7 of Robots in Disguise (rebranded to just Transformers with this volume IIRC) seems to have disappeared from IST. I've tried a ton of different searching methods, but I just can't find it. It disappeared into the void. And I KNOW I saw it pop up on IST when it came out... Any help?

Wait, what's this 2% you're talking about?

PsychBat!

Banned
Secret Warriors is a really good spy-action thriller based in a world full of super heroes. It's well written and all that, but spy stuff is not something that usually catches my interest. I read some books and watch movies under the spy category but after watching that movie or reading a book of that category I ultimately just think that it was either boring or entertaining or smart. Usually the former and barely the latter two. Hickman stood out with adding a new mythos behind the rivalry between SHIELD and HYDRA and other organizations and that was shocking. But Fury as a character is so stoic and angry that it's hard to relate to him on any level. That when the times that Hickman writes a scene meant to convey emotion in that book, it almost always falls flat due to Fury imo. But I also think his team wasn't fleshed out enough and maybe there was more to them outside the lives under Fury's eye.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is the point where Marvel Studios success is just scarry.

Age of Ultrons Pre-Sale ticket numbers are higher than all the Pre-Sales of all Marvel Studio Movies combined...

This is the point where Marvel Studios success is just scarry.

Age of Ultrons Pre-Sale ticket numbers are higher than all the Pre-Sales of all Marvel Studio Movies combined...

It's like Apple. Everyone says "Next year is when the bubble will burst" but it just keeps going up and up and up

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's like Apple. Everyone says "Next year is when the bubble will burst" but it just keeps going up and up and up
I expect now that Avengers 2 will be beating Avatar.
Civil War will be out grossing Avengers 1. Cap and Iron Man will sell the movie to tons of people.

And Infinity War will rip a hole in the time-space continuum.

Boogiepop

But yeah, I just want someone to confirm that the Rosa two book set is a good place to jump into the Duck stuff, and then I'll pull the starting trigger on my order chain...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
But yeah, I just want someone to confirm that the Rosa two book set is a good place to jump into the Duck stuff, and then I'll pull the starting trigger on my order chain...
Don Rosa's Duck comics are great. If you're at all interested, I don't think there's any reason not to pick it up. To add, since Rosa is expanding on what Barks did, he'll provide context and background when necessary. It's not some crazy situation where you'll feel lost or need to read up on Wikipedia as if you were diving into Marvel/DC.

Looks like they'll be getting around to reprinting the especially famous Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck arc in the 4th volume (and 5th, it seems) in the fall.

Boogiepop

Don Rosa's Duck comics are great. If you're at all interested, I don't think there's any reason not to pick it up. To add, since Rosa is expanding on what Barks did, he'll provide context and background when necessary. It's not some crazy situation where you'll feel lost or need to read up on Wikipedia as if you were diving into Marvel/DC.

Looks like they'll be getting around to reprinting the especially famous Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck arc in the 4th volume (and 5th, it seems) in the fall.

Awesome, thank you! I definitely do think I'm going to want to go in heavily eventually with both Rosa and Barks from what I hear, but the set for Rosa seems like it'll be a nice enough starting point to give it a try!

Boogiepop

Well then. I just placed two orders with IST, leaving the rest of the stuff I was planning on for the next 2 weeks. And I just realized one of the is nothing but Don Rosa Scrooge Mcduck and the two volumes of Sunstone. That's... an interesting combination.

Top Bottom